Tennessee Softball 2024

No reason the Leach girls should be the ones to DP for G every game. She plays the heck out of defense but cannot hit a lick!!!!!
Can’t happen, if G only plays defense then whoever is pitching has to hit. I will say she did have some impact in the game, lsu smoked some balls at her today and her defense saved a couple bases

6-2 SC 🥎👍Out Florida , over ruled
Wallace walked (3-0 BBBB); Otis advanced to second; Falby advanced to third.
BB
WallaceA. Vawter0
Erickson reached on a fielder's choice, RBI (2-2 BKKB); Wallace out at second 2b to ss; Otis advanced to third; Falby scored.FC4 1RBIEricksonA. Vawter0
Walsh flied into double play rf to 2b to 1b (3-2 BKBKB); Erickson out on the play.DP4-3WalshA. Vawter1
UF Inning Summary: 1 Runs, 1 Hits, 1 Errors, 1 LOB

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Can’t happen, if G only plays defense then whoever is pitching has to hit. I will say she did have some impact in the game, lsu smoked some balls at her today and her defense saved a couple bases
Are our starting pitchers better hitters than her if so should have already happened.

Are our starting pitchers better hitters than her if so should have already happened.
Pickens was a good hitter in high school but though other teams use pitchers it will never happen here we are afraid they will get hurt. Back in the day Marty would talk about how good a hitters the renfoes were but they were afraid other teams would throw at them.

Pickens was a good hitter in high school but though other teams use pitchers it will never happen here we are afraid they will get hurt. Back in the day Marty would talk about how good a hitters the renfoes were but they were afraid other teams would throw at them.
Even with one hitter like G in the lineup we should be putting up some runs. Every team in the SEC has at least one hitter that hits low 200's some hitters we depend on not doing enough. They usually bounce back after a performance like this though so maybe tomorrow.

As a LSU SB fan, I've was reading all week long in the Baton Rouge news and LSU sites that they were focused aon preparing for Pickens for several days, putting the pitching machine at extremely high levels of speed and having male pitchers come pitch. I think they were shocked that she didn't pitch on Friday. Pickens pitched a great game today but LSU was definitely getting a lot of bats on balls that they weren't last night. Should be a good game tomorrow though I imagine it will still be a pitching duel. The LVs have by far the best pitching staff in the SEC and possibly in the country. LSU could possibly be the 2nd or 3rd best SEC pitching staff, especially with Lynch coming on. She shut out Auburn last weekend too. For me, it will be a win/win. I felt LSU desperately needed to win one here as they have been slumping and they got it. Given that they are out of the race for the SEC, I would like the LVs to win the title again.

If you are a LV pitcher you know that you will never hit!

If you are a LV pitcher you know that you will never hit!

I hope it is not that solidly etched in stone. If a player is elite at both, a coach is stupid to leave one part of her skill set on the bench.

I’ll go a step further. If a pitcher is that good of a hitter, they should play a position on their non-pitching day if good enough in the field…and obviously hit. And if not a good fielder, DP. A coach should play their Best 9.

College softball in no way needs to be managed like MLB. Let the best players play!

But, in conclusion, and IMO, none of our pitchers is an SEC-caliber hitter. Otherwise they’d be hitting.

I hope it is not that solidly etched in stone. If a player is elite at both, a coach is stupid to leave one part of her skill set on the bench.

I’ll go a step further. If a pitcher is that good of a hitter, they should play a position on their non-pitching day if good enough in the field…and obviously hit. And if not a good fielder, DP. A coach should play their Best 9.

College softball in no way needs to be managed like MLB. Let the best players play!

But, in conclusion, and IMO, none of our pitchers is an SEC-caliber hitter. Otherwise they’d be hitting.
The best of my remembering i think the now famous LVFL Ashley Rogers was a great hitter in her younger days. I remember Karen let her bat one time and she struck out!

What is more concerning is that Karen waited until there were 2 outs in the 7th to bring in a good PH. If anything gabby/alannah should’ve pinch hit for G

What is more concerning is that Karen waited until there were 2 outs in the 7th to bring in a good PH. If anything gabby/alannah should’ve pinch hit for G
She had already been pinch hit for earlier in the game, so if Tennessee had extended the game, they would have been without their first baseman.

She had already been pinch hit for earlier in the game, so if Tennessee had extended the game, they would have been without their first baseman.
I meant her 2nd AB the one that Sarvis was put in for. She is not hitter that imo can hit a pitcher like Lynch especially given that she was a righty and they were the ones struggling today. And in a scenario where G had to get taken out you move Zaida from the DP to 1B, the pinch hitter is moved to the DP spot no?

I meant her 2nd AB the one that Sarvis was put in for. She is not hitter that imo can hit a pitcher like Lynch especially given that she was a righty and they were the ones struggling today. And in a scenario where G had to get taken out you move Zaida from the DP to 1B, the pinch hitter is moved to the DP spot no?
Just left my depth with regard to softball substitution rules. 😇

Being the dad of a daughter who started pitching at 10 years old and picked all the way through college. Pitchers don't need to hit after they get to high school. Pitching takes its toll on the body and the extra rest is needed for the legs and the arm and shoulder. My daughter was a good hitter and got to hit in middle school and travel ball. She was a better pitcher when she got to high school and college and focused only on pitching.

That shows ignorance. Or it's just an excuse. Too many other teams do it and their pitchers don't get hurt. Seems like UT coaches don't know how to coach it.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12

VN Store

Back