Team Needs

Yeah I am still very skeptical of the qb position. Not sold on either of those guys yet. Wonder what CJP is thinking there

My thought process is he's going to land at least 1 QB, probably 2 in this class. If Martinez is gone, he's gone. There's probably not much we can do about it. But, if he can hang onto Penix, we'll have 4 QBs on the roster if Dormady comes back into the fold, too.

But we need more OL and DL badly. 3 or 4 of them each, maybe more. Need a safety in this class, and a couple of receivers/tight end. And we can always use linebackers.

So basically, everything.

We need a Jamal Lewis for running between the tackles. JK and Ty are more of the Kamara type.

We disagree a little bit Jake on the roster. I think there are some talented pieces that we’ve SEEN, perhaps there are others we haven’t. God knows Jones seemed allergic to putting his most talented players on the field. But right now, I think I only see, from a fan’s perspective, a handful of guys capable of playing at a high SEC level. Kelly, Chandler, Smith, Callaway, Warrior, Bituli, Gaulden, JG (with some good, actual QB coaching)....I feel confident these guys can really play at a high SEC level, but I think that’s about it. Hopefully young kids like Butler, Bumphus, Jordan, Bennett, Crosby, Ignont, Reid, Palmer, etc, prove to be similarly talented, and can play at a high level here

But, of course, the wildcard is the utter lack of coaching and player development by the previous staff. Just hard to know, imho, how much of what we witnessed last season was a lack of talent not commensurate with what the recruiting rankings told us.....or just a severe discrepancy in coaching/scheme/player development/poor culture. I just know that I saw time and time again that virtually none of our guys on the DL and OL (outside of Trey) could just line up and beat the guy across from them, whether we were playing UMass, Vandy or Alabama. At some point, if we have 4 and 5 star guys lining up across from 2 and 3 star guys, shouldn’t they just be able to “out physical” those guys every once in a while, no matter how badly he was “coached”? And that virtually never happened.

I agree we’ll see some natural attrition, especially from some upperclassmen, who aren’t ready to commit to what Pruitt is about to ask/demand of them.

i agree with all of that, especially the underlined. and i think that's exactly why CJP is here. we're not a physically tough team....especially on the LOS.

we're on the same page KB, i don't think we disagree much at all here, maybe just on how some of that talent is weighted in any particular conversation, but not enough to haggle.

i think looking at who you would think would be potential starters, we have some talent. we have a lot of questions after that. and depth is still the biggest issue....

Do we know anything about DKJr? Is he coming back and will he be healthy? If I’m Coach, I wouldn’t put too much stock into him being able to play a full season. Not trying to be mean, just is what it is.

Seems like he could qualify for a redshirt for the 2017 season. He needs to get in shape and prepare for spring ball.

I hope with adding Emerson,Lawless,and Litaker that we can finally be nastier up front. I think all 3 could play 3-4 as well. Emerson looks like a 3 technique to me.

"Team Needs "

Huge Team Party, Bond Fire burning the Grey Unis!! :rock::rock:

Yeah I am still very skeptical of the qb position. Not sold on either of those guys yet. Wonder what CJP is thinking there

We don't have a QB. JG not the answer. Bad attitude, sulls up when not going his way, not a team player and definitely not a leader. The team followed McBride better than JG or Dormady.

I think we are in need of mental toughness more than any specific position. We have too many marshmallows that will have to toughen up or GTFO of town.

This right here ^^^^
We have needs no doubt, but the whole mentality of the program has gotta change

VN Store

Back