Tennessee Softball 2024

I’ve been once and I agree. A lot of fun.

I would love to see it eventually move to a better venue in a better, downtown location somewhere. If that stadium was in downtown OKC at the location of the current minor league ballpark, it would be even better IMO.

Or, if I’m the mayor of a medium-sized city in a good climate, I’d set my sights on moving it.

Agreed! I’d love to see it move around to different cities. I think the sport is in a great place where that could help further the growth even more. The venues have to be right, but I think it could happen with the right logistics, facilities, and support. It’s certainly doable, but it would have to not take away from the “magic” of it all. It’s such a great environment, and I don’t want it to ever lose that, you know.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
As 2024 regular season comes to an end.

Auburn's coach is out
Alabama (a below average incoming class) and LSU (really good incoming class) have coaches on hot seat.

Reactions: volinjax
Moving the WCWS is a pipe dream for at least 11 more years. Are those of you willing to see that happening also harping about Omaha hosting the CWS every year? Doubtful.
I’m not advocating for a move at all and am happy if it stays as an OK boy who lives in Dallas. Makes the trip easy for me. Just saying a big “if” there was ever gonna be a move might be nice for the rest of the country and sport if it would not hurt it. I’m happy with it staying there. I don’t pay attention to baseball though so don’t care about Omaha ;)

I’m not advocating for a move at all and am happy if it stays as an OK boy who lives in Dallas. Makes the trip easy for me. Just saying a big “if” there was ever gonna be a move might be nice for the rest of the country and sport if it would not hurt it. I’m happy with it staying there. I don’t pay attention to baseball though so don’t care about Omaha ;)
I’d say if it were to be moved in the future maybe starting off in California. I wouldn’t be mad if, long down the road, the WCWS ends up being on a rotating basis like the final 4 for college volleyball is every year. Probably won’t happen as a lot of things have to fall into place, mostly a softball stadium that is capable of holding a lot of people.

Moving the WCWS is a pipe dream for at least 11 more years. Are those of you willing to see that happening also harping about Omaha hosting the CWS every year? Doubtful.
I'm not a big fans of Omaha, for the record. 😂 The strong wind very predictably blows straight in toward home plate. I know people are attached to the tradition.

Anyway, I was just cleaning the kitchen and thinking how long it might be before we try to host the WCWS in Knoxville. Strange that it was the subject when I came back! It could rotate. I was guessing (to myself) maybe 5 years before it comes up. And it would take some time to implement; prolly several venues named at once. I admit I don't know a lot about it. Why do you say at least 11 years? Is that the contract? Maybe Oklahoma as a fixed location is good.

I'm not a big fans of Omaha, for the record. 😂 The strong wind very predictably blows straight in toward home plate. I know people are attached to the tradition.

Anyway, I was just cleaning the kitchen and thinking how long it might be before we try to host the WCWS in Knoxville. Strange that it was the subject when I came back! It could rotate. I was guessing (to myself) maybe 5 years before it comes up. And it would take some time to implement; prolly several venues named at once. I admit I don't know a lot about it. Why do you say at least 11 years? Is that the contract? Maybe Oklahoma as a fixed location is good.

Correct, contract doesn’t expire until 2035.

It is locked in until at least 2035 I believe.

Top 25 5/3/24 Friday
Box Scoreaccextra
3:00 PM​
#14 Florida State vs. Syracuse
Box ScoreBTN(TV)5:00 PMIndiana21 Northwestern
Box Scoresecplus5:00 PMGeorgia vs. Mississippi State
Box Score6:00 PMOregon State25 California
Box Scoresecplus
6:00 PM​
#24 Kentucky vs. #3 Tennessee
Box Scoresec(TV)
#16 Alabama vs. Auburn
Box Scoresecplus
#15 Missouri vs. South Carolina
Box Scoreespn+
7:00 PM​
Troy vs. #17 Louisiana
Box Scoresecplus
Liberty vs. LSU
Box Scoreespn+
#1 Texas vs. Texas Tech
Box Scoresecplus
7:15 PM​
Ole Miss vs. #11 Arkansas
Box Scoresecplus
#8 Texas A&M vs. #9 Florida
Box ScoreFS1(TV)7:30 PM4 Oklahoma State2 Oklahoma
Box Score8:00 PM9 WashingtonUtah
Box Score9:00 PM6 UCLAArizona State
Box Score10:00 PM23 Oregon5 Stanford

Last edited:
After Karen moved the batters circle
Couldn’t really see what was going on our side. I know the Kentucky coach was going on about something then the 2nd base ump was giving Karen the business then she gave it back.

Couldn’t really see what was going on our side. I know the Kentucky coach was going on about something then the 2nd base ump was giving Karen the business then she gave it back.
I think Lawson was mad because when Karen moved the on deck mat I guess you could the pitcher could see Mealer in her line of sight and probably would have been distracting

Game over

UT giving away a championship
Whew, thanks for giving me reason to doubt all your offerings on this site. Like to gain insight from all posters, but inherent negative bias, fueled by who knows what, makes the application of trust and value bigtime variables.

Multiple eye roll offerings are what they are, especially back to back like in this thread. Discounting the value of discretion when applying the opinion defense has its cost, in MY OPINION, and would GUESS I am not alone.

I have considered IGNORE, but would lose continuity of threads.

VN Store

Back