Superman (July 11, 2025)

CagleMtnVol

SUPERMAN

Release Date:
July 11, 2025

Production Company: DC Studios
Distributed by: Warner Bros. Pictures

Directed by: James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1-3)

Written by: James Gunn

Music: John Murphy

Starring:
David Corenswet as Clark Kent/Superman
Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane
Nicholas Hoult as Lex Luthor
Skyler Gisondo as Jimmy Olsen
Wendell Pierce
Isabela Merced
Nathan Fillion
Edi Gathega
Anthony Carrigton
Maria Gabriela de Faria
Sara Sampia
Terence Rosemore
Milly Alcock

Last edited:
They keep showing images of All Star Superman which is probably my all time favorite Superman stories. Truly encapsulates everything great about the character.

I just don’t see how they pull it off as “first” movie. It’s really about a seasoned Superman and has finite ending.

I fear Mr. Gunn is biting off more than he can chew. Another Superman reboot, origin story, etc. No one wants that.

I fear Mr. Gunn is biting off more than he can chew. Another Superman reboot, origin story, etc. No one wants that.

I don’t think it’s going to be an origin but just a young Superman.

I guarantee it starts with the a quick one minute montage of the origin like this…

488C0434-6D5B-49B2-BE9E-5246C8DE1503.jpeg

Reactions: CagleMtnVol

The man made a talking rabbit 😉 and a tree that says the same word over and over one of the hottest film franchises ever. I think he can handle the original and still the greatest Superhero of all time.

The man made a talking rabbit 😉 and a tree that says the same word over and over one of the hottest film franchises ever. I think he can handle the original and still the greatest Superhero of all time.

Yawn. Gunn thrives in weirdness. Superman is the opposite of that.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
It's not out for 2 years so I may change my mind by then but this just doesn't really interest me.

He doing Batman? Cause Batman whooped Superman's butt!👀🤣

Seriously, my biggest concern is topping Cavill as superman.

Reactions: scooty_vol
Is he going to Mexican? Seriously though, Cahill was the best but they didn't his toxic masculinity

Good grief. That was not the issue with Cavill at all. 🙄

They are going younger and just wanting to cut ties with the Synder-verse in general.

Good grief. That was not the issue with Cavill at all. 🙄

They are going younger and just wanting to cut ties with the Synder-verse in general.
I think part of it too is that Cavill has a reputation for being difficult to work with. That probably made it easier to move on from him.

I think part of it too is that Cavill has a reputation for being difficult to work with. That probably made it easier to move on from him.
I think this pretty much just stems from him being angry that Netflix's showrunners are butchering The Witcher, which he was a fan of before he even signed on. I don't blame him, it's gotten bad- and their replacement for him is a joke.

I think this pretty much just stems from him being angry that Netflix's showrunners are butchering The Witcher, which he was a fan of before he even signed on. I don't blame him, it's gotten bad- and their replacement for him is a joke.
I think he was having issues on the set of the Superman movies. It’s sort of like that actor Brandon Ruth, who was going to be huge after his Superman movie, but then his reputation kept him from getting major roles. I think the attitudes of Ezra, Affleck and Cavill are the biggest reason why they’re just going to do a hard reboot. They simply weren’t worth the hassle anymore.

I think he was having issues on the set of the Superman movies. It’s sort of like that actor Brandon Ruth, who was going to be huge after his Superman movie, but then his reputation kept him from getting major roles. I think the attitudes of Ezra, Affleck and Cavill are the biggest reason why they’re just going to do a hard reboot. They simply weren’t worth the hassle anymore.
I'd be really hesitant to lump in Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck with the Ezra guy. But I guess in a world of "universes" if one goes, they all have to.

Well, he's been cut from a different shows and there is a belief Hollywood isn't a fan of his traditional beliefs.

I don’t know what rabbit hole you are going down. What “traditional beliefs”? He’s a left leaning Brit.

Here’s the crazy thing about Hollywood. They like to make money. Lots and lots of it.

Fans were incredibly excited to hear he was coming back for 2 weeks before Gunn said no. The decision had nothing to do with Cavil’s personal beliefs and more to to with Gunn wanting to make his Superman movie with a clean slate.

VN Store

Back