Tennessee just picked to win the East

Someone has to hold the tie breaker because they play each other... No ties..

He said in another thread he expects UT to beat UGA.

He plans on the top of the SEC East looking like:

TN 8-4
UGA 8-4
MO 7-5
UF 7-5
USCe 6-6

Edit: however, it looks like the three-way tie in the conference records would have that UF winning the East.

Last edited:
I see 8 to 9 wins. We're still a little young IMO to win the east particularly with the trenches. We have the talent to do it but generally olinemen take time to develop and I think that weakness holds us back in a game or two. Year after though this team can win the sec IMO.

I see where you're coming from. I also think that if we had Dobbs for the Florida and Georgia game, those are both W's.

Obviously that doesn't change the fact we lost those games, but my point is that Dobbs adds another dimension to the offense that Worley simply couldn't. Either way, I'm really excited to see how our beloved Vols perform this year! GBO

We did have Dobbs for the UF and UGA games.

He said in another thread he expects UT to beat UGA.

He plans on the top of the SEC East looking like:

TN 8-4
UGA 8-4
MO 7-5
UF 7-5
USCe 6-6

Edit: however, it looks like the three-way tie in the conference records would have that UF winning the East.

One team will rise up and take control of the East, history has proven that, hopefully it will be UT that finish the best.

Reading these comments is sad. Some UT fans just cannot get out of the losing frame of mind.

Ten losses in a row to Florida.

Eight losses in a row to Alabama.

Five losses in a row to Georgia.

Three losses in a row to Missouri.

If fans are stuck in the "losing frame of mind," it's probably because the program still is.

South Carolina and Kentucky are the only SEC teams against whom we currently have a multi-game winning streak.

Reactions: 2 people

If fans are stuck in the "losing frame of mind," it's probably because the program still is.

South Carolina and Kentucky are the only SEC teams against whom we currently have a multi-game winning streak.

Soon grasshopper, soon......

This to is soon to change......the roles are reversing ....

Sad, but true.

If UT is to win the East, many of those losing streaks will have to stop.

Here we go.........Vol's win 1 game over .500 and now picked to win the east.....patience...., well that's been 8 years in the making....patience that is
Vols go 8-4 and win bowl game for 9-4 season.....I'd take it right now..........wouldn't you?

Reactions: 3 people

This is all true, but I think we watched a team in our last game that's ready to break those streaks. They have it I believe headed the right direction.

Reactions: 2 people
Here we go.........Vol's win 1 game over .500 and now picked to win the east.....patience...., well that's been 8 years in the making....patience that is
Vols go 8-4 and win bowl game for 9-4 season.....I'd take it right now..........wouldn't you?

Yes...yes I would, no questions asked. Well, only a handful of questions asked.

This is all true, but I think we watched a team in our last game that's ready to break those streaks. They have it I believe headed the right direction.

Good chance to break the Georgia streak. Little chance to break the Mizzou streak. No chance to break either the Florida and Bama streaks imo.

Good chance to break the Georgia streak. Little chance to break the Mizzou streak. No chance to break either the Florida and Bama streaks imo.

I'll agree about bama and mizz, but I think we'll get Florida. Georgia in Knoxville will be a win for us.

That was against Iowa, not against Bama, Georgia, Florida or Mizzou. If you watched the bowl game it was pretty obvious that Iowa is NOT as good of any of those teams.

Reactions: 1 person
the sec east should be way down this year---sc, missour and uga lost a bunch of talent and fla will suck again due to muschamp's terrible recruiting. Tenn should be able to win the division with a couple of breaks.

Call me optimistic, but I see 3 records coming to a end.... Bamar, Georgia and Floriduh. I still think we can beat Mizzou as well.

Keep thinking like a loser if that makes you feel better.

It all depends on Dobbs staying healthy. It really is that simple.

If he stays healthy, there is no reason why we can't win the East.

VN Store

Back