Surprised that Bowling Green won't sellout

I agree that it's a great idea to play in Nashville from time to time. I don't see how it helps recruiting, though. If a player is being recruited by UT, playing in Nashville isn't going to sway them. Playing in Neyland is more impressive.

This has more to do with Middle and West TN alumni & fans. Nothing wrong with that.

You are more likely to get someones attention if you are playing near their home, get him to the game, turn them into fans, then the recruiting begins. We've honestly scheduled certain opponents over the years based off of this.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree that it's a great idea to play in Nashville from time to time. I don't see how it helps recruiting, though. If a player is being recruited by UT, playing in Nashville isn't going to sway them. Playing in Neyland is more impressive.

This has more to do with Middle and West TN alumni & fans. Nothing wrong with that.

the only reason the game is in Nashville is that Nashville paid UAB to bring the game to Nashville. It was supposed to be in Birmingham.

Once UAB went under, Nashville told UT they would find an opponent to take UAB's place. Its a Nashville deal with the opponent, not with UT, that the game is even here.

Here are the open seats as of today per Ticketmaster. Open seats are in blue.

Lower bowl and club seats are gone. Seats near the 50 in the upper decks are close to being gone (a few rows near the top). The corners are open.

Thanx, Greve.
Do you know how many have been sold?

Wish I had plans to be there. I have to come home this year to see a game. Last game I was able to attend I was rammer jammed the entire bus ride to the garage. 44-13. It was ugly last two quarters.

If the prices go down I'll be there. Probably try and scalp. Imo I think it sells out. Everyone I ask seems to be going or plans to.

the only reason the game is in Nashville is that Nashville paid UAB to bring the game to Nashville. It was supposed to be in Birmingham.

Once UAB went under, Nashville told UT they would find an opponent to take UAB's place. Its a Nashville deal with the opponent, not with UT, that the game is even here.

Interesting. Thanks for your reply. So Nash was going to get a game one way or the other?

You always bring solid info. Thanks

I might see if my brother in law can get us tickets. I would even give up opening day of dove season to go.

What?! This was originally scheduled as a home game with UAB traveling to UT. Nashville wasn't even mentioned until after the UAB debacle.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it is smart doing these neutral sites. They should keep rotating between Charlotte, Atlanta and Nashville.

Yeah, but playing in a football game in front of the largest crowd ever, college or pro. The atmosphere will be unreal!

No it won't. That is a terrible venue to even watch a race. It is going to be a joke. Parking is horrible, concessions and restrooms are a joke, and forget seeing any of the game because the closest seats to the field are going to be like sitting in the top row of the upper deck at Neyland.

What?! This was originally scheduled as a home game with UAB traveling to UT. Nashville wasn't even mentioned until after the UAB debacle.

Wrong, it was always a UAB home game to be played in Nashville. Technically we are the visiting team, using the visitor's dressing room and the visitor's bench. If BG want to push the issue we will also be wearing white.

Reactions: 2 people
No it won't. That is a terrible venue to even watch a race. It is going to be a joke. Parking is horrible, concessions and restrooms are a joke, and forget seeing any of the game because the closest seats to the field are going to be like sitting in the top row of the upper deck at Neyland.

I'll agree on the parking, but the concessions and restrooms are fine. I've walked all around the Speedway, and there isn't a bad view. The seats are stacked steeply. I know it will be different with a football game, but my point was the crowd will be electric. And being a part of the biggest CFB game will be exciting for the players and fans.

Wrong, it was always a UAB home game to be played in Nashville. Technically we are the visiting team, using the visitor's dressing room and the visitor's bench. If BG want to push the issue we will also be wearing white.

Wrong. Tennessee is the Home Team. Not that BG would push any issue of wearing white - it's not like they made a ton of money to play us or anything.

Wrong. Tennessee is the Home Team. Not that BG would push any issue of wearing white - it's not like they made a ton of money to play us or anything.[/QUOTE]

Tennessee is the away team

"BIRMINGHAM, Ala. ---- UAB and Southeastern Conference foe Tennessee will play their scheduled 2015 football game in Nashville, Tenn. at LP Field, officials from both schools announced on Thursday.

The game, which was originally scheduled to be played at Tennessee’s Neyland Stadium in Knoxville, Tenn., will now take place at the Tennessee Titans’ home stadium on Sept. 5, 2015."

UAB Vs. Tennessee 2015 Football Game Moved To Nashville - UAB Athletics Official Athletic Site

Where do you get that? The article when they were announced says TN will host BG. Then in their contract, TN is listed as the Home Team and BG as the Away Team.

They are on the visiting side of the stadium which is the east side. And I thought I read somewhere that they were visiting team. Could be wrong though

They are on the visiting side of the stadium which is the east side. And I thought I read somewhere that they were visiting team. Could be wrong though

Don't know about the east/west vs home/away, but everything points to us being the home team.

Here's their schedule:

2015 Bowling Green Falcons Football Schedule

It would be unfortunate for them to have to call it a home game when they'll have about 2% of the fans.

VN Store

Back