Team USA Basketball

Rose > Lillard

I forgot about Curry. So I'd take Rose and Curry. I'm not a fan of Wall or Irving. Lillard is good but IF Rose is completely healthy in taking him over Lillard at this point.

Last edited:
Rose > Lillard

I forgot about Curry. So I'd take Rose and Curry. I'm not a fan of Wall or Irving. Lillard is good but IF Rose is completely healthy in taking him over Lillard at this point.

I wouldn't take Rose, if he gets hurt then you're trying to win a gold medal with 1 PG. He may be the best on the list but it's too iffy to take him this early, imo. If he can stay healthy this season then I'd take him. Jmo.

Curry and Rose. Shooting is good, but so is athleticism. And if you've seen any of my posts, you know I'm not taking two guys (Curry/Lillard/Kyrie) that both don't play D. I really like watching Lillard though.

Who are you? Lol jk

Yeah I normally don't either, I just don't trust Rose health wise.

Rose > Lillard

Reggie Jackson> Rose the last 3 years.

Rumor is Mason Plumlee might get picked over Cousins.

lol.

While Cousins is better, I could see why they wouldn't want him playing international ball. Besides Boogie doesn't want to be the reason world war 3 breaks out. Lol

While Cousins is better, I could see why they wouldn't want him playing international ball. Besides Boogie doesn't want to be the reason world war 3 breaks out. Lol

Boogie like you said might ngaf about being dropped. I think he can handle it. But Plumlee over boogie would be huge homerism either way. Coach k has no argument whatsoever for picking a mediocre dukie over boogie, someone who probably near being in the top 5 big men.

In the long run of things it isn't a huge deal, but just reminds me of my annoyance at coach k and the overall dislike for duke in general lol.

Plumlee's a lot better than Cousins was when he was a rookie. I'd take Plumlee over Cousins on most rosters.

Boogie like you said might ngaf about being dropped. I think he can handle it. But Plumlee over boogie would be huge homerism either way. Coach k has no argument whatsoever for picking a mediocre dukie over boogie, someone who probably near being in the top 5 big men.

In the long run of things it isn't a huge deal, but just reminds me of my annoyance at coach k and the overall dislike for duke in general lol.

I actually like DC, I liked him at UK. Some of it is probably K giving it to his boy. I would think a little of it was, "Boogie is crazy and might elbow an Angolan like Chuck did" lol

Plumlee's a lot better than Cousins was when he was a rookie. I'd take Plumlee over Cousins on most rosters.

You're ****ting me right? Unless you want to talk advanced stats and whatnot, there is absolute no comparison to Plumlee and Cousins. Name one thing Plumlee can do on the court that Cousins cant? Even comparing rookie seasons Cousins is easily better. But his fourth year? Cousins average 23 and 12. Plumlee averaged 7 and 4. Hell, I bet Cousins averaged more than the entire Plumlees put together.

Now go ahead and throw some bs per 36 crap at me and explain how there is any comparison.

What does Cousins rookie season have to do with them right now? Lol

Little Cat called him mediocre. I wouldn't call him mediocre and I was just pointing out he was a really good rookie. Future is bright. I expect him to be pretty damn good this year.

You're ****ting me right? Unless you want to talk advanced stats and whatnot, there is absolute no comparison to Plumlee and Cousins. Name one thing Plumlee can do on the court that Cousins cant? Even comparing rookie seasons Cousins is easily better. But his fourth year? Cousins average 23 and 12. Plumlee averaged 7 and 4. Hell, I bet Cousins averaged more than the entire Plumlees put together.

Now go ahead and throw some bs per 36 crap at me and explain how there is any comparison.

Run the floor like a small forward, he's a better rim defender, and he scores with elite efficiency, and Cousins is the worst with turnovers.

Plumlee is a great fit on almost any roster. I don't really want Cousins unless the team sucks at rebounding. He's a good offensive player, but he needs the ball too much. I'd rather have it in the hands of better scorers. If you don't have that, then you want Cousins. If you do have that, you want Plumlee, IMO.

