Tee Martin - what is happening now.

LOL...yes UT is obviously an awesome place to work right now, judging by all the top names falling over themselves to take the HC job, and we already have a good portion of our fanbase bashing Jones before he even coaches a down.

And how do you know he's just "another number" at USC? You go to the meetings? Talk to the players he coaches?

Good point, tells me Tee is a frontrunner. Not to mention, you act as if Tennessee is the only fanbase to be out of sorts when we've had to endure what we have had to the last 5 years. I think the fans bashing Jones are ignorant in that he hasn't had time to do anything to bash, but I do understand why fans were disappointed with the hire. And I don't think the coaches that turned us down was as much a reflection of what the university had to offer as much as what Hart sold them on.

I don't expect much less though from shortsided fans, that make broad stroked comments on limited information. I'm guessing he's just another number in that most fans in SoCal could probably careless who their WR coordinator is. As evidence of that, look at the many articles that came out the last several days from the SoCal area in reference to Tee possibly leaving to come to UT. By using simple reading comprehension skills I didn't have to go to any meetings or talk to any of the players or coaches. I used something not very often used on these message boards, common sense.

Ive been away since yesterday and this is the first post i came to. I take it that TEE isn't coming now. Are we 100% sure he isn't coming or is this another thread like the threads that we were getting you know who as a HC. If Kiffin trained him he might take off overnight like he did. hahahahah

It's been reported by TSR and a few other places on twitter that he has told Butch Jones no.

It's been reported by TSR and a few other places on twitter that he has told Butch Jones no.

There is a full article on TOS that states he said thanks but no thanks. To summerize he thinks he has a commitment to his players and they are building something special out there.

There is a full article on TOS that states he said thanks but no thanks. To summerize he thinks he has a commitment to his players and they are building something special out there.

Interesting... I guess he thinks he would be a hypocrite if he does exactly what he criticized Lane for doing. Just not sure why he went through the dog and pony show to only give us that reason. Seems a little coach speak to me.

Interesting... I guess he thinks he would be a hypocrite if he does exactly what he criticized Lane for doing. Just not sure why he went through the dog and pony show to only give us that reason. Seems a little coach speak to me.

I heard a caller this morning that claimed to be friends with T. He said T told people around him that the offer was laughable. USC is private so no nome knows what he makes but TOS calimed he may make upwards of $500K. If that's the case I don't blame him. Also, I personally think that this may have been just a token offer to appease the fans. That way CBJ can say "I at least tried" much the same way Hart handled the Gruden situation.

Good point, tells me Tee is a frontrunner. Not to mention, you act as if Tennessee is the only fanbase to be out of sorts when we've had to endure what we have had to the last 5 years. I think the fans bashing Jones are ignorant in that he hasn't had time to do anything to bash, but I do understand why fans were disappointed with the hire. And I don't think the coaches that turned us down was as much a reflection of what the university had to offer as much as what Hart sold them on.

I don't expect much less though from shortsided fans, that make broad stroked comments on limited information. I'm guessing he's just another number in that most fans in SoCal could probably careless who their WR coordinator is. As evidence of that, look at the many articles that came out the last several days from the SoCal area in reference to Tee possibly leaving to come to UT. By using simple reading comprehension skills I didn't have to go to any meetings or talk to any of the players or coaches. I used something not very often used on these message boards, common sense.

By many, you mean the 1 or 2 that stated Martin had some criticisms about how Kiffin did some things? He also told media outlets he was happy at USC.

You assume most SoCal fans don't know Martin or care about him, but again you don't know. I don't deny he'd be more popular but at the end of the day, how much fans love him likely plays little into his decision. If he's eventually wanting to be a HC, he'll get there based on his coaching, not on how much the fans love him for what he did 15 years ago.

Last edited:
I heard a caller this morning that claimed to be friends with T. He said T told people around him that the offer was laughable. USC is private so no nome knows what he makes but TOS calimed he may make upwards of $500K. If that's the case I don't blame him. Also, I personally think that this may have been just a token offer to appease the fans. That way CBJ can say "I at least tried" much the same way Hart handled the Gruden situation.

If all this is true several on here owe him an apology.

Tee was QB coach at NM when they went 1-11. WR coach at UK.....enough said. Now He's at USC for one of the worst yrs in recent history along with helping a heisman shoe-in become very ordinary in his final season. Why would an ELITE SEC RECRUITER only get one shot in the SEC, and with the worst school at that?
Tee probably knew he wouldnt be able to convince hunter, bray, and patterson to stay. Probably worked out best for T and UT that he stay with SC.

Can't blame Tee if he stays.

USC has the #1 recruiting class currently, with five 5*s, 3 of the #1 recruits at their positions, and the rest 4*s.

We have to beg 3*s to come here. :banghead2:

Hopefully this will begin to change in our
favor.

Monty, chill

Lol. No they aren't. They will steadily decline until probation is over.

"There is a full article on TOS that states he said thanks but no thanks. To summarize he thinks he has a commitment to his players and they are building something special out there."

Hmmm...what about the commitment he made to players at UK the year before last? Statement just reeks of BS.

"There is a full article on TOS that states he said thanks but no thanks. To summarize he thinks he has a commitment to his players and they are building something special out there."

Hmmm...what about the commitment he made to players at UK the year before last? Statement just reeks of BS.

He forgot the word talented before players

VN Store

Back