Tennessee Lady Vols Updated Roster.

As for ivyleague, I'm surprised that they aren't on TS because they would fit in extremely well. Also surprised that someone who is so full of him/herself and their 'superior' intelligence would use such a mundane and childish term such as "Debbie Downer". The first thing that comes to my mind when I see/hear terms like "Debbie Downer" or "NegaVol" (another dumb cliche) is "suck it up, buttercup". It's easy to call names when you can't refute what someone is actually saying with facts and an opposing viewpoint. I don't agree with everything armchair says, but he is far from 'negative'. If anyone feels that, you obviously haven't seen real negativity in college sports. He reminds me of myself in that he always says what he feels and explains why and is usually intelligent in his posts. Likewise, I don't agree with most of what ivyleague says -- mostly because it's a bunch of rambling and pumping sunshine up his/her own rear end, and when it isn't, it's getting into fights with other people ... usually a combination of the two. (I'm snarky as hell ... but even I think it's over the top.) But I agree with what they've said about the whole Glory/Griner situation. I guess that proves that everyone is agreeable at some point.

Compare your "likes" on this particular site to mine . . . we have roughly the same number of posts. Maybe that should tell you something. For what it's worth, I mostly disagree with everything you say, as well. Weren't you also the one who got into the Twitter war with Kendra Davis? Talk about over the top . . . that's not normal adult behavior.

Last edited:
"My favorite is how every player that commits/signs to UT is made out to be like they are some kind of elite player that has no weaknesses. But when they get to UT ... it's "high school accolades don't mean anything". And don't get me started on how it's a subscription board with zero subscription content. No chats, no inside information, no nothing."

I'm seriously thinking about unsubscribing from TS. I agree that there's really no inside information besides what players Tennessee is going really hard after. Then everything is so secretive. If you say anything that's against the majority stones will be thrown. Our offense was terrible last season and I couldn't tell you what system we ran. But excuse after excuse was made by different posters and it was so frustrating. There is no excuse for a team stacked with High School All-Americans to look that bad on offense and shoot so poorly.

Last edited:
"My favorite is how every player that commits/signs to UT is made out to be like they are some kind of elite player that has no weaknesses. But when they get to UT ... it's "high school accolades don't mean anything". And don't get me started on how it's a subscription board with zero subscription content. No chats, no inside information, no nothing."

I'm seriously thinking about unsubscribing from TS. I agree that there's really no inside information besides what players Tennessee is going really hard after. Then everything is so secretive. If you say anything that's against the majority stones will be thrown. Our offense was terrible last season and I couldn't tell you what system we ran. But excuse after excuse was made by different posters and it was so frustrating. There is no excuse for a team stacked with High School All-Americans to look that bad on offense and shoot so poorly.

Left there long ago basically for the reasons you state. The Tennessee women's basketball program has been in a bad situation for the last seven years and over there you say anything it is like you hate the program.
I think we on the way back big year for Holly and the team. She really needs to go out and get an offensive coach no one on her present staff seems to have a clue about the offense.

IMO I think armchair provides valuable insight in a lot of his/her posts. Do I agree with everything that he/she posts? No, but most of the analysis in armchair's post are no more critical than you would find on sports talk radio or from ESPN analysts like Lobo, Peck, or Lawson. It's clear that this isn't someone who signed up here masquerading as a fake lady vol fan just to antagonize the fan base, and we can probably name a few who are doing that. To be clear, this isn't the Summit and if you want constant sunshine pumping about the Lady Vols, then that forum might be for you. They run a tight ship over there, so posting ANYTHING critical is highly frowned upon. To each their own, but I prefer to be able to read critical posts, as well as positive posts. So, if you are visibly upset and think you might flip out or have a tantrum over something negative Armchair posts, or any other well meaning lady vol fan posts, then the Summit is def calling your name. There's also that handy little ignore button :thumbsup: With all that said, I fully support Holly and her staff and I think great things are coming back for Lady Vol basketball.

Back to the topic at hand..I'm excited about our roster and I think Holly has wonderful options to choose from. I don't really recall a year where we had so many options, and not only options, but options that won't hurt us if/when we sub players in and out. I agree with the other poster/s who said that Cooper reminds them of Simms. What Massengale lacked in height and strength, Cooper makes up for then some. Not to mention the fact that she is an outstanding defensive player, which was another Massengale weakness. With all the talent that is on this team and all the supporting talent, how can we not be in the picture for our 9th NC. As far as I'm concerned, this is our best shot at it since 08. Can't wait for the season to start up!!

I agree with a lot of what you said here. Armchair provides a kind of reality check when the enthusiasm builds to an unrealistic level. Look back at the recruiting thread to September of 2013 and his voicing concern over one of our signees athletic ability. Seems pretty accurate in hindsight. Certainly as far as her freshman season went.
I can't wait for the season to start also. Barring injury, it will be the best LV team since 08.
To IL. Nixon won by a landslide in his second term.

VN Store

Back