Tennessee Played Well Vs. Texas

It might not be such a bad idea to let Diamond handle the ball more; she often wants to be a facilitator anyway...

In a three or four guard lineup most guards can initiate the offense, especially in motion, and our sets, plus you want Diamond on the wing.

Why add more to her plate? When her current plate is still full? Now, she would be thinking more besides playing, we need her to focus on just playing basketball, consistent and efficiently for a while.

Last edited:
You can't run if you aint playing defense or rebounding the basketball.

Agreed. You can't run if you don't play defense and rebound, and Tennessee doesn't do either one of those very well. And without a point guard to force pace and to distribute the ball and keep everyone else in line, I don't think a desire to run is going to be executed very well.

I'm neutral on letting Diamond handle the ball more. She has a tendency to throw wild passes and has a high turnover rate but she sees the floor well and tries to make things happen. The only player on the team in my opinion that has a point guard mentality is Middleton. And Middleton is awful on defense.

Reactions: 1 person
You could see that during the UConn-ND game. Gabby Williams put together one of the most impressive stat lines of the season and UConn was up by 13 with under a minute to go, and he tore into her for not boxing out.

Holly's presser, along with Diamond/Jaime's, has a lot of references to how well they competed. I mean, sure, that makes some of the fans feel better, but as a coach, she needs to be focusing on the fact that they were down by 15 before they started competing. She can't be patting herself on the back for "A For Effort!" stuff.

She has to keep them young lady motivated, its no pat on the back, but at least they fought back. She said, she was going to go in a different direction. I like the new direction, now we just need wins and the team playing that way for 40 minutes.

Holly, she could have said that was horrible, we played bad, how do you think those mentally challenged players would respond, negatively. She is building her team, build yo team Holly, that was the most competitive game by our ladies upto date, hopefully we can get better results.

This is a new season, 4-4, but now the record is clean 0-0.
How do they respond?

Reactions: 2 people
True, but the point was that Holly has said we need to run. Some people have posted as if she hadn't addressed the issue.

Gotcha. Holly wants easy buckets, every coach want easy buckets. I've been at games, when she frustrated cos they are not running.

They act like she's coaching them not to run, see that's stupid to me.:rock:

Agreed. You can't run if you don't play defense and rebound, and Tennessee doesn't do either one of those very well. And without a point guard to force pace and to distribute the ball and keep everyone else in line, I don't think a desire to run is going to be executed very well.

I'm neutral on letting Diamond handle the ball more. She has a tendency to throw wild passes and has a high turnover rate but she sees the floor well and tries to make things happen. The only player on the team in my opinion that has a point guard mentality is Middleton. And Middleton is awful on defense.

I say, take a shot with Meme. Jordan or Middleton would not be in my starting lineup tho. They would have to earn their spot back with their play in games.

She has to keep them young lady motivated, its no pat on the back, but at least they fought back. She said, she was going to go in a different direction. I like the new direction, now we just need wins and the team playing that way for 40 minutes.

Holly, she could have said that was horrible, we played bad, how do you think those mentally challenged players would respond, negatively. She is building her team, build yo team Holly, that was the most competitive game by our ladies upto date, hopefully we can get better results.

This is a new season, 4-4, but now the record is clean 0-0.
How do they respond?

I know. Last week Mercedes says they need positive encouragement and this week some people act like Holly should be trashing them for not winning. :hmm:

I know. Last week Mercedes says they need positive encouragement and this week some people act like Holly should be trashing them for not winning. :hmm:

The whole world is against them, you should look at the comments all over social media, its nasty. She was hard on them after the Baylor game, kudos to her, it was warranted.

Defense, boxing out, and ladies getting the gym to knock down shots.

Watch Nared interview, love it.

Ain't nobody got time for that, we still have a lot of great posters on the board. Of course, I don't agree with them all, but some are good, I enjoy reading posts whether their opinions is different from mine, cos you can read the passion they have for the Lady Vols, and really want the team and the coach to to be successful.

I need to remove AMB, but other than that, wuteva?

