Tennessee Lady Vol News

Say what you want about Coach Yo but nice to see another coach taking up Kea’s case. I cannot fathom what the voters are thinking. Anyone who has faced her knows she’s an AA. I mean just look at her SC games. She was the best player on the floor every time.

Attachments

• IMG_4573.png
    IMG_4573.png
    324.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
My thoughts too

More AA list are coming soon
I would have said Rickea on first team if she had not missed several weeks at the beginning of the season. By all means, she is second team. The ESPN people must be smoking some way out wacky weed when making their selections - good gracious Granny!

I would have said Rickea on first team if she had not missed several weeks at the beginning of the season. By all means, she is second team. The ESPN people must be smoking some way out wacky weed when making their selections - good gracious Granny!
It feels like these voters really punished Rickea for the 12 losses even though she was out for many of those. Other than Pilli, it looks like every other player was on a team that finished top 4 on their conference and had no more than 7 losses. I get that to a certain extent, but there is no denying how good she is and how important she is to her team.

I can’t even deal. What are these lists? Who is voting?
Both Cora and Maria voted, both said they were shocked RIckea was only HM. Cora voted her second team, Maria said she voted her "first three". As usual with these lists, the criteria for this is fuzzy. We can safely say this list does not reflect who is the most talented or the best actual player. Nor who will be the best pro.

Rickea is obviously a better player than almost everyone on the second and third teams. She's also a better, more versatile player than both Angel and Kamilla, and will be drafted higher and be a better pro than both. This list is whoever put up the biggest numbers for teams that have the most wins. Plus a few courtesy selections.
I would have said Rickea on first team if she had not missed several weeks at the beginning of the season
I think the injury had a big effect, but I don't get it. Why does missing 8 games early change what RJ did? She played in enough games to qualify her stats. All that stretch did was show how badly the team needs her. Angel missed 4 games at the same time for far sketchier reasons - she couldn't get along w teammates and her Mom couldn't stop beefing w FJ Mom in public. Didn't seem to hurt her chances.

IMO, fair or not, the injury and playing for a team widely seen as an underachiever did the deed to RIckea. Otherwise it's inexplicable. And unrelated to ability, which is weird.

Last edited:

Poor Sam. Rickea is her girl and she is really, really upset about all this. I think it's possible to overdo the motivation angle. We sure don't want anyone getting too tight or too emotional. I'm good if RJ and everyone else just keeps doing what they've been doing the last month or so.

Poor Sam. Rickea is her girl and she is really, really upset about all this. I think it's possible to overdo the motivation angle. We sure don't want anyone getting too tight or too emotional. I'm good if RJ and everyone else just keeps doing what they've been doing the last month or so.

Yeah, don’t wanna see her pressing out there. Just go out and do what she does. Doesn’t have ANYTHING to prove IMO. Not as an individual baller anyway.

Deloris is TRASH don’t even go there. Like the Perez Hilton of wbb.
This is unrelated to the current discussion and is not Lady Vols news but important women's college basketball news just the same. Saw on ESPN2 that Virginia Tech just got devastating news about Elizabeth Kitley, their All-American center. She is out of the NCAA tourney with a torn ACL in her knee. I feel sorry for Elizabeth as she was one of my favorite non-lady vol players. She always carried herself with grace and class.

This is unrelated to the current discussion and is not Lady Vols news but important women's college basketball news just the same. Saw on ESPN2 that Virginia Tech just got devastating news about Elizabeth Kitley, their All-American center. She is out of the NCAA tourney with a torn ACL in her knee. I feel sorry for Elizabeth as she was one of my favorite non-lady vol players. She always carried herself with grace and class.

Yes very sad situation for her

Guess this is in reference to Coach Sam. The author of the post has one (mugshot) so assuming that’s why they are upset. Guess Sam was “messy” for going so low to say this.

Sam is fine. He and that lil South Carolina group are so problematic. The way they talk about players (esp white ones)

Guess this just hit a lil too close to home sns

Reactions: brittannica

VN Store

Back