Syracuse vs. Cal (merged)

You got your wish and seems he is doing good things at Cal so far. Hope this Donny Tyndall experiment works out. Pathetic our fanbase runs a coach out of town.

You don't follow basketball much do you? If you did, then you would know that Cuonzo wasn't happy here and his recruiting was terrible. He covered up the Yemi sexual assault, but that's ok, I guess

I hope everyone that started that petition and ran Cuonzo out of town is happy with themselves. Cal is off to a great start after beating Syracuse and going onto the 2K finals to play Texas. If anyone knows anything about basketball they know Syracuse does not lose often and that is an impressive win. I was not happy with our fanbase when I found out about the petition and now it is coming back to bite us in the butt. If they make a sweet 16 run and we are left out what will everyone be saying then? We should have kept the guy that got us back there because even though he may not have recruited as well as many wanted he did have us in contention for the tournament every year which is a heck of a lot more than Peterson did before Pearl. I'm not saying that Tynall can't get it done because I think he can. He is a proven winner and has a track record of raising programs from the ground up. So I want everyone to know I'm not bashing him but we should have been happy with finally pushing through and getting back to the tournament instead of trying to force a coach out for someone we knew we weren't going to get back. With all this being said I'm sorry for my rant but I feel something needs to be said to those "fans". So thank you "fans" for setting us back another 3 yrs. Lastly I hope we can have a magical season and make a run to the tournament. Go Vols! :rock:

Go to a Cal board, and you can slobber all you want over that d-bag.

Reactions: 1 person
The only reason Martin won was because he had 3 ALL-SEC players in his starting lineup. It had nothing to do with his coaching! When they started and won a bunch of games at the end of the season, it was because of them, nothing more. Sorry! Best wishes to Martin but his coaching was mediocre!

Just wait till his recruits start kicking in. By the he'll probably parlay that into another job.

You don't follow basketball much do you? If you did, then you would know that Cuonzo wasn't happy here and his recruiting was terrible. He covered up the Yemi sexual assault, but that's ok, I guess

Ok got a little carried away with the last sentence. He didn't cover up sexual assault anymore than Butch Jones did with Marlin Lane.

Martin didn't belong at Tennessee, if you look @ things correctly. CCM never had a significant victory, either in recruiting, or on the court. His time here was among the worst ever in VOL basketball. This new guy however, is a much better fit. He bears much more of a resemblance to the guy everyone was so desperate to have re-hired by UT. Even has the NCAA trouble to match. Glad we have him here, leading our team. GoVols.

I hope everyone that started that petition and ran Cuonzo out of town is happy with themselves. Cal is off to a great start after beating Syracuse and going onto the 2K finals to play Texas. If anyone knows anything about basketball they know Syracuse does not lose often and that is an impressive win. I was not happy with our fanbase when I found out about the petition and now it is coming back to bite us in the butt. If they make a sweet 16 run and we are left out what will everyone be saying then? We should have kept the guy that got us back there because even though he may not have recruited as well as many wanted he did have us in contention for the tournament every year which is a heck of a lot more than Peterson did before Pearl. I'm not saying that Tynall can't get it done because I think he can. He is a proven winner and has a track record of raising programs from the ground up. So I want everyone to know I'm not bashing him but we should have been happy with finally pushing through and getting back to the tournament instead of trying to force a coach out for someone we knew we weren't going to get back. With all this being said I'm sorry for my rant but I feel something needs to be said to those "fans". So thank you "fans" for setting us back another 3 yrs. Lastly I hope we can have a magical season and make a run to the tournament. Go Vols! :rock:

If anything, you should be frustrated that Martin was able to do there what he had trouble doing here - getting his team to play with some passion in their first games of the season. That was one of my biggest "beefs" with the previous coaching staff (Xavier game, preseason tournaments, among others)....

SORRY FOR THE LANGUAGE: BUT DAMN!!!!!!!!!! It is time to get over this coach stuff! It is DONE and no need to keep rehashing this CRAP on EVERY DISCUSSION! Get a life and move on from that crap! It is time to accept DT and show some fan support! GEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO VOLS!!!!!!!

If you watched the Cuse game last night maybe you missed the comment Martin made to one of the media crew.
Said he didn't leave TN because of the fans and the petition.
Martin said he left because of lack of support from Hart and the admin.

If you watched the Cuse game last night maybe you missed the comment Martin made to one of the media crew.
Said he didn't leave TN because of the fans and the petition.
Martin said he left because of lack of support from Hart and the admin.

It's hard to succeed when the boosters forbid you from using resources. Good luck to him at Cal.

Reactions: 2 people
Some are so stuck on 5* players but did Florida have any 5* players last year when they beating all these teams with 5* players? Really? Help me out here? DID THEY?

There some big time extremes on both sides....Zo was a average to maybe even slightly above avg coach that struggled badly in recruiting.....if he fixes those issues he may be successful at Cal.....CDT inherited a mess and has made it tougher on himself. I hope CDT is successful here but if not I hope we find the coach that makes our program as strong as I feel it can be.

I'm never going to understand the hate some on here have for Cuonzo.

Hope he does well at Cal.

I don't get it either. Almost makes me think its driven by some other factors. ..

He recruited 2 five star players and took us to the sweet 16 in his final year and some people just really do not like him for whatever reason.

I quoted you but this is a reply to the other person too. I never said he was available. But mid season when a petition was made, they never even thought about rehiring him. Everyone said there's no way we could bring him back.

A) You have no idea what was going on behind the scenes, so stop pretending you do.

B) If you think publicly commenting about bringing back a former coach midseason or even hinting the current coach is in trouble, then that's a good reason you're not an AD.

Did you see the talent left behind by Zo...there were several reports that many coaches wouldn't consider tennessee bc of the talent level Zo left behind.

He left behind a point guard with D1 experience. I guess it's Zo's fault that Tyndall wanted to bring in how own crew.

Reactions: 2 people
He left behind a point guard with D1 experience. I guess it's Zo's fault that Tyndall wanted to bring in how own crew.

That PG was asked to stay and decided to leave.....He did have experience but had yet to prove that he was a viable starting PG in the SEC......that being said Zo also left us without a single post player that CDT had to scramble to fill.

VN Store

Back