Tennessee Played Well Vs. Texas

These games mean nothing. The NCAA games are the only ones that matter. Stop watching, commenting on this preseason crap. Save money for March madness tickets.

At the rate UT is headed, there will be no NCAA games. Especially, not a deep run.

Charlie Creme's updated NCAAW's bracket comes out tomorrow, let's see where he places us.

Reactions: 1 person
Amazing! The followers of this once proud program consider a close loss to a so-so team as something to be proud about. I know I need to re-adjust my thinking, but at my age, its hard.

the difference was the same as it always is. piss poor coaching.

Yep! There was a pre-season video clip of Holly clapping and telling the team, after a practice, something like "great job, you competed"...and I'm thinking what ole Geno would be saying...more like..."Not good enough, competing isn't good enough, you're here to WIN games, so step it up a notch."

Reactions: 6 people
Texas is a good team and will be the second best team in big 12. This was a more competitive game. I am looking forward to how we play moving forward if we can compete like we did today but work on rebounding we can be the third best team in the sec ..we need to beat Stanford.

Yep! There was a pre-season video clip of Holly clapping and telling the team, after a practice, something like "great job, you competed"...and I'm thinking what ole Geno would be saying...more like..."Not good enough, competing isn't good enough, you're here to WIN games, so step it up a notch."

You could see that during the UConn-ND game. Gabby Williams put together one of the most impressive stat lines of the season and UConn was up by 13 with under a minute to go, and he tore into her for not boxing out.

Holly's presser, along with Diamond/Jaime's, has a lot of references to how well they competed. I mean, sure, that makes some of the fans feel better, but as a coach, she needs to be focusing on the fact that they were down by 15 before they started competing. She can't be patting herself on the back for "A For Effort!" stuff.

Reactions: 3 people
I attended the UT - UT game today since I was in Austin. I remember going there several years ago when Pat was still coach and there must have been at least 1500 Vol fans there. Today I could see around 30 - 40 at best. It seemed to me that everything was in slow motion for the Vols. They had a few spurts here and there where it looked like they may have really wanted the game, but you know the rest of the story. Texas has a fairly decent team but my god they're still a work in progress as well. I had hoped the Vols would win today, because when you live in Waco you root against eerbody that plays TX. But they let me down!!

The team has certainly not played well to start the season. But if you're not glad to see improvement and the team starting to play better, then I would say you're not really a fan of the Lady Vols.

Reactions: 7 people
My how the expectations have fallen. Maybe when the NCAA starts handing out participation trophies this team will win something again. Or better yet if they want to win they'll dump that sorry ass coach and get someone in here who knows what they are doing. You people that accept this mediocrity are the biggest problem that we have. Keep clapping your hands and saying 'almost' or 'next time'. Meanwhile the Lady Vols are falling further and further behind and your acceptance only helps push it along.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes and it gives them an extra year basically playing together besides Green. Cooper is wayyy better the Reynolds in all phases of basketball.

You might want to look at some stats. The ONLY way Cooper is better than Reynolds is PPG, 8.6 vs. 5.4 PPG.
Cooper and Reynolds career FG percentage, 3 pt percentage, and FT percentage are nearly identical.
Cooper has 1.9 RPG, and Reynolds 3.4 RPG.
Cooper .94 steals per game, Reynolds 1.17.
Cooper's A:TO ratio last year was .76. Reynolds' career is 1.68 and this year is 2.7.

And while I wouldn't say Tenn "played well" against Texas, I would say Tenn was improved. Nared finally showed us what she can do when she hustles out there.

Last edited:
She would have to run the table and make the final 4 before I would consider giving her another year as coach. And I don't believe I would give her another year even if she did that. Get her outta here...now!

just have low tolerance for reading the title...... we played well vs Texas...... we did? we lost!!! dont want to be satisfied with a loss.... these arent the Sparks or Lynx.... they are Texas.... not a juggernaut

Maybe you didn't notice Texas was 2 and 4. Same story. I don't see how you could be a fan of our coach "that's being generous calling her a coach" and pretend to love the Lady Vols. Open your eyes SHE CAN'T COACH OR EVEN PREPARE A TEAM

Wow.

just have low tolerance for reading the title...... we played well vs Texas...... we did? we lost!!! dont want to be satisfied with a loss.... these arent the Sparks or Lynx.... they are Texas.... not a juggernaut

+ + They lost one of their bigs and their starting guard did not play because of concussion protocols! They played better!!! BUT COME ON ??? Texas beat us down two starters 😈

Reactions: 2 people
With a 15 point deficit the Ladies came back strong. The Ladies played well. Nard was simply a beast. This team just needs to play with the same mentality going forward. Jackson played a good defensive game. Give Holly her props they played and exercised a very good game plain. The difference today was our short bench.

Today Ladies you showed that you have a game, however, you need to bring it every game.

To be honest Texas is really not that good and we lost to them. Not too excited.

The team has certainly not played well to start the season. But if you're not glad to see improvement and the team starting to play better, then I would say you're not really a fan of the Lady Vols.

I am a big fan a saw no improvement. Same ole Holly. Can't coach and can't win.

VN Store

Back