Little Cat called him mediocre. I wouldn't call him mediocre and I was just pointing out he was a really good rookie. Future is bright. I expect him to be pretty damn good this year.

Oh I missed that part. He isn't mediocre, he's really solid. He's no Boogie though. IMO

Run the floor like a small forward, he's a better rim defender, and he scores with elite efficiency, and Cousins is the worst with turnovers.

Plumlee is a great fit on almost any roster. I don't really want Cousins unless the team sucks at rebounding. He's a good offensive player, but he needs the ball too much. I'd rather have it in the hands of better scorers. If you don't have that, then you want Cousins. If you do have that, you want Plumlee, IMO.

Plumlee an elite efficiency scorer? He never made an outside shot the entire season and averaged 7 points on 9 shots a game. Cousins averaged 17 on 15 shots a game. Factor in that Cousins is shooting outside shots (something Plumlee knows he cant do) and is a better free throw shooter, who is a better offensive threat?

Plumlee is going to give you a few close shots a game. Nothing more. I'll take Cousins even with the TO's. I didn't look at the usage rate combined with turnover ratio, but I'd imagine it's closer than you think. Cousins averaged half a turnover more than KD per 36. Plumlee, if he was handed the ball as much as Cousins, would be just as bad imo. It's a flaw in his game, but still take him imo.

Plumlee is not what this team needs. Every single freaking expert and common sense fan will tell you team usa needs elite big men. Not mediocre high energy guys.

I could go on with more per 36 and stats but you're good at framing mediocrity to be elite, so no point really. I'm done lulz.

Oh I missed that part. He isn't mediocre, he's really solid. He's no Boogie though. IMO

He's mediocre compared to what team usa should have on the team. Would you put Plumlee in the same category as Howard/Davis/Aldridge/Griffin/Cousins?

Hell no. Not even close. He was a good role player, nothing more.

Plumlee an elite efficiency scorer? He never made an outside shot the entire season and averaged 7 points on 9 shots a game. Cousins averaged 17 on 15 shots a game. Factor in that Cousins is shooting outside shots (something Plumlee knows he cant do) and is a better free throw shooter, who is a better offensive threat?

Where you score from has little to do with efficiency. I don't know what stats you're looking at. He did 7.4 ppg off 5.7 shots (accounting for FTAs and you need to account for FTAs with Cousin....it's actually 17.9 and 17.6).

We need elite big men, but Cousins is not that. I agree I'd rather have him on this team, because he is an elite rebounder and we need that. I imagine he wouldn't be taking many FGAs, so good. If he is planning on taking 12+ shots a game, I'd tell him to take a hike.

He's mediocre compared to what team usa should have on the team. Would you put Plumlee in the same category as Howard/Davis/Aldridge/Griffin/Cousins?

Hell no. Not even close. He was a good role player, nothing more.

Aldridge is so inefficient. I don't want him on the team, period. I'd rather go a man down cause I think he'll try to shoot too much. Below league average efficiency 2 years, straight.

When you have an all-star cast, you don't need a bunch of average efficiency guys who are used to shooting a lot. It's a recipe for disaster. Who cares that Plumlee only takes 5.7 FGApg? A lot of guys on the roster will be getting 3-5 shots per game. These are the guys on the last 3 rosters that weren't efficient scorers:

Andre Iguodala
Russell Westbrook
Deron Williams

Jason Kidd
Tayshaun Prince

Carmelo Anthony
Allen Iverson
Stephon Marbury
LeBron James
Shawn Marion
Lamar Odom
Emeka Okafor
Dwyane Wade

Potential 2016 Players
Bradley Beal
Demarcus Cousins
Demar Derozan
Gordon Hayward
Kyrie Irving
Derrick Rose
John Wall

Factor in that K Thompson and P George aren't much better than average and we could have problems. No matter who we put on the court, we should be favored, but inefficient players run a much bigger risk of collectively having a bad shooting night. Hence bronze in 2004.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back