Te'a Cooper in final five for Naismith player

Yea ESPN shanked her on the recruiting rankings....at the time they hadn't updated their rankings but as soon as Tea commits to Tenn, she magically falls to #19! Before that she was #3 in the country. I've seen Tea play as well and I love eee Ariel for all she's worth but Tea actually plays defense and drives the ball aggressively to the basket, which is something I don't see a lot of our gaurda doing. I know some people are going to say "oooo Tenn fans always think their freshman are going to come in and make an impact"....well I can guarantee you this one will!!! I'll even put money on it, we got a good one.....most def an upgrade from Ariel
If she can shoot like Ariel, have few unforced turnovers, and can play defense with speed, Te'a is a major update.

I don't know if she shoots like Ariel but I think her defense will be better. She's tough and can handle the ball.

Reactions: 1 person
This is exciting news. The Naismith award is very prestigious for both high school and college players. Our very own diamond won it over Mercedes in '13 and prior lady vols who have won it have been Parker, holdsclaw, catchings, ely, marciniak, and Kara Lawson... Some pretty good company to be in

Tennessee recruit Jamesha Jackson scored 16 points, and the reigning national champions won their regional title with a 67-44 victory over Oakland (Murfreesboro, Tennessee). Jackson was named MVP of the regional, and she was joined by teammates Alex Johnson, Jazz Bond and Crystal Dangerfield as all-region selections. Blackman then beat Cumberland County (Crossville , Tennessee) 75-47 on Monday to advance to the state championships, which open Wednesday against Mt. Juliet. Dangerfield, though, will be a question mark after suffering an apparent ankle injury in the win over Cumberland County

Reactions: 3 people
Way to go Tea....MeMe Jackson and her team won the State Title as well...MeMe hit a 3 to tie it up towards the end.

Te'a Cooper wins her 3rd high school title.

Congratulations on number three.

On another note closer to home, Crystal Dangerfield is named Miss Tennessee Basketball. She would have made a great Vol. Holly missed out on a good one.

On another note closer to home, Crystal Dangerfield is named Miss Tennessee Basketball. She would have made a great Vol. Holly missed out on a good one.

Who cares...she isn't going to UT! This thread is about Te'a

Reactions: 8 people

Jackson wasn't even nominated, but two of her teammates were....

The one position I'm not worried about is point guard or actually any perimeter position. The worry is in the post and hopefully help is on the way.
Congrats to Te'a on her third state championship she scored 26 points in the final game.

Reactions: 5 people
Ratings are done by people who get paid to rate, which means they are VERY subjective. Look at player's talent, not the ranking in front of their name.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back