Tennessee Vols Spring Practice #5

I agree Nico is the most important QB we have. I also know wearing a knee brace slows you down due to not being able to move in a natural motion. I understand it can protect your knee, I just find it odd that in a no contact practice he would be wearing a brace unless he is injured somehow.
Insurance. If you have it and use it, you are protected. If yo have ir and don't use it, yo are not very smart.

On how different his body is this year, how much weight he has gained

“Weight gain, I think I’ve gotten to 215 over the spring and just really been trying to maintain that and stay at that weight. I think it’s been a huge difference in just me, the way I’ve been eating, taking care of my nutrition, just everyday habits has grown more and more for me as this years went on. And, just for me, just being consistent with that.”

"Yeah, the day I showed up, man, I probably weighed around 190. I was like, kind of like my senior year, so I’ve come a long way, just staying consistent with that.

“(Eating has) gotten easier, I’d say, and eat eating more meals a day. So yeah, sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I don’t. But I got to get there.”

Reactions: Frozevol

On how different his body is this year, how much weight he has gained

“Weight gain, I think I’ve gotten to 215 over the spring and just really been trying to maintain that and stay at that weight. I think it’s been a huge difference in just me, the way I’ve been eating, taking care of my nutrition, just everyday habits has grown more and more for me as this years went on. And, just for me, just being consistent with that.”

"Yeah, the day I showed up, man, I probably weighed around 190. I was like, kind of like my senior year, so I’ve come a long way, just staying consistent with that.

“(Eating has) gotten easier, I’d say, and eat eating more meals a day. So yeah, sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I don’t. But I got to get there.”
Must be nice to have people compliment you on your 25 pound weight gain.

Uh, none of the other QBs in the video have a brace. 🙄
Milton wore the same brace all of last year. Hendon did not the year before. But he wears one now.

Maybe personal preference. Who knows. I would bet my own left knee that Nico would not be out there if something was wrong with his knee.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Milton wore the same brace all of last year. Hendon did not the year before. But he wears one now.

Maybe personal preference. Who knows. I would bet my own left knee that Nico would not be out there if something was wrong with his knee.
Nico, in pics from last year, doesn't appear to have a brace on that leg.

I'd also bet that he'd not be out there if he was risking injury.

Given the pics from last year without it, if I were asking questions of Coach Heupel I'd ask about it because it's different from last year, I think.

Excellent! It's a no-brainer at this point to put the best incoming all-purpose athlete in the secondary. This staff has already shown they can recruit and develop skill position players on offense.

I'm ready for the next legendary DB like Eric Berry to come through Rocky Top. If he can return kicks like Dale Carter, even better.

Is it me, or does the Kool-Aid taste really good this year?
Need a true hitter like Dale Carter....of course they would never a quarter without a targeting call in today's game.

Would like to know how Jordan Matthews is progressing at CB.

Hopefully he steps and actually competes with the Transfers

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I agree Nico is the most important QB we have. I also know wearing a knee brace slows you down due to not being able to move in a natural motion. I understand it can protect your knee, I just find it odd that in a no contact practice he would be wearing a brace unless he is injured somehow.
The most important topic would be… who the hell disagrees that Nico is the most important QB we have? They should seek professional help.

Reactions: jackaro and Vol524
VQ guys have mentioned him replacing some of Baron’s snaps. I wonder if they’ll tinker with the front alignment if it means getting the best guys on the field.
Would think we’ll see a lot of Hobbs and Tyre West at Baron’s spot. Wouldn’t be surprised if they give us better production too.

Nico is a baller, man,” Campbell Jr. said during a press conference on Monday. “That’s my boy. When he was a young guy, he was a baller. Now he’s growing and he’s still a baller. Everything he’s doing, he’s doing it fast. He’s doing it great. He’s making great decisions. I just love Nico and he’s a great leader.”

Anyone know why Nico is in a knee brace?
"Nico is a baller, man,...That’s my boy. When he was a young guy, he was a baller. Now he’s growing and he’s still a baller. Everything he’s doing, he’s doing it fast. He’s doing it great. He’s making great decisions. I just love Nico and he’s a great leader.”

Great decision to wear a knee brace.

VN Store

Back