Taya Reimer to transfer from Notre Dame

ND is only getting reliable scoring from 2 players, Loyd and Turner.

And Tennessee isn't getting reliable scoring from anyone. Aside from that, your statement is inaccurate. I mentioned Allen, one of the best PG in the country, who averages double figures. They also have several role players who, unlike our role players, consistently knock down open shots.

ND just lost to Miami by 15. The same Miami team that has lost this year to Middle Tennessee and Tulane.

I don't know what happened with Miami, but after 30 straight road wins I'm more inclined to write it off as an aberration until it becomes a trend....

By your logic since Stanford beat UConn and we beat Stanford then we should be UConn.

No, it's not a linear equation. I mentioned two of Miami's losses to demonstrate that Miami lost to two not very highly ranked teams and yet beat ND, that's all.
That was a very bad loss by ND. You don't agree ?

Last edited:
And Tennessee isn't getting reliable scoring from anyone. Aside from that, your statement is inaccurate. I mentioned Allen, one of the best PG in the country, who averages double figures. They also have several role players who, unlike our role players, consistently knock down open shots.

I don't know what happened with Miami, but after 30 straight road wins I'm more inclined to write it off as an aberration until it becomes a trend....

1) ND could have used some scoring from Allen against Miami. She only made 2 fg's in 33 minutes of play.
If Reimer doesn't play, do you still think that ND should be heavy favorites ? Would that be 10+ points ?

2) It was a bad loss but I can go along with aberration for the time being.

If Tennessee plays defense the way they've been playing defense and just has an "ok" offensive outing, I'd definitely bet on a Tennessee win. My only concern is a mental block because we've lost several games in a row to ND and will our Seniors rise to the occasion?

It is all going to come down to how well we defend two things against Notre Dame: (1) the three, and (2) back door.

Reactions: 1 person
Also, if Reynolds or Carter penetrate somebody is going to have to get back for them.

I saw her play three times this year. Nothing special about her. Definitely not in the same class as Jewell Loyd or Brianna Turner.

I must be getting old, because I remember players finishing the academic year before announcing their plans to transfer. There seems to be a lot more of these mid-year exits. Is this a symptom of this me-generation wanting instant gratification? If they do not get the adulation they think they deserve they pack up their marbles and go home? Or is something else going on here?

It cannot be playing time. Both Reimer and Calhoun were starters. Sadie Edwards was a different situation. She figured out the pecking order and did not want to put in the effort to compete against those ahead of her. As a parent, I would expect my children to honor their commitment to the team and finish the year before making a change. You owe it to your teammates and you owe it to yourself. The same would apply for non-athletes who transfer schools. Can a young person really make an informed decision without giving the school a chance? Stick out the year, and if it still is not what you want, then look at other options.

I agree with everything you wrote. If you haven't noticed college female athletics, especially in women's basketball, are starting to think the same way as their male counterparts, if they are unhappy or think they are not playing as much as they think, they move on. I recall it happening a few times in the past but seem to be more so today. I am concerned about some of our freshmen having the same thought process. We seem to be much more careful in playing our freshmen as compared to other top programs including UCONN, Baylor, South Carolina or Notre Dame. I know Nared has not always looked her best but in an allstar game, when playing with South Carolina's Wilson, she looked like the better of the two. Middleton also looked very good in two allstar games. Right now we can question Holly's methods but they seem to be working, I just do not want to lose quality freshmen.:crossfingers:

I agree with everything you wrote. If you haven't noticed college female athletics, especially in women's basketball, are starting to think the same way as their male counterparts, if they are unhappy or think they are not playing as much as they think, they move on. I recall it happening a few times in the past but seem to be more so today. I am concerned about some of our freshmen having the same thought process. We seem to be much more careful in playing our freshmen as compared to other top programs including UCONN, Baylor, South Carolina or Notre Dame. I know Nared has not always looked her best but in an allstar game, when playing with South Carolina's Wilson, she looked like the better of the two. Middleton also looked very good in two allstar games. Right now we can question Holly's methods but they seem to be working, I just do not want to lose quality freshmen.:crossfingers:

You worry too much. All 3 seem very happy to me

The main reason players transfer in the middle of the season is so they don't have to sit an entire year before playing again. While it's not ideal, it is the players choice. In my opinion it's the smarter choice. I know many of you are wishing DD did the same thing, I know I am. Wish them luck and move on!

Upon further review this might be way too low. Tell me again how this team is going to run ND out of their own gym....?

MIGHT be way too low or IS way too low ?
And tell me again, who said they would "run ND out of the gym" ? Interesting that Massey had Tennessee as 8.5 point favorites and they won by 9. The same Massey that has ND as 5 point favorites if they would play Tennessee tomorrow.

ND looks like it has its issues..... aside from Reimer's waffling..... Turner is still adjusting to the college game..... Mabrey I haven't ever seen make a significant contribution..... Loyd cannot hold the burden 100% forever.... i think they are ripe for the taking

And tell me again, who said they would "run ND out of the gym" ?

Here you go:
I disagree as well. If they keep Loyd out of the paint and force her to settle for jumpers, and Tennessee keeps Turner off the boards, then Tennessee should run away with this.

Interesting that Massey had Tennessee as 8.5 point favorites and they won by 9. The same Massey that has ND as 5 point favorites if they would play Tennessee tomorrow.

I don't know why you consider Massey to be the gospel but they actually have ND as 8.5 favorites so I guess we know Tennessee will lose by 9. Pretty close to my line. :clapping:

VN Store

Back