Tennessee Is 1-0 Against Creighton In The Series

This is gonna be a tough tough game. I wish they would have had a double overtime game in the first round and had them in the second. They'll have time to be rested.

I've been worried about Creighton since Selection Sunday. Good team.
I told my wife the same thing. The OT doesnt help us because they get a whole week to rest.

Last night seemed like the basketball gods were trying to curse us, and we still managed to prevail.

That has to be a good thing. I can't think we will ever come out that flat again.
Don't agree. Just couldn't hit a bull in the as- with a base fiddle and played too soft in the middle as usual. Plus Texas seemed to want it more than we did until it was nearly too late.

Reactions: jerrync
This is gonna be a tough tough game. I wish they would have had a double overtime game in the first round and had them in the second. They'll have time to be rested.

To be fair, you don't play bad teams in the Sweet 16 or further. They are typically all good from this point on.

I have been worried about Creighton since the season started. They were one of the teams i said to myself i hope we dont see in our bracket in March. They are dangerous shooters when hot. I just hope we can pressure them into rushed shots and we are making at least 8 three pointers Friday night. Dalton doesnt have to go off for 40. We need a steady dose of every player pulling their weight. I think we are a better team when Dalton is passing the ball more like a decoy. So many times there is a dump off pass available to an open man. Quit forcing stuff and take what the defense gives us an trust the other guys to do their job. Tennessee 73 Creighton 68

looking at Creighton and their reputation of not fouling, should Barnes gameplan to pound the paint and make them foul or get easy drives? We do what we did against Texas and shoot badly like that and we lose if they shoot their normal game.

I watched the 2nd half of the Oregon/Creighton game. If our defense plays like they did against Texas we have a good chance to win. We just have to come out strong and shoot better than 30% in the first half. We also need to come out loose and take the shots that they give to us. We passed up way too many open looks in the first half against Texas. The guys seemed to be afraid to let it rip.

Edit: Corrected grammatical error.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
looking at Creighton and their reputation of not fouling, should Barnes gameplan to pound the paint and make them foul or get easy drives? We do what we did against Texas and shoot badly like that and we lose if they shoot their normal game.
Given Creighton's reputation, and the general NCAA Tournament tendency to "let 'em play"... I think Barnes' game plan will be how to win without us getting a single point from the line.

But I think Creighton's strategy will be to pull our defense out to guard the 3, and then pass the ball inside trying to get fouls on our big men. If we can defend the rim without getting anyone in foul trouble in the first half, they will have to beat us from outside in the second. And could.

They are definitely good and can really shoot. I do believe we’re better but it’s not a wide margin. We have to bring out A game every game from here on out.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back