T-Wolves Official thread

A guy I played with in highschool is now a Timberwolf. That is the only nice thing I can say about them.

Al Jefferson or not, they appeared to be a poor excuse for an professional sports team.

Who would that player be?

The following scenario is based on the mounting and overwhelming, if anecdotal, evidence of one increasingly incontrovertible fact:

The Clippers want Mayo...BAD.

What kind of evidence? A lot of little dots that, when connected, draw a compelling and crystal clear picture:

1. Riley hypes Mayo for weeks for no logical reason.
2. The Clips need a shooting guard in the worst way.
3. Mayo would be a P.R. dream for them in L.A.
4. This week, the Clips worked out Mayo secretly at a secluded private facility.
5. Riley wants two things...BAD: Elton Brand, and to win NOW. With Brand to go with Wade and Marion, the Heat could conceivably pull a Celtics from-worst-to-first in one year.
6. Riley DOESN'T want one thing: Michael Beasley

SO: if you see these little dots like I do, you might connect them like I do and deduce that one of two things will happen:

1. Miami will draft Mayo and trade him to the Clippers. The Wolves then will draft Beasley.

The Clips know that Brand can, and likely will, opt out of his contract after this season. If they don't trade him, they'll lose him for nothing a la KG. Brand would like to play in Miami. The trade would be complicated; L.A. might have to eat Blount, Banks, and others to make the numbers work. But Pat Riley usually gets what he wants.

2. Miami and L.A. are unable to work out a trade involving Brand, so it drafts Beasley and does another trade with some other team. Minnesota drafts Mayo and trades him and Antoine Walker to the Clippers for #7 and Chris Kaman. With #7, Minnesota drafts Danilo Gallinari.

I found this on another board and i couldn't agree more with him.

here's a better version.

WolvesAltLogo.jpg

that's what i think. If they change the trees to green then it would look much better

Our draft sucked! We trade away Mayo for Love and we trade away Chalmers. Then we got this center who won't be here for another 3 years and by then he probably won't want to play for us so he'll stay overseas.

After sleeping on it, i'm not as pissed off. I think Love can be a double double guy. He dominated in the toughest league in the country last year so i have no doubts that we will a good player for us. I still wish we had Mayo though.

After sleeping on it, i'm not as pissed off. I think Love can be a double double guy. He dominated in the toughest league in the country last year so i have no doubts that we will a good player for us. I still wish we had Mayo though.
Love is a hard nosed player and I think he will do a good job. I'm not totally sold on Mayo at the NBA level. Guess we'll all have to see what happens in the next couple of years.

I think that the T-Wolves are the most poorly ran franchise in all the sports.

Glen Taylor OUR OWNER publicly talked up Mayo about how we took him because he had the greatest upside of anyone left in the draft and how they love everything about him.

Fred Hoiberg said many of the same things and that we would be keeping Mayo.

...meanwhile McFail was down in his dungeon/lair/86 Celtics memorabilia room concocting ways to ship off the very same player they were just talking about.

It's not like this is an isolated incident, drafting KG is the only thing they've done right in the history of the team. The numbers don't lie, drafting KG was pure luck.

I think that the T-Wolves are the most poorly ran franchise in all the sports.

Glen Taylor OUR OWNER publicly talked up Mayo about how we took him because he had the greatest upside of anyone left in the draft and how they love everything about him.

Fred Hoiberg said many of the same things and that we would be keeping Mayo.

...meanwhile McFail was down in his dungeon/lair/86 Celtics memorabilia room concocting ways to ship off the very same player they were just talking about.

It's not like this is an isolated incident, drafting KG is the only thing they've done right in the history of the team. The numbers don't lie, drafting KG was pure luck.
Didn't McHale have any say in this bs? Never mind, I missed the McFail reference. :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back