Tennessee Is 1-0 Against Creighton In The Series

If that's your opinion on coaching then you got to have a reason(s). Based on what?

Yesterday there were a number of points in the game where UT seemed to have no cohesive plan. Efforts to make highlight reels with alley oops and the like in a very close game with plenty of time on the shot clock. Things like that.

Creighton seemed more deliberate. Now granted, that's really the only time I've seen them and I do think you are faster and bigger, overall. I think you likely win the game, for sure. Just saying, Creighton seems more disciplined.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
Yesterday there were a number of points in the game where UT seemed to have no cohesive plan. Efforts to make highlight reels with alley oops and the like in a very close game with plenty of time on the shot clock. Things like that.

Creighton seemed more deliberate. Now granted, that's really the only time I've seen them and I do think you are faster and bigger, overall. I think you likely win the game, for sure. Just saying, Creighton seems more disciplined.
It always feel like we are playing awful if the shots aren’t going in. It’s a natural reaction to poor shooting. If 8 of the 12 shots Ziegler had shot were made, we’d be talking about the great game he had and how we beat Texas by 15 points. I’ll bet Texas is bitching today about how bad they played. If Tennessee clamps the defensive pressure on Creighton that they applied to Texas, UT wins.

Alley-oops can be highlight reel plays but they also present a difficult to guard passing lane and a high percentage shot close to the bracket. They also tend to be more common when you can get open with a backdoor cut or off a pick and roll, which are both parts of our offense.

Reactions: EasternVol
Alley-oops can be highlight reel plays but they also present a difficult to guard passing lane and a high percentage shot close to the bracket. They also tend to be more common when you can get open with a backdoor cut or off a pick and roll, which are both parts of our offense.

I understand but I would have thought that, with your size and rebound advantage, you'd have waited in those situations to have the bodies to crash the boards.

Regarding Creighton, we should be able to obtain a very good scouting profile on them as Kim English and Providence played them 3x and beat them 2x this year.
Will be a game we have to make sure each offensive possession is a quality one, as Creighton's offense is very proficient and they will want to control the tempo. I think we can get what we want offensively if we play smart, because Creighton doesn't really turn anyone over. Kalkbrenner is a problem defensively due to his size, ability to block shots, and stays out of foul trouble but I don't think anyone Creighton has will be able to stop Zeigler's ability to penetrate. If Kalkbrenner rotates over our bigs just need to catch the ball and finish.

Creighton gets virtually nothing offensively from their bench so we should have an advantage there. If we punish them on the boards and limit them to one attempt, and don't give away any offensive rebounds for kickout 3's, we can slow them down as our defensive pressure will bother them. A huge % of their offensive is 3's and they have 4 guys that can hit them, so forcing them off the line and making tough 2's probably will be the plan. If we don't leave Ashworth, I think Zeigler and our other guards can take him out offensively the entire game. We will push their halfcourt offense further out than what they are used to.

We need to get alot of rest, because Creighton's offense is smooth and they will run us all over the halfcourt. When things breakdown for them it is all about Alexander and Scheierman as they don't have anyone else who can create. I actually like the matchup pretty well for UT but we have to find out shooting stroke from the perimeter, beyond the 3 pt line or the midrange. Midrange will be there for us in this game. If DK is "on" I think we can handle them by 10+ pts.

Very critical we play with the lead or even and don't get down early. Creighton is not a team that will beat itself and while they don't take a ton of FTs, they make a high % of them. If we play behind, we will be in trouble.

Regarding Creighton, we should be able to obtain a very good scouting profile on them as Kim English and Providence played them 3x and beat them 2x this year.
Will be a game we have to make sure each offensive possession is a quality one, as Creighton's offense is very proficient and they will want to control the tempo. I think we can get what we want offensively if we play smart, because Creighton doesn't really turn anyone over. Kalkbrenner is a problem defensively due to his size, ability to block shots, and stays out of foul trouble but I don't think anyone Creighton has will be able to stop Zeigler's ability to penetrate. If Kalkbrenner rotates over our bigs just need to catch the ball and finish.

Creighton gets virtually nothing offensively from their bench so we should have an advantage there. If we punish them on the boards and limit them to one attempt, and don't give away any offensive rebounds for kickout 3's, we can slow them down as our defensive pressure will bother them. A huge % of their offensive is 3's and they have 4 guys that can hit them, so forcing them off the line and making tough 2's probably will be the plan. If we don't leave Ashworth, I think Zeigler and our other guards can take him out offensively the entire game. We will push their halfcourt offense further out than what they are used to.

We need to get alot of rest, because Creighton's offense is smooth and they will run us all over the halfcourt. When things breakdown for them it is all about Alexander and Scheierman as they don't have anyone else who can create. I actually like the matchup pretty well for UT but we have to find out shooting stroke from the perimeter, beyond the 3 pt line or the midrange. Midrange will be there for us in this game. If DK is "on" I think we can handle them by 10+ pts.

Very critical we play with the lead or even and don't get down early. Creighton is not a team that will beat itself and while they don't take a ton of FTs, they make a high % of them. If we play behind, we will be in trouble.

We need double digit scoring games from Awaka and Gainey to win the bench battle.

I would like to see Dillone and Phillips get some minutes in this game to wear Creighton down and use 5 fouls while guarding 55 for Creighton.

Should be an interesting coaching match up between Barnes and McDermott.

Game's a toss up on neutral on paper. Will come down to WhoWantsitMore. I like our 'D' in this one but I'm always wrong.

Statistically, we matchup evenly with Creighton on paper, but the fact our stats were accrued by playing a stronger schedule than Creighton should be factored in.

They have a lot of Q1 wins, but many of theirs are against teams #50-#75 in the Net. On the other hand the vast majority of our Q1 games were against top 50, even top 30 teams in the Net. We are more battle tested, particularly on Nuetral and Away courts. I think some are worried about our recent poor shooting performances and it is understandable. But we are capable of having a great night, and I think we have alot of ways to frustrate Creighton's guards to give us some wiggle room offensively.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back