Tennessee just picked to win the East

I'll take all the hype that we can get. First because after the past few years it is refreshing and second because I believe that it will make it even easier for CBJ and staff to get in recruits homes.

Reactions: 1 person
We're one QB injury away from another struggling season. Butch has had his starting QB get knocked out with injury in 4 out of his last 5 seasons.

It's not just Butch. TN in general. Think about Bray's thumb as well.

I'm calling BS on that one. We would need too many things to go our way to win the east.

2016 is a different story.

Not if the talented and now experienced and developed roster plays well and is coached well.

What needs to go the Vols' way is for them to beat the teams they have a talent advantage over then pick off one or two of the 3 where they don't- Bama, UGA, UF. Talent vs the latter two is close and UF is breaking in a new coach.

UT gets Bama and Ark from the West but UGA gets Bama and Auburn. UT more than likely doesn't have to beat both UGA and UF to win the East. They have to go 6-2 in conference and beat one of those two.

We're one QB injury away from another struggling season. Butch has had his starting QB get knocked out with injury in 4 out of his last 5 seasons.

My thoughts exactly. Good thing tennessee has more RBs this yr. It will help take pressure off Dobbs to run so much.

Reading these comments is sad. Some UT fans just cannot get out of the losing frame of mind.

Oh, gimme a break man! We've slogged through the final Fulmer years, Kiffin, Dooley. Get a big win, then the rape charges. Anything good that happens to UT, fans should immediately be prepared for a kick in the crotch. Of course I'm optimistic and don't believe it's a pipe dream to win the east. But I also am trying to be realistic. I will never pick UT to beat FU until it's done. Maybe twice in a row. Anyone who does has been made a fool for the last 10 years. I also feel like we "should" beat Mizzou, but I have no facts to back that up. They've made us look like clowns the past 2 years (if you want to say we almost beat them last year, you believe that onsides kicks are as bountiful as 102,455 vs UTC). Decent to good chance we get UGA, SC, ARK (I'm not buying the hype), VANDY, KY. As my Papaw used to say, "Pray for rain, but do it while digging a well". Some of you guys will be lining up on the Henley if we aren't SEC champs.

I'm calling BS on that one. We would need too many things to go our way to win the east.

2016 is a different story.

Our toughest east opponents are at home this year. This is a better opportunity with our schedule to win the East.

This team has a ton of talent. Underestimating the 2015 Vols will be a mistake.

I don't understimate the talent on this team, but I want to see them learn how to win close games first. The sky is the limit for this team if they can do that.

In general, people only remember the last thing they saw. So, a lot of folks are foaming at the mouth because of what they saw in the Gator Bowl.

A month or so earlier than that, it did not look like a team that was ready to kick *** and take names against Vanderbilt. That statement also applies to the greatest QB in the history of Earth, Josh Dobbs.

I would be hopeful, but I certainly can understand a "I'll believe it when I see it" mentality.

I would also not overlook the fact that these kids have never played in a meaningful game. I don't know when the last time it was they won when Gary and Verne were broadcasting the game. And by and large if you are in the SEC, you aren't in a big game unless CBS has named you the Game of the Week.

So, if they get rolling, it will be interesting to see how they handle the attention that comes from winning and opponents that get jacked up for them not just because there's a "T" on the helmet, but because it's a big game with everyone watching.

Remember all the crap EasSPN has dumped on our heads over the years? Probably not. They want our money guys. Drama is their best friend. Don't buy in.

Kiss of death IMO.

I will never pick UT to beat FU until it's done. Maybe twice in a row. Anyone who does has been made a fool for the last 10 years. I also feel like we "should" beat Mizzou, but I have no facts to back that up.

This is only going to get worse.. Expectations will be a Natty by August

This kind of wimpy defeatism is pathetic. We have the best QB, best RBs, best receivers, probably the best defense, the most returning starters, and the most favorable schedule in the division. Why shouldn't we be favored to win the East??? Do you think the fanbase of any other elite program whines and worries as much as we do? Come on Volnation, get it together and GROW A PAIR.

Reactions: 4 people
Is anyone else tired of hearing the stuff along the lines of "Not 2015, but watch out for 2016.."

Why not 2015? We have the returning talent, while other schools (maybe besides Mizzou) is losing a lot of their talent.. Not saying anything is for sure obviously, but we have a GREAT chance to make it to Atlanta this year.

Reactions: 6 people
In general, people only remember the last thing they saw. So, a lot of folks are foaming at the mouth because of what they saw in the Gator Bowl.

A month or so earlier than that, it did not look like a team that was ready to kick *** and take names against Vanderbilt. That statement also applies to the greatest QB in the history of Earth, Josh Dobbs.

I would be hopeful, but I certainly can understand a "I'll believe it when I see it" mentality.

I would also not overlook the fact that these kids have never played in a meaningful game. I don't know when the last time it was they won when Gary and Verne were broadcasting the game. And by and large if you are in the SEC, you aren't in a big game unless CBS has named you the Game of the Week.

So, if they get rolling, it will be interesting to see how they handle the attention that comes from winning and opponents that get jacked up for them not just because there's a "T" on the helmet, but because it's a big game with everyone watching.
Alls I know is we gone whip they ass.

VN Store

Back