Taya Reimer to transfer from Notre Dame

I tend to disagree...Lloyd is an All-American and Turner could challenge for Freshman of the year, however I like Harrison over Turner and Carter guarding Lloyd, and if Tenn continues their level of play then I think we beat ND, whether is by 1 or 30...I'll take the W! Would be a great win on the road for Holly.

I disagree as well. If they keep Loyd out of the paint and force her to settle for jumpers, and Tennessee keeps Turner off the boards, then Tennessee should run away with this...unless Mabrey chooses this game to break out of her shooting slump.

Reactions: 1 person
Here we go again..."0% chance we beat ND", "Loyd and Turner can beat TN by themselves"...I can remember about a month ago everyone was saying Rutgers was going to massacre us, then it was Stanford, then it was "won't be surprised if Oregon State beats us by 20", then how many said Texas A&M was going to crush us. Now it's Notre Dame. Last time I checked we beat all of these teams. Does this board consist of a bunch of haters or what? Tenn has the worst fans I have ever seen, it's disgusting. Ever think of supporting the team for once instead of bashing them? What's the point of being on this board if all you're going to talk about is how bad we are going to get beat and how bad a coach Holly is before every game?

Reactions: 5 people
She would be a role player, not a star.

A chubby Taya Reimer on the bench along with Nia Moore is better than just Nia Moore alone. Conditioning would hopefully follow, but they need her as insurance more than anything else right now.

Moore played very well against Texas A&M, but she also got called for 4 fouls in 11 minutes. I think her lack of size leads to her getting pushed around and then she compensates with her arms, and gets called for the foul. A complementary big body option on the bench would be helpful.

I'll feel better about our chances with nd on the road, if we go to Arkansas and win convincingly. I just hope there is no let down from the a&m game. I guess you could call the Arkansas game, somewhat of a "trap" game.

I would take Reimer in a heartbeat. Another rebounder is never a bad thing. I know her and Burdick are best friends, so who knows

Moore played very well against Texas A&M, but she also got called for 4 fouls in 11 minutes. I think her lack of size leads to her getting pushed around and then she compensates with her arms, and gets called for the foul. A complementary big body option on the bench would be helpful.

I may be wrong, but I feel more experience in game situations will help. She is doing much better, but sometimes seems to get lost or the speed of the game still gets her (has to think rather than react in certain situations). Both of these lead to her fouls, also maybe some 'trying too hard to prove'. It would be wonderful if she was bigger, but I think she will foul less as she plays moore. Maybe I'm a PosiVol:)

I would take Reimer in a heartbeat. Another rebounder is never a bad thing. I know her and Burdick are best friends, so who knows

Burdick is gone after this year so I doubt that would be a factor in getting her to come here.

Lloyd & Turner can beat Tn all by themselves....

Lloyd got 11 points and 2 turnovers against us last year: not a particular dominating performance.

I'll feel better about our chances with nd on the road, if we go to Arkansas and win convincingly. I just hope there is no let down from the a&m game. I guess you could call the Arkansas game, somewhat of a "trap" game.

If I was a coach I would really be emphasizing this point. The mark of the best teams are the ones that don't bring their "C" game too often. All the "good" teams have the ability to randomly play a "great" game but the great teams are the ones that don't lay an egg very often and almost play at least "good".

Here we go again..."0% chance we beat ND", "Loyd and Turner can beat TN by themselves"...I can remember about a month ago everyone was saying Rutgers was going to massacre us, then it was Stanford, then it was "won't be surprised if Oregon State beats us by 20", then how many said Texas A&M was going to crush us. Now it's Notre Dame. Last time I checked we beat all of these teams. Does this board consist of a bunch of haters or what? Tenn has the worst fans I have ever seen, it's disgusting. Ever think of supporting the team for once instead of bashing them? What's the point of being on this board if all you're going to talk about is how bad we are going to get beat and how bad a coach Holly is before every game?

Everyone that post on this board is not a fan of the Lady Vols. Many post here just to stir the pot and the hate for Holly and the Lady Vol program is so obvious. Many want Holly to drive this program right into the ground so bad, but this team and coaching staff is continuing to improve. Beware of fake fans!

Reactions: 5 people
Yep and at one point in time you said Gary Blair was a better coach than Holly....let's wait until they play the game to see who the best coach is in this particular year!!!

Yeah, Hugh Freeze is clearly a better football coach than Nick Saban.

