Tennessee Softball 2024

That was at least the 3rd batter in a row where they've watched the 1st pitch thrown right down the middle for a called strike (and I'm fairly certain it happened last inning as well). I hope they change their approach at the plate and quit giving the pitcher the advantage of an 0-1 count.

LSU SEC record is 11-9. We are making their pitching staff look like they are all elite pitchers. Don't understand. Surely we can a couple of runs today, if that will be enough.

I think everything about softball needs to be at least 5 feet longer. 5 more feet between the bases and 10 feet at the fence in the outfield.

I hate to be a Debbie downer, but I don’t think our bats are going to be able to take us far post season. Thoughts?

Yea, in the postseason you've got to be able to get some hits and score runs off of good pitching. You're not going
to go far if you can only muster, say, 3/4 hits and a run every time you face a top pitcher. Nobody expects 8 hits and 5 runs against top pitchers--but you have to get some runs. Most everybody will have good pitching, especially
the farther you go along, and it's the teams that can put some numbers on the board against good pitchers that obviously will win. The template
is how we played in the first game of this series: Got a shutout from Gottshall and scored 3 runs against a good pitcher. Three runs seems like
a winning target number, as even if our pitchers in game 1 had given up 1 or 2 runs, which can and will happen, we'd still have won the game.

Reactions: Brittk424

VN Store

Back