Tennessee Lady Vol News

Like what Nico got but on a smaller scale. Basically, you show up in Knoxville, do XYZ, and get $X NIL to do so.
And the NIL requirement is like one day we may ask you to pose for a picture or post a tic toc. Just keeps it from being straight up pay for play.

The signing bonus doesn’t have to be cash. Just read about a quarterback, I believe Ole Miss, who got use of a private jet for training, travel for family, vacations etc for a year.Georgia QB posed with his new Lamborghini.

They’re also having to pay players to stay since transfer portal is now wide open. Can transfer every year without sitting out. Someone on twitter today wondered how long before players ask for additional $$ to play in the tournament.

And the NIL requirement is like one day we may ask you to pose for a picture or post a tic toc. Just keeps it from being straight up pay for play.

The signing bonus doesn’t have to be cash. Just read about a quarterback, I believe Ole Miss, who got use of a private jet for training, travel for family, vacations etc for a year.Georgia QB posed with his new Lamborghini.

They’re also having to pay players to stay since transfer portal is now wide open. Can transfer every year without sitting out. Someone on twitter today wondered how long before players ask for additional $$ to play in the tournament.
This is correct. NIL deals for student athletes are not exclusively cash deals (and has been speculated the vast majority are not). These deals can incorporate not only guaranteed $’s, but insurance policies, travel and accommodations for families to and from games to see their children play, automobiles, cost of apartments for those entering the draft/training camp etc. I think you have to tailor/market your deals to each individual athlete as each have their own needs and wants.

I didn't know where to put this, but it's been reported that UConn will be playing Louisville in the basketball classic in Brooklyn , NY next year. That means that the LVs will be playing Iowa. Is that a good thing or bad thing that Caitlin Clark will not be on the floor for the Hawkeyes?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Ridiculous that they have Rickea Jackson on only the honorable mention team.
Looks like they went heavy on team success, only Fair and Pili were on teams outside of top 16….RJ is an AA no matter what they say. Watch the draft…a bunch of people were complaining last year about Boston making most lists for end of year awards due to her numbers (she avg 26 minutes per game). But she was drafted 1 and was ROY.

Now I'm sorry I was snarky earlier about Yo and her endless commenting on social media. The crazy AA snub of RJ is causing quite a bit of consternation all across the WBB world.

I don't get the "well she missed games while injured" explanation. All that stretch of games did was prove how valuable she is to this team. But I don't want her, and the team, to get all caught up in a "snub" narrative like Rhyne Howard did a few years ago. Use it as quiet, behind the scenes motivation but keep doing exactly what the LVs have been doing on the court lately. This is not the time to become a highly emotional team; that is just not who they are.

I'm sure coaches about to coach against RJ wish she had been named first string POY. As if she needed extra motivation . . .

VN Store

Back