Surprised that Bowling Green won't sellout

They are on the visiting side of the stadium which is the east side. And I thought I read somewhere that they were visiting team. Could be wrong though

This^^^^. I don't know if we're wearing the orange jerseys or white, but the tickets I bought on the Titans side of the field are on BG's side.............I found out after I bought them.

It's too stinking hot to sit up there in the nose bleed roasting when I can watch it at home in a cool 67 degrees. And when it's over I can simply take a nap as opposed to fighting traffic in Nashville where the interstate highway system was designed by a drunken, cross-eyed, engineering 101 student.
Besides that, if I'm gonna pay to watch UT play live, it's going to be at Neyland.

Wow another orange blooded fan,thanks for saving someone who cares a seat.

Huh?

UAB originally agreed to move it to Nashville, it had nothing to do with their temporary shut down.

That's strange because it was listed on the UT schedule as being a home game for the longest time. I guess that could have been a UT mistake from the get go, or maybe a website problem.

Reactions: 1 person
That's strange because it was listed on the UT schedule as being a home game for the longest time. I guess that could have been a UT mistake from the get go, or maybe a website problem.

Sound engineer must have been promoted to website administrator.

You are right that it was a UT home game for the longest time, but I meant that it was moved to Nashville before UAB had their whole shut down mess.

This might explain things:

Vols To Kick Off 2015 Season At LP Field - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

UAB shuts down, then BGSU is brought in as the replacement.

Is this considered a home game? I thought I read where it was a BG "home" game played at Nissan. True, or am I living in 2002' "away" vs Wyoming?

UT will be the home team. It is a single neutral-site game and that was the agreement.

In 2002, The Nashville Sports Council purchased a Wyoming home game that was a part of a "2-for-1" contract between Tennessee and Wyoming. At the time, schools had to maintain an average attendance to stay in D1. So getting 70,000 for a "home" game in Nashville basically put Wyoming there for the year.

It's too stinking hot to sit up there in the nose bleed roasting when I can watch it at home in a cool 67 degrees. And when it's over I can simply take a nap as opposed to fighting traffic in Nashville where the interstate highway system was designed by a drunken, cross-eyed, engineering 101 student.
Besides that, if I'm gonna pay to watch UT play live, it's going to be at Neyland.

It's the atmosphere. I spent a season living in central FL. It killed me every Sat morning watching Game Day then College Football Final that night. Seeing the fans, the bands, the tailgates, just the energy of being on campus. Heck I'll put up with the temp and the driving to walk around ppl as fired up as me, random tailgates offering food and beer, having random people toss you footballs in the street, cute girls in orange dresses. Then walking to the bars after the game to celebrate and watch more football.

Reactions: 1 person
You could probably buy them really cheap from a scalper right before the game.

that's kind of our plan. We are taking the little one up for the Vol walk and pregame stuff then finding a place to watch it unless I get cheap tickets. 300 to see BG just isn't in the cards for us. Only living an hour from Nashville mean we can be home for the 4th if need be.

There is still time. So no worries. I can't wait until next season's Battle at Bristol. Now, if THAT doesn't sell out, then something is wrong.

There is still time. So no worries. I can't wait until next season's Battle at Bristol. Now, if THAT doesn't sell out, then something is wrong.

At approx. 150,000, it will be like selling out Neyland and Lane combined. But I agree, it should happen!

If I could get someone from to 30ish I would but I'm in chat town I aint driving up there and waiting last minute.

Watch Ticketmaster. If about a week before the game you see a lot of open tix, come up and get it from a scalper. Cheap.

VN Store

Back