Syracuse vs. Cal (merged)

"got lucky," huh?

Like Cal just randomly picked a coach to hire

Meaning he got to follow a coach that had a solid program and chose to retire. He didn't follow a coach that ran it into the ground and was fired.....contrast that with tenon and Zo left very little talent on campus.

Anytime Jimmy Beyhey looks flummoxed is a good day, congrats to Zo and Cal and Co.

GBO!

Who was that or was u talking about the Georgetown transfer bc he sucks

I guess we'll see next year. Kid was a 4* top 50 recruit who graduated a year early from high school and went to Georgetown as a 17 year old. He got lost in the mix, but it might be a little premature to say that he sucks, seeing as how you've never seen him play.

Also, the rest of the post still stands.

Frayer is on board as a 4*, top 100 player for 2016

Cal is in the lead for Ivan Rabb a 5* PF from Oakland, and is neck and neck with Kansas for Tyler Dorsey, a 5* shooting guard from LA. It's easier to recruit in California.

You got your wish and seems he is doing good things at Cal so far. Hope this Donny Tyndall experiment works out. Pathetic our fanbase runs a coach out of town.

Reactions: 3 people
I hope everyone that started that petition and ran Cuonzo out of town is happy with themselves. Cal is off to a great start after beating Syracuse and going onto the 2K finals to play Texas. If anyone knows anything about basketball they know Syracuse does not lose often and that is an impressive win. I was not happy with our fanbase when I found out about the petition and now it is coming back to bite us in the butt. If they make a sweet 16 run and we are left out what will everyone be saying then? We should have kept the guy that got us back there because even though he may not have recruited as well as many wanted he did have us in contention for the tournament every year which is a heck of a lot more than Peterson did before Pearl. I'm not saying that Tynall can't get it done because I think he can. He is a proven winner and has a track record of raising programs from the ground up. So I want everyone to know I'm not bashing him but we should have been happy with finally pushing through and getting back to the tournament instead of trying to force a coach out for someone we knew we weren't going to get back. With all this being said I'm sorry for my rant but I feel something needs to be said to those "fans". So thank you "fans" for setting us back another 3 yrs. Lastly I hope we can have a magical season and make a run to the tournament. Go Vols! :rock:

Reactions: 4 people
It's a fluke Cuonzo suxxxx and always did. Glad McRae and Stokes could carry him to the tournament for once and make a decent run. 1 out of 3 is still terrible though.

Also, with this Tyndall trouble...makes 0 sense that we wouldn't bring back Bruce. I know no one knew Tyndall would be in trouble, but it's still the principle.

Reactions: 1 person
I literally just made a thread on this. Needless to say I'm not very happy with how well Cal is doing and how much we are struggling. :banghead2:

Cuonzo beat Florida here a handful of times too. Get over it. He's gone, he's not that good, and everyone with some sense shouldn't be but so upset that a mediocre coach with one decent season is gone. Just watch when Cal doesn't make the tourney or loses first round.

I think the Tyndall hire was another Dooley type of move as nobody wanted the job, and who could blame them?

Are you serious? How hard is it to see that there is no comparison between Tyndall and Dooley? Dooley was a guy with a losing record at a mid-major school. Tyndall took Morehead St to 2 NCAA tournaments, knocked out 4-seeded Louisville in the first round, then went to Southern Miss where he won 56 games in two years. Absolutely no comparison. Give the guy time here, and he'll win.

it's a fluke cuonzo suxxxx and always did. Glad mcrae and stokes could carry him to the tournament for once and make a decent run. 1 out of 3 is still terrible though.

Also, with this tyndall trouble...makes 0 sense that we wouldn't bring back bruce. I know no one knew tyndall would be in trouble, but it's still the principle.

bruce was already hired at auburn before cuonzo was even thinking about leaving. Good lord.

Reactions: 2 people
It's a fluke Cuonzo suxxxx and always did. Glad McRae and Stokes could carry him to the tournament for once and make a decent run. 1 out of 3 is still terrible though.

Also, with this Tyndall trouble...makes 0 sense that we wouldn't bring back Bruce. I know no one knew Tyndall would be in trouble, but it's still the principle.

Dude you make the most uninformed post sometimes. Bruce went to auburn way before we even knew cuonzo was gone. I mean before the tourney Bruce was going to be a tiger

Are you serious? How hard is it to see that there is no comparison between Tyndall and Dooley? Dooley was a guy with a losing record at a mid-major school. Tyndall took Morehead St to 2 NCAA tournaments, knocked out 4-seeded Louisville in the first round, then went to Southern Miss where he won 56 games in two years. Absolutely no comparison. Give the guy time here, and he'll win.
He also is a repeat offender with the NCAA.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back