Tennessee Softball 2024

Bama and LSU found the formula to beat the Lady Vols.......And that is find an umpire who will call the ball 3 to 4 inches inside to Right handed hitters ( whole lineup was right handed ) a strike so hitters have to swing at the inside pitches which results in a rollover ground ball to 3rd or shortstop for an easy out.

Reactions: TennCan
Somebody has got to know??? I don't know.
I don’t think it’s reviewable play because it’s up to the home plate umpires discretion to look for that type of thing. I said it earlier but white was looking for that outside pitch and we were hammering that spot in both her ABs, personally i would have liked to throw something inside to jam her up

Bama and LSU found the formula to beat the Lady Vols.......And that is find an umpire who will call the ball 3 to 4 inches inside to Right handed hitters ( whole lineup was right handed ) a strike so hitters have to swing at the inside pitches which results in a rollover ground ball to 3rd or shortstop for an easy out.
He definitely gave her the inside and lower level strikes.

I don’t think it’s reviewable play because it’s up to the home plate umpires discretion to look for that type of thing. I said it earlier but white was looking for that outside pitch and we were hammering that spot in both her ABs, personally i would have liked to throw something inside to jam her up
That should definitely be reviewable. I mean the home plate ump has to be looking for that in order to see it

He definitely gave her the inside and lower level strikes.
I believe I would have had all hitters move up and put their feet right on the inside line ( closest to plate ) of batters box so that pitches that inside would hit the batters.

I took a look at Kentucky softball statistics to see what we will see this weekend.

They have four pitchers. Schoonover is their ace. Her overall record is 18-7; however, she is 6-5 (best I can determine) in conference games. She has an ERA of 2.40 in 145 innings and has given up 90 bb and 106 hits.

Their other three pitcher have struggled:
Langdon has an ERA of 4.05 with a 5-5 record.

Vickers has an ERA of 4.75 with a record of 6-6.

Lacaterna has an ERA of 5.08.

Kentucky was ranked 21st as of April 27 but could slide as they lost 2 of 3 games to South Carolina. They have been ranked as high as 13th as they beat Stanford twice early in the season.

Kentucky's SEC record is 8-13 and they are tied with South Carolina for 11th in the conference. They are 7 and 8 in true away games.

As stated earlier we have to win this on the field and Kentucky is a good team. It will be a challenge. Any thing worth winning should be hard to achieve!

I expect us to be extremely focused and win a championship next weekend.

Last edited:
I took a look at Kentucky softball statistics to see what we will see this weekend.

They have four pitchers. Schoonover is their ace. Her overall record is 18-7; however, she is 10-6 once conference play started. She has an ERA of 2.40 in 145 innings and has given up 90 bb and 106 hits.

Their other three pitcher have struggled:
Langdon has an ERA of 4.05 with a 5-5 record.

Vickers has an ERA of 4.75 with a record of 6-6.

Lacaterna has an ERA of 5.08.

Kentucky was ranked 21st as of April 27 but could slide as they lost 2 of 3 games to South Carolina. They have been ranked as high as 13th as they beat Stanford twice early in the season.

Kentucky's SEC record is 8-13 and they are tied with South Carolina for 11th in the conference. They are 7 and 8 in true away games.

As stated earlier we have to win this on the field and Kentucky is a good team. It will be a challenge. Any thing worth winning should be hard to achieve!

I expect us to be extremely focused and win a championship next weekend.
Very nice pregame analysis! Thank you! 🙏

Reactions: Aladywhovolunteer
You want to throw a slapper inside on the hands to back her off the plate. Slappers don't want it in on their hands. They want to extend their arms and drive it to the left side. Once you get a slapper backed off of the plate a screwball is your strike out pitch. It is breaking out and up from a right handed pitcher. I called pitches for my daughter in high school. Struck out a lot of slappers with that combo.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
I believe I would have had all hitters move up and put their feet right on the inside line ( closest to plate ) of batters box so that pitches that inside would hit the batters.
You are thinking correct. Our hitters can pull that pitch or foul it off. You are taking one side of the plate away from the pitcher like Beaver. Then you can set on that outside pitch and drive it to the right side. Beaver was not good enough to blow it by our hitters but she moved it inside and outside and had our hitters guessing all day.

You want to throw a slapper inside on the hands to back her off the plate. Slappers don't want it in on their hands. They want to extend their arms and drive it to the left side. Once you get a slapper backed off of the plate a screwball is your strike out pitch. It is breaking out and up from a right handed pitcher. I called pitches for my daughter in high school. Struck out a lot of slappers with that combo.
I understand why they went there because she had a weak pop up that nugent made a phenomenal catch on in the first inning but for slippers with a pitcher like pickens more often than not you get to contact and the odds are in your favor. I didn’t see the triple that was hit before but we’re we positioned bad in the outfield because the pitch that was hit was on the inner half and i would’ve thought we should’ve be shaded a little bit towards the line

I understand why they went there because she had a weak pop up that nugent made a phenomenal catch on in the first inning but for slippers with a pitcher like pickens more often than not you get to contact and the odds are in your favor. I didn’t see the triple that was hit before but we’re we positioned bad in the outfield because the pitch that was hit was on the inner half and i would’ve thought we should’ve be shaded a little bit towards the line
The ball did bounce off of the outfield wall. It died in the warning track dirt and Pannell had to go get it which allowed the extra base.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
BS, her average isn't any thing to talk about. None of them outside of KIKi had a clue hiw to attack that pitcher. She pitched out of her mind today. I guess being a Tennessee native gave her extra motivation.
So you put a .200 hitting righthanded batter in her place makes sense.

VN Store

Back