Superman (July 11, 2025)

Superman is so hard to make work because he is a god among men, and that's not interesting. So they gave him a weakness, but his weakness is that his powers can be completely zapped, which is also not interesting. I don't want to see a superhero movie where the hero doesn't have powers. Powers are what make the characters cool.

It's going to be all CGI instead of practical effects, and that's not interesting.

I think you can make a cool Superman movie, it's just really hard. Doomsday should have been a 2-part movie where Superman meets his match, and they already ruined it by making it a part of another movie.

Superman is so hard to make work because he is a god among men, and that's not interesting. So they gave him a weakness, but his weakness is that his powers can be completely zapped, which is also not interesting. I don't want to see a superhero movie where the hero doesn't have powers. Powers are what make the characters cool.

It's going to be all CGI instead of practical effects, and that's not interesting.

I think you can make a cool Superman movie, it's just really hard. Doomsday should have been a 2-part movie where Superman meets his match, and they already ruined it by making it a part of another movie.

The Death of Superman should have been a build up over a few movies and/or appearances. Make us care about his death and the impact it has. Then do Reign of the Supermen. Could have been epic. The way they did it just wasn’t earned.

👀
Not familiar with him but the guy has the look..

He's 29yo that's eleven years younger than Henry Cavill.

Why are all these characters in a Superman movie?
I think it means that this isn't a Origin story but that Superman is already established and that is one way for this new DC Universe to get started in that it's already an established world where all these characters already exist.

I think it means that this isn't a Origin story but that Superman is already established and that is one way for this new DC Universe to get started in that it's already an established world where all these characters already exist.

Yeah I get that it’s not an origin, which is smart because who doesn’t already know Superman’s origin.

I guess I have cameo fatigue. I just want the movie to focus on Superman.

I have DCU fatigue, lol. i dont think it can be fixed

It’s going to be a struggle to get a strong box office. The brand is at its lowest point just as overall box office is taking a hard dip.

Flash IS a fun movie but it was known it wouldn’t matter going forward. Combine that with Ezra Miller’s criminal antics. It was a recipe for failure.

Blue Beetle might have moderate success but Aquaman is going to bomb.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
It’s going to be a struggle to get a strong box office. The brand is at its lowest point just as overall box office is taking a hard dip.

Flash IS a fun movie but it was known it wouldn’t matter going forward. Combine that with Ezra Miller’s criminal antics. It was a recipe for failure.

Wonder if the box office numbers are just regulating, after banner yields post covid ?

Also this:

James Gunn Confirms The Suicide Squad Isn't DCU Canon

Gunn is saying the Superman Legacy is the start of the new DCU; so basically he's already saying Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 are pretty much leftovers. Which I mean we all probably knew but to come out and just say it is like.....admitting they are kinda worthless.

Last edited:
Wonder if the box office numbers are just regulating, after banner yields post covid ?

Aside from a few big surprises there hasn’t really been a great box office year post Covid.

Spider-Man NWH, Top Gun, Avatar, Mario are the only movies to break the Billion mark.

Dr. Strange came close but didn’t have a China release so just fell short.

VN Store

Back