Survivalists

Never understood the need for everything to fit on a necklace, do top plan on being naked?

Never understood the need for everything to fit on a necklace, do top plan on being naked?
Nope. But it saves pack room. I have my frame pack and my day pack (sometimes a framed hip pack) so space is in demand and Is always on my mind.

Nope. But it saves pack room. I have my frame pack and my day pack (sometimes a framed hip pack) so space is in demand and Is always on my mind.

Other than my dog tags i really don't like anything around my neck when moving around. A small kit in my pocket or on my belt has always worked best for me.

Other than my dog tags i really don't like anything around my neck when moving around. A small kit in my pocket or on my belt has always worked best for me.

I understand. And to be honest....these are more for gifts to buddies. I carry most everything I my pack. I needed an additional way to store cordage and the saw and this worked well.

I understand. And to be honest....these are more for gifts to buddies. I carry most everything I my pack. I needed an additional way to store cordage and the saw and this worked well.

Yeah the survival bracelets are pretty popular but never saw the use. Once you actually use the cord you have to put the rest in your pack, no more bracelet. We would always cut 550 cord into 18 inch lengths and tie them together in one long line. Much easier to handle, especially in bad weather or on the dark. Also carry a pair of scissors rather than a big Rambo knife, lots more useful.

I'd rather have a hatchet than a knife or scissors if I was limited to one edged item. Of course my days of going solo into the deep woods are probably over so it's a moot point.

In all honesty, the zombie apocalypse is the entire reason I learned how to distill alcohol.

I've not searched, but I'm surprised there's not a zombie Apocalypse thread.

I think I remember a thread (Preppers may have been in the title) about this.

Who wears them on their neck anymore?

Besides water, food and shelter, what is the next most essential item you would take on a long distance hunt/hike?

And of utmost importance, communication devices and skill to improvise when needed.

VN Store

Back