"Tennessee is one of the hottest teams in the country"

"Very" good teams....no!

But they were the teams in UT's way and UT beat them. The very good teams are coming up.

This is true. Good teams, yes, pretty good ... yes. But -- VERY GOOD ... meh. Sweet 16 is where the real action starts for the Vols this year.

Don't get me wrong ... it IS great to be here!
And the Bruise Bros. & Co. are absolutely going to give Wolverines more than they want. In fact ... We gone MAUL dey azz!!!

This is true. Good teams, yes, pretty good ... yes. But -- VERY GOOD ... meh. Sweet 16 is where the real action starts for the Vols this year.

Don't get me wrong ... it IS great to be here!
And the Bruise Bros. & Co. are absolutely going to give Wolverines more than they want. In fact ... We gone MAUL dey azz!!!

I stand corrected. They may not have been "very good teams" but they were all teams that have played at a high level at some point during the season. Semantics, whatever. Win and move on.

Are you serious? Give it a rest. The announcers were fine.

I understand making the game interesting. But every time they would get a shot to cut the lead to less than 15, they were "coming back." It's one thing to say it a time or two. But when the game is back and forth for minutes, and it's a 16,13,15,14 etc. lead... You can't keep saying Mercer it coming back.

Reactions: 3 people
The term peakin at the right time couldn't comes to mind. The confidence has been there all yr. But the basketball IQ that they imported from somewhere has been amazing. iOM

Reactions: 1 person
I understand making the game interesting. But every time they would get a shot to cut the lead to less than 15, they were "coming back." It's one thing to say it a time or two. But when the game is back andd forth for minutes, and it's a 16,13,15,14 etc. lead... You can't keep saying Mercer it coming back.

Do you understand what they are paid to do? They are paid to keep interest. They can only do that with their yappers.

Are you serious? Give it a rest. The announcers were fine.

So, you didn't notice the flavor in there? Give it a rest.:)

I think they gravitated towards the story which is understandable but I thought they were fine.

They were. Just a thought I had that went crashing through my brain. Every team has a story and I know it's up to them to extrapolate on it during the broadcast.:hi:

I usually don't buy into that crap but it is odd that every other headline starts with the team that won, and ours starts off with mercer...
It's because Mercer knocked out the media darling Duke, it's nothing negative toward Tn. Geez some people need to chill lol.

Just reiterated by the announcers during the Memphis/Virginia game.

The Vols are getting a lot of great national exposure.

Truly phenom...love the national media. Maybe help in a few recruits lookin' our way...oh yeahhhhhh! Survive and advance!:shaking2:
GO VOLS!

After the game Barkley got a studio high five on his prediction about UT.

As long as the officials continue to call the way they have we are in good shape and can compete against anybody. Those striped shirts can make or break a team as we saw against UF in the SEC tourney. We need to play physical because of a lack of height with our bigs. Next we go against a Big 10 elite that we match up well against. But will the bias be there against us? Zo has the team set up and playing Big 10 style. Here's hoping it will be fair.

It also caught my ear when Mercer's coach at the half said we're the "strongest team in the tournament." Pretty sure he meant physical strength, but it really stood out to me. And it's probably true. Kentucky would have to be the closest in terms of inside strength.

I'm so proud of these boys I can hardly contain myself. But I'm so proud of Stokes. There was obviously a point where he took the baton and ran. I'm so proud of him.

It would have had to have been announcers of another game because the one we had were all Mercer.

I didn't feel that way, especially Miller of anything seemed all vol! Lol. The refs were pro mercer for sure though.

Barkley loves him some Stokes.

Man Crush IMO! :) The potential payday for Stokes in the NBA is increasing exponentially!!!

On a serious note, does it seem like Barkley is speaking a little slow and even sluring his words a little????
Hope he is not having any health problems???

Len Elmore and Reggie Miller each went on for a couple minutes about our upcoming match-up with Michigan State, with the Garry Harris-J. Rich matchup and Stokes vs Payne before Kevin Harlan corrected them that we were playing Michigan during the Virginia game lol

I didn't feel that way, especially Miller of anything seemed all vol! Lol. The refs were pro mercer for sure though.

Yes, the officiating in the second half was weird. Players, on both teams getting mauled without a call, and hand check fouls.

Man Crush IMO! :) The potential payday for Stokes in the NBA is increasing exponentially!!!

On a serious note, does it seem like Barkley is speaking a little slow and even sluring his words a little????
Hope he is not having any health problems???

Since Bruce arrived in Auburn all those Tigers seem to be slow talkers.

I like the wealth of basketball experience that Len Elmore and Reggie bring to the table. They are well spoken and filled with knowledge of the game. That said, they probably should be better with the names since this was their third UT game in 6 days.

As for the refs, they were baffling. Stokes got fouled four times on a shot, then two offensive rebounds without a call, then they came down and called a very ticky tack foul on UT.

I think Mercer's coach was working them pretty good and harping on the 0 free throws in the first half.

VN Store

Back