Tennessee Senate Race

Same happening in GA.

Record numbers register to vote in Georgia before election

A record number of Georgians, more than 6.9 million, are registered to vote ahead of next month’s election for governor, the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office reported Wednesday.
That figure includes at least 253,902 new voters who signed up since the April 24 voter registration deadline for the primary election.

Same happening in GA.

Record numbers register to vote in Georgia before election

A record number of Georgians, more than 6.9 million, are registered to vote ahead of next month’s election for governor, the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office reported Wednesday.
That figure includes at least 253,902 new voters who signed up since the April 24 voter registration deadline for the primary election.

People that don’t want a bunch of Dims running things. They woke up after seeing how the Dims acted with Kavanaugh.

So, anybody got numbers from the last few election years to show the normal last day surge? I don't believe and am not saying she caused all of the 65k, just wondering if you all have anything to back it up besides your thoughts on the matter.

its the last day to register. sounds like the last day is always the biggest increase., she probably had an effect but I wouldn't attribute the 65k to her.
Yeah that wouldn’t have anything to do with people waiting til the last minute for registeration deadline.

So, anybody got numbers from the last few election years to show the normal last day surge? I don't believe and am not saying she caused all of the 65k, just wondering if you all have anything to back it up besides your thoughts on the matter.
It was in several articles. pretty sure some were linked. here is another with a quote. try reading a little before you ask a easy question like this. its also just common sense. never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.

Midterm election increasing voter registration interest in Tennessee, say officials

Historically, the last day before the deadline is the state's biggest for voter registrations and that is not expected to be any different this year, said Mark Goins, the coordinator of elections for Tennessee. But overall, this midterm election is motivating more people to sign up, he said.

It was in several articles. pretty sure some were linked. here is another with a quote. try reading a little before you ask a easy question like this. its also just common sense. never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.

Midterm election increasing voter registration interest in Tennessee, say officials

Still tells nothing of the size of the last day increase which was my question to you. What is the big increase (using numbers, not just vague words) was my question, not where there was an increase or not. So you might learn to read a question before you respond that I should trying reading and researching before you answer a question I didn't even ask.

The question I asked was what is the general "large increase" in last day voter registrations which the article posted did not address. All we know from you article was 248,654 people had signed up to vote since last September (average of 664 per day or so assuming 9/1/2017 thru 10/9/18 when the article was written). So average is 664 per day, so is the big increase 1,000 people normally signing up on the last day or is it 5,000, 10,000, 20,000? That was the question.

Using the normal increase, we can then see if 65,000 is greater than or equal to the normal increase to see if there may have been an effect.

Yea I haven't seen 15 anywhere

3-5 IMO. Gonna be an interesting finish.
Bredesen's stance on K and his his sharp attempt to separate himself from Schumer hasn't sat well with D's, but I don't think he had a chance with just a good D turnout. It was his only play.

I watched about 30 minutes of the debate last night, both were horrible. Bredesen looked like a lost puppet and Marsha was a one trick pony.

Think I’ll be writing myself in again.

I was curious on what you'd do here. You think women shouldn't be able to vote, so I wondered how you would justify actually voting for one to hold office.

I was curious on what you'd do here. You think women shouldn't be able to vote, so I wondered how you would justify actually voting for one to hold office.

Single women, Marsha has a husband to guide her and he's not doing a very good job IMO.

Still tells nothing of the size of the last day increase which was my question to you. What is the big increase (using numbers, not just vague words) was my question, not where there was an increase or not. So you might learn to read a question before you respond that I should trying reading and researching before you answer a question I didn't even ask.

The question I asked was what is the general "large increase" in last day voter registrations which the article posted did not address. All we know from you article was 248,654 people had signed up to vote since last September (average of 664 per day or so assuming 9/1/2017 thru 10/9/18 when the article was written). So average is 664 per day, so is the big increase 1,000 people normally signing up on the last day or is it 5,000, 10,000, 20,000? That was the question.

Using the normal increase, we can then see if 65,000 is greater than or equal to the normal increase to see if there may have been an effect.
touche

July 2017 was the first year they had electronic sign up. that is going to weigh any results. so far I have yet to see any of the articles mentioning Swift's impact provide any numbers from previous years.

here is what I have found. https://sos-tn-gov-files.s3.amazonaws.com/RptSixMonthSumDec2016.pdf
there were 223,858 from July 2016 to December 2016 last voting block time frame. not seeing any indication on when they signed up. and thats just a 6 month total vs the yearly total given in the article.

the issue is we can't separate swifts impact from the standard last day rush. at best we can tell there were 25k more people signed up now than the last time people got out to vote. population increase and easier access can easily account for most of that.

VN Store

Back