"Tennessee is one of the hottest teams in the country"

I understand making the game interesting. But every time they would get a shot to cut the lead to less than 15, they were "coming back." It's one thing to say it a time or two. But when the game is back and forth for minutes, and it's a 16,13,15,14 etc. lead... You can't keep saying Mercer it coming back.

Would you rather they say, "Wow, this game is a blowout and since Mercer doesn't have a snowball's chance..., you folks should just change the channel or go make a sandwich because this thing is over..." How long do you think those announcers would have a job?

Reactions: 1 person
TN beat three very good teams, none of which played poorly or gave them one thing. They earned the right to be in the Sweet 16 and I suspect no one wants to play them.

If I am Michigan I don't want to play the Vols right now. I am not trying to be brash or arrogant but we are seriously one of the hottest teams in the tournament. This could be our best opportunity to make the Final 4.

Our odds of going much farther aren't great. Some Bleacher Report analyst has us at 7-1 to go all the way, as I recall--better than stanford, san diego state and dayton, but everyone else has better odds. Our odds would be better if we were in a different region. This guy has Louisville as a strong favorite to win the title, which hurts us as we'd have to play them if they beat kentucky and we beat michigan. Can you imagine the hype if we won our next two--like vcu after it beat kansas to go to the final four.

Would you rather they say, "Wow, this game is a blowout and since Mercer doesn't have a snowball's chance..., you folks should just change the channel or go make a sandwich because this thing is over..." How long do you think those announcers would have a job?

There are other ways to keep interest other than saying "mercer is coming back". I personally like a little bit of credibility to my announcers. Everyone watching that game knew they were not on a come back.

Not to mention. This is March, a good majority of people watching games are flipping back and forth anyway.

I think we win the next one it will be all Vols all the time!! We need this next one bad!! Let's go boys!!!! GBO!!! as a side note haven't seen all the this is boring basketball posters??? LOL

VN Store

Back