In those block posters eyes, Holly would never do anything right, so why bother talkin or listenin to what the have to say, when everything is full of hate.

Aye, do you. T-Vol! lol

How did you feel about Texas game?

I was encouraged by the way they started to play right before the half...when they were closing the gap. When they came out after the half and things really started clicking and they took the lead, I was jubilant! (Not gonna lie - I shed a tear or two.)

Jaime Nared was spectacular! When Diamond is firing on all cylinders, she makes me want to stand up and shout, "Hallelujah!" I was disappointed for Mercedes because she was double and triple teamed - and they knew they had better! Love that girl and really want to see her just knock the hell out of somebody! Liked what I saw from Meme defensively...and glad to see her getting minutes. I was disappointed Dunbar didn't get any minutes. I love to see her bust those three-pointers!

I saw plenty to build on going forward and hope they will. I was disappointed with the loss and wish they would quit starting so slow. I loved it when there toward the end, when it was so intense and they were trying to pull it out and there was a time out. J-Law stepped forward and those eyes got big and she was pointing that finger and I could tell Jazzy was telling them what was what! I love me some J-Law! (2 Legit 2 Quit!) 😉

Anyway...I was encouraged by the positives and hope they will build on them, progress, and just keep fighting hard. I am sure going to be rooting for them. I'll be there this coming weekend for the Stanford game...hoping for a better outcome than the last time I was there (Baylor game).

Go Lady Vols! ❤️🍊🏀✨

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I'm a newbie to posting, but I've read these posts for several years. The negativity keeps getting more disconcerting and less productive. If I read these posts, what makes you think that the women who play for us don't, too? These are young people who need reinforcement and support--lord knows the coaches do, too. Do you think Holly does all this on purpose? Your posts make it sound that way. Frankly, you sound like a bunch of very spoiled fans who are contributing little to the team's quest to improve. I see "senior member" on some of the most negative posts. Some positive energy focused in the right place might help. Couldn't hurt, and it might even make you feel a little less grumpy.

Reactions: 4 people
That's quite a list, but I think you covered most of the most negative. Good for you.

why aren't I on your block list? please, I want to be a part of the fire Holly crowd. in fact I am going to remove you from my block list. she,or he, is so entertaining to read in her love for chw. must be kin or a very close friend. I don't want to miss the opportunity for them admitting we need a new coach..

why aren't I on your block list? please, I want to be a part of the fire Holly crowd. in fact I am going to remove you from my block list. she,or he, is so entertaining to read in her love for chw. must be kin or a very close friend. I don't want to miss the opportunity for them admitting we need a new coach..

You must be a glutton for punishment 😂😂😂

Thankfully, I discovered the IGNORE button before he did.

Jordan is great pushing the ball. She's always looking to run. The teams inability to box out and rebound is hurting the team. When you have other teams getting third and fourth chance points and the girls not hustling back on misses then of course they'll have problems running in transition.
Middleton is kinda better in a court set, but not by much. When I see her running full speed down the court in transition, I'm ALWAYS saying," No. No. Don't do it". Because, majority of the time she's always doing something careless with the basketball.
I don't think Diamonds confident enough in her ball handling to play point. When I say ball handling I don't mean taking someone off the dribble drive. I mean her standing at the top of the key with a smaller guard hounding her, while she sets up the offense. She's had her pockets picked a couple of times this year because of it.

Jordan is great pushing the ball. She's always looking to run. The teams inability to box out and rebound is hurting the team. When you have other teams getting third and fourth chance points and the girls not hustling back on misses then of course they'll have problems running in transition.
Middleton is kinda better in a court set, but not by much. When I see her running full speed down the court in transition, I'm ALWAYS saying," No. No. Don't do it". Because, majority of the time she's always doing something careless with the basketball.
I don't think Diamonds confident enough in her ball handling to play point. When I say ball handling I don't mean taking someone off the dribble drive. I mean her standing at the top of the key with a smaller guard hounding her, while she sets up the offense. She's had her pockets picked a couple of times this year because of it.

Nice post!

Your screen name says SO much. Lol. Don't go to the dark side.

VN Store

Back