Tebow finished

I dont think hes a virgin anymore, he got screwed this week. McElroy is out with a concussion and they are starting Sanchez again. Let the man start his last game there atleast, Sanchez was benched for a reason. Theres nothing to lose this week by letting Tebow trot out there.

Reactions: 1 person
And his girlfriend dumped him because he sux

Pretty sure tebow pinch hits for the other team..any mention of "girlfriends" is always a smokescreen..and very very short lived. He has a lot of girl friends I am sure though..they always do.

Pretty sure tebow pinch hits for the other team..any mention of "girlfriends" is always a smokescreen..and very very short lived. He has a lot of girl friends I am sure though..they always do.

you're making yourself look dumb.

Reactions: 3 people
new Jaguars GM David Caldwell on the subject of Tim Tebow:

Tim Tebow of New York Jets not in Jacksonville Jaguars' plans, new GM says - ESPN New York

Tim Tebow won't be playing for his hometown team.

The Jacksonville Jaguars made it clear Thursday that they have no plans to pursue the popular and polarizing quarterback.

Tebow likely will be available this offseason after a disappointing campaign with the New York Jets, who were unable to find a consistent role for the former Heisman Trophy winner.

Sources told ESPN last month that the Jets likely will release Tebow, a Jacksonville native who has been linked to the Jaguars on numerous occasions.

But new general manager David Caldwell nixed the idea of acquiring Tebow at his introductory news conference Thursday.

"I can't imagine a scenario in which he'll be a Jacksonville Jaguar -- even if he's released," Caldwell said.

And Caldwell won't get any pushback from his new owner.

Shad Khan, who made a run at Tebow last year, said it was Caldwell's call.

"It's not my decision," Khan said. "I want to do whatever to help this team win. Who the players are is really the general manager's and coaches' -- it's a football-side operation decision. It's really not my decision."

What has changed for Khan in the 10 months since he wanted Tebow?

"I'm telling them to take a look at Tebow and they're saying, 'We're going to go in a different direction,'" Khan said. "That's the difference."

Tebow starred at nearby Florida, helping the team win two national championship, and created buzz that he would be a huge hit with the Jaguars. He would sell tickets and merchandise, many said, and bring the small-market franchise national recognition and Super Bowl rings.

Despite all the hype, the Jaguars passed on drafting Tebow in 2010 because former general manager Gene Smith didn't view him as a franchise quarterback.

But after Khan took over last year and the Denver Broncos quietly started shopping Tebow, Khan told Smith to look into acquiring the left-hander.

The Jaguars increased their offer several times. By the end of negotiations, Jacksonville had offered a fourth-round pick and agreed to pay $3 million of the $5 million in advance salary the Broncos had already paid Tebow. The money the Jaguars offered was better than the little more than $2.5 million the Jets agreed to pay, and the draft pick was nine spots higher than New York's fourth-round selection.

But it never really got down to the details.

The Broncos told the Jaguars they were allowing Tebow to choose between the teams, and the Jaguars believe Tebow picked the Jets because he felt he would have a better chance to compete for the quarterback job with Mark Sanchez than Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne.

Still, the Jets failed to find a way to effectively use Tebow this season.

Apparently, the Jaguars don't want to try now, either.

"We plan to address the quarterback situation, obviously," Caldwell said. "Blaine is the second-youngest quarterback in the NFL, but we're going to have open competition. Whether it's through draft or through free agency, we'll bring in some more people to compete at the quarterback position. We're going to let the best player win that position."

The Jets struggled offensively this season largely due to the erratic play of Sanchez, which fueled speculation that Tebow eventually would receive regular playing time on offense. Yet when Sanchez was benched, Jets coach Rex Ryan turned to seldom-used Greg McElroy instead of Tebow.

In all, Tebow was used for just 73 offensive plays for the Jets (6-10) this season.

Tebow, who has two years remaining on his contract, spoke Thursday for the first time since the season ended.

"I don't have any regrets," he said in an interview with the Fox Business Network. "I believe everything happens for a reason. I don't know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future and in that there is a lot of peace and a lot of comfort."

The Jacksonville thing never made sense. They didn't want him last year. He should go play QB in the CFL.

The Jacksonville thing never made sense. They didn't want him last year. He should go play QB in the CFL.

I think he should go circumcise some more people on the other side of the planet first. Just to clear his head. He can practice for the CFL later by tossing foreskins into buckets.

I thought the only landing spot for him was Jacksonville, and now that's not going to happen. Wherever he goes, I'm sure ESPN will keep us updated every day.

Tebow is a bit of a victim of his own fame. If it weren't for the mania surrounding him, a few teams might be willing to give him a chance. As it stands, I'm not so sure.

He needs a position change.

To help his career, thats what he needs to do, but as someone who thinks he's a fraud, and cant stand him, tired of all the espn love they give someone who has never done anything at the NFL level.. i hope he sticks to wanting to be a Qb, so he is outta the NFL sooner than later, so he can be just an afterthought as quick as possible.

Tebow is finished. He had a one man market for him last year, and that market just said F' it.

I like him, but he won't settle for being a backup. He'll be in the CFL next year.

I don't know about that market he was in. Rex Ryan's wife has a Mark Sanchez tattoo.

VN Store

Back