Supergirl (CW)

Some Cast news announced ahead of Monday night's Season 3 Finale.

Jesse Rath has been promoted to series regular for the upcoming 4th Season.

Rath portrays Brainiac 5 Half computer, half organic life and a level 12 intellect, Brainy is also a member of the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Very cold studio?

Is this like a giant refrigerated room? Do they film outside in Canada?
Well if you have ever seen an episode of the original Charmed it should be fairly straight forward explained but since you need it spelled out a quick google search and found a few visual aides from the show to help you out! :ermm:

There were scenes like this in practically every episode!

Attachments

• bZ0D9OM.gif
    bZ0D9OM.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 46
  • AM.gif
    AM.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 47
  • 28ib2ap.jpg
    28ib2ap.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 42
More Cast News:

Chris Wood will not be returning for the Upcoming Fourth Season.

Wood has portrayed Mon-EL in the last two seasons.

Another original cast member has been downgraded to a recurring role Jeremy Jordan who has played Winn Schott Jr. from the original "Pilot" episode through the first three seasons will be moving on from the show full time.

In the Season 3 Finale his character is asked to go to the 31st Century by the Legion of Super-Heroes to help in Battle against Brainiac.

Its also been rumored that the overall story-line for Supergirl Season 4 will be a mashup based on two comic story-lines.

Superman: Red Son and Supergirl: The Last Daughter of Krypton.

Red Son was a three-issue Elseworlds story from Mark Millar, which had Superman's pod land in Soviet Russia thanks to a slight change in the Earth's rotation. The Kryptonian then grew up as Russia's greatest weapon, facing off against the Justice League and Lex Luthor. Last Daughter of Krypton was a 2011 storyline that saw a memory-wiped Kara land in Siberia.

Last edited:
Well if you have ever seen an episode of the original Charmed it should be fairly straight forward explained but since you need it spelled out a quick google search and found a few visual aides from the show to help you out! :ermm:

There were scenes like this in practically every episode!

Good lord man, it's been 12 years since Charmed ended. Even if I was a regular viewer I'd have probably not remembered.

Now that it's explained shame on you for not doing so sooner! :p

Good lord man, it's been 12 years since Charmed ended. Even if I was a regular viewer I'd have probably not remembered.

Now that it's explained shame on you for not doing so sooner! :p

Well just for your information three episodes are still aired every morning on TNT. :)

Meh, Looks like Supergirl will continue to be SocialJusticeGirl!

'Supergirl' welcomes transgender superhero played by trans activist Nicole Maines

"Supergirl" had a big announcement at geek culture extravaganza Comic-Con on Saturday: The CW show is welcoming the first transgender superhero to TV.

Transgender activist and actress Nicole Maines will play Nia Nal, also known as Dreamer, who is described as a young transgender woman with a fierce drive to protect others.

Maines, who appeared on "Royal Pains" and "The Trans List," has been in the news for making positive steps for transgender people before. In January 2014, a Maine court ruled in her favor that her elementary school violated state anti-discrimination law after it determined she should use the staff restroom instead of the girls' bathroom.

The news that the DC Comics show will welcome a transgender character played by a transgender person shows a step toward inclusion onscreen at a time when Scarlett Johansson has faced backlash for signing on to play a transgender man. The overwhelming consensus from critics of Johansson's casting: Transgender characters should be played by transgender actors. (Johansson subsequently dropped out of the role.)

In an interview with Variety after the casting announcement, Maines said, "We've had representation on television for a while, but it hasn't been the right kind of representation." When she came out to her parents in the late 1990s and early 2000s, cisgender men portrayed trans woman on TV and "contributed to that idea that we are men in dresses," she said. "Now, it's very hopeful and relieving to watch creators and writers and directors and casting offices stepping up to put trans people in trans roles, so we can portray ourselves and we can start to disprove some of those stereotypes about us."

Maines said, "I'm beyond thrilled to be able to do that in a supersuit!"

and with that here is the Comic-Con Trailer.

Supergirl | Comic-Con® 2018 Trailer | The CW

Last edited:
Cast News:

Supergirl has cast Brent Spiner as Vice President Baker for the upcoming 4th season.
Spiner is best known for playing Lt. Commander Data on Star Trek: The Next Generation the long running 1990's TV Series and big screen film adaptations.

Cast News:

That didn't last long Brent Spiner has dropped out of his upcoming role on Supergirl due to a "Family matter that conflicts with the production dates."

The role has already been recast with veteran actor Bruce Boxleitