Tennessee Vols Spring Practice #5

Dobbs always wore one, some qbs prefer to wear one. Especially on the plant leg
I get that but neither Joe nor Nico wore one in Fall practice last year.

Joe did seem to wear one in game photos I've found but I've seen no photo with Nico in a brace until this season.

It's just different. It's certainly not definitive of a problem, but I'd ask about it if I were a journalist because it's different from last year's practice.

VQ guys have mentioned him replacing some of Baron’s snaps. I wonder if they’ll tinker with the front alignment if it means getting the best guys on the field.
In the bowl game Tyre West immediately took Baron’s spot all day. So, it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Hobbs playing there as well.

Last edited:
So, I guess they are all off on Easter break this weekend? When is next practice? When is next scrimmage? Maybe next Saturday April 6th?

Reactions: Orange.
buddy who's been at practices telling me Staley has potential to be the best WR in the SEC in a year or two. Likes him more than Matthews and he loves Matthews. Crazy crazy crazy speed and hands
I guess we'll see, but that's saying a lot.

Some very good WRs came into the SEC this past recruiting cycle.

And no way he's better than Matthews imo

Sure would like to see a Vols Football Schedule from now till Choo Choo comes to town Aug 31st. Key dates would be practices scheduled including anything open to the public, spring game/fling/thing, summer camps, freshmen report date, more. I'd like to try and get to Knoxville for another weekend full of games and activities. Anything Vol worthy on the football field and open to the public would be the bomb!

buddy who's been at practices telling me Staley has potential to be the best WR in the SEC in a year or two. Likes him more than Matthews and he loves Matthews. Crazy crazy crazy speed and hands
AP and Matt Ray have been talking about how reports coming out that Staley is a potential stud.

I guess we'll see, but that's saying a lot.

Some very good WRs came into the SEC this past recruiting cycle.

And no way he's better than Matthews imo
Silly to say no way… it’s very early for both players Staley was a stud in his own right he didn’t have the hype of Matthews but was very elite and could end up being the better of the 2 but still long way to go for both I’m excited for the future I think they will push each other and both turn into dogs for us.

VN Store

Back