Tennessee settles with John Currie for $2.5m

We’re the worst kind of hens with these rumors and what we do with them. I do agree with the Haslam part but Peyton doesn’t have an agenda. He’s closer to Fulmer than anyone on the committee.

Peyton was in a no win situation with this. Schiano is a name in the community whether we like it or not. This was a good indicator of what he would be treated too if he were to coach here.

Good on Peyton for staying carefully "neutral" (i.e. not pissing anyone off) and good on him for not even considering coaching here.

Reactions: 1 person
The opening shot of Currie in the article clip has always reminded me of Bela Lugosi as Dracula ... ready to suck the life out of UT athletics.

Reactions: 3 people
wait what ? we could have had Leach? ... man things just get crazier .

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Peyton was in a no win situation with this. Schiano is a name in the community whether we like it or not. This was a good indicator of what he would be treated too if he were to coach here.

Good on Peyton for staying carefully "neutral" (i.e. not pissing anyone off) and good on him for not even considering coaching here.

Did you mean Haslam? Freudian slip? :shades:

That is the sad part. Leach would have been an exciting hire and a proven coach.

If you read the story, you would realize that Leach was Currie's back-up plan if he couldn't get the "deal done" with Dave Doeren.
Sad isn't the word I would use.

Reactions: 2 people
Doeren would have been ok but I definitely prefer Pruitt.

Given the realistic choices left after the first couple of weeks, I would roll the dice with Pruitt over the other names left on the board.

Frost was another gamble with a possible really high side but he was never really an option. Plus I question his decision to take his entire staff with him, screams loyalty over sound judgement.

Doeren would have been ok but I definitely prefer Pruitt.

After Gundy humored us and Bev blew up Brohm, all we had left was Dorean. The social media outcry scared Dorean off. Which was funny because be all the Dawgs down here thought we were crazy for not wanting Dorean. I believe their exact words were, "who does Tennessee think they are?" It was at that point we moved into laughing stock. Then Currie wraps up Leach and all the Dawgs and Gators fans are seething, doubfouded at how Currie pulled off the deal with Leach after all that had transpired. Then the next morning WNML is poo-pooing Leach. Saying he was a bad fit. Then Bev and Phil put an end to it. While Leach was a flashy hire I suspect we would have been perpetually 7-8 win team. His type offenses typically don't result in a lot of SEC wins. At least with Pruitt the potential for 10+win seasons is there in 3yrs or so.

Reactions: 3 people
Given the realistic choices left after the first couple of weeks, I would roll the dice with Pruitt over the other names left on the board.

Frost was another gamble with a possible really high side but he was never really an option. Plus I question his decision to take his entire staff with him, screams loyalty over sound judgement.

Some could argue they proved themselves coaching up a winless if to an undefeated team in two years.

We’re the worst kind of hens with these rumors and what we do with them. I do agree with the Haslam part but Peyton doesn’t have an agenda. He’s closer to Fulmer than anyone on the committee.

Not sure Peyton had an agenda, but he had poor judgment at best. Not a rumor imo, reported/verified by several who should know. Call it what you will, he was on the wrong side regarding Currie, just as he was regarding Schiano because of his Haslam connection. Is what it is.

Not sure Peyton had an agenda, but he had poor judgment at best. Not a rumor imo, reported/verified by several who should know. Call it what you will, he was on the wrong side regarding Currie, just as he was regarding Schiano because of his Haslam connection. Is what it is.

“Should”. Sound like yenta’s seeking cred. “We know stuff...just ask us”. No one knows what his thought processes were but “at worst” his intentions are always well meaning for his school. If he wants something, he doesn’t need Haslam to get it.

Yep.

I wish people would stop acting like Peyton is some sort of saint. He isn't.

How might I get a job wherein after a few months it is obvious that I am not very capable at it, so I am suspended WITH PAY pending my $ 2 million parting gift?

Step 1: become a UT employee
Step 2: screw it up
Step 3: hire a lawyer

Tennessee gets screwed...again...as usual.

Thinking back over the last decade, all the huge amounts of money that's been totally wasted, we could have hired nick saTan or any other coach in the country.

I'm really tired of watching us continue to pay people NOT to work for Tennessee.

What a shameful waste of $$$$$.

VFL...GBO!!!

Hope UT's continued string of bad decisions and payouts are coming to an end. Seems like when one ends another one takes its place.

That is the sad part. Leach would have been an exciting hire and a proven coach.

Why do you say that tidefan101821? Nothing sad about it. Would’ve been entertaining in pressers, very put a good, productive offense out there, likely wouldn’t have won much here, just not a good fit. And talk about arrogant.....

VN Store

Back