Where's Holly's national championship as a head coach?

I think we have a good chance of beating ND. I saw ND against UConn, and they played a good first half and then cold in the second half and got beat by around 20, as I recall. Turner didn't play, as I recall. I don't think ND is as good this year as last couple of years--that's my vague sense. Good but not great. I think our defense will bother them--it bothers everybody--but ND is very good at ball movement and getting open shots. Unlike UT, ND tends to get a lot of assists and typically shoots pretty well. We will have to shoot the ball pretty well to win--at least 40 percent. I think that's the threshold. If we have another game in the 30s, we probably lose unless our defense is especially good.

UT had 24 assists last night. That had to have been close to a record, I would think, and I can't imagine that we've had that many assists in a game for MANY years. Usually, 8-10 assists is a good night for us--not good, just good for us as we've not been a good passing/assist team.

Just talked with Fighing Irish friend of mine who says that for now .... Taya is a member of the Notre Dame family

I think we have a good chance of beating ND. I saw ND against UConn, and they played a good first half and then cold in the second half and got beat by around 20, as I recall. Turner didn't play, as I recall. I don't think ND is as good this year as last couple of years--that's my vague sense. Good but not great. I think our defense will bother them--it bothers everybody--but ND is very good at ball movement and getting open shots. Unlike UT, ND tends to get a lot of assists and typically shoots pretty well. We will have to shoot the ball pretty well to win--at least 40 percent. I think that's the threshold. If we have another game in the 30s, we probably lose unless our defense is especially good.

UT had 24 assists last night. That had to have been close to a record, I would think, and I can't imagine that we've had that many assists in a game for MANY years. Usually, 8-10 assists is a good night for us--not good, just good for us as we've not been a good passing/assist team.

This past game was the best the Lady Vols shot all season - 52%. That's marginally better than what ND shoots for the season (49%). It's not even debatable, the Irish flat out have a much better offensive scheme and shoot the ball much better overall than the Lady Vols.... especially at home. Allen is better than any of our point guards. Turner is better than any of our post players. Lloyd is light years better than any of our wings (or anyone else on the UT roster). They've kicked the Lady Vols' butts four times in a row -- including the last two in Knoxville -- and this time will have one of the most hostile environments behind them.

Again not saying Tennessee can't win, especially if they played how they did against A&M. But Notre Dame should absolutely be considered the heavy favorite at home....

This past game was the best the Lady Vols shot all season - 52%. That's marginally better than what ND shoots for the season (49%). It's not even debatable, the Irish flat out have a much better offensive scheme and shoot the ball much better overall than the Lady Vols.... especially at home. Allen is better than any of our point guards. Turner is better than any of our post players. Lloyd is light years better than any of our wings (or anyone else on the UT roster). They've kicked the Lady Vols' butts four times in a row -- including the last two in Knoxville -- and this time will have one of the most hostile environments behind them.

Again not saying Tennessee can't win, especially if they played how they did against A&M. But Notre Dame should absolutely be considered the heavy favorite at home....

"Notre Dame should absolutely be considered the heavy favorite at home...." ?
Have to disagree with you here Darth. Massey has ND projected as 5 point favorites and that's not taking the Reimer situation into account. If Reimer doesn't play we should win the game, period.
ND is only getting reliable scoring from 2 players, Loyd and Turner. Without Reimer we should be able to control the boards. ND just lost to Miami by 15. The same Miami team that has lost this year to Middle Tennessee and Tulane.

"Notre Dame should absolutely be considered the heavy favorite at home...." ?
Have to disagree with you here Darth. Massey has ND projected as 5 point favorites and that's not taking the Reimer situation into account. If Reimer doesn't play we should win the game, period.
ND is only getting reliable scoring from 2 players, Loyd and Turner. Without Reimer we should be able to control the boards. ND just lost to Miami by 15. The same Miami team that has lost this year to Middle Tennessee and Tulane.

By your logic since Stanford beat UConn and we beat Stanford then we should beat UConn.

Last edited:
Nothing definite however I was told last nite that Reimer is considering Texas Tenn Purdue and Penn St. When I hear something more definite I will post it. No UConn. UConn has Butler 6'5 (Gtown Transfer) eligible next season, along with Tuck and Stewart. Samuelson Collier and Boykin coming in as Freshman. I don't think she would see a lot of playtime at UConn.

VN Store

Back