Team Needs

The OL has been a mess for nearly a decade

I know right. It’s kind of surprising since we stuck with such a talented offensive line coach in Dan Mahoney for 4 or 5 years. He’s obviously well respected by his peers. Where is he coaching now? West Virginia school for the deaf and blind?

Pretty sad that some still mock a guy that led our defense in sacks and TFLs.

I agree. It’s obvious he lacks SEC speed and talent but the guy gives his all.

Not sure why half the fans jump on him all the time. You could easily point out that Drew Richmond and Coleman Thomas get beat on a regular basis. Oh yeah and how many false starts?

Reactions: 1 person

Not sure why half the fans jump on him all the time. You could easily point out that Drew Richmond and Coleman Thomas get beat on a regular basis. Oh yeah and how many false starts?

Not only that, but how many times have highly rated guys like KMac, Tuttle, Phillips and Kongbo gotten beat? I mean those guys couldnt stop a spitball. But its obviously all Jumpers fault. Its beyond dumb.

I think we have a BIG unknown on this one because we do not have a true picture of what we currently have on this returning roster. There is a very good chance some, if not many, will be shocked and leave when confronted with the work and commitment required to be a "Champion, clad in TN Orange". It's not their fault, but everything they currently know is about to change and it has to. I think the coming spring will reveal the answers we're looking for.

Coleman Thomas must have had a bench press of 150lbs. Every NT would push straight him back with little effort

Coach Pruitt will make sure the defense is okay, but we can use difference makers at linebacker for sure. We have some talent up front and in the secondary (can't wait to see more aggressive play from dbs), but linebacking corp is a major concern.

IMHO, offense is a mess:

QB development a must. JG had two full years under Jones and he's miles from being elite. McBride has potential and if AM signs the future could be bright. Helton could do wonders with this impressive young man.

OL is as bad as it gets, but if by some miracle Cade joins the fold our bookends have the potential to dazzle. We must find a great anchor at center.

TE major concern, but if a current Cowboy superstar at the same position retires and is added to the staff, watch out.

WR, some talent is there but not one player has experienced decent position coaching. Coach, please hire a great WR teacher.

All in all, Pruitt has a uphill climb, but he can get it done, a'ight.

It's never as good or bad as it seems. With the right kind of leadership my hope is that the guys we have can get stronger and finally get developed. I hope CJP takes a page out of Majors and Fulmers playbook and puts guys where they can reach their potential rather than where they want to play. DL to OL, LB to DR, WR to DB, RB to LB. I hope our coaches evaluations makes some hay with what's on campus.

VN Store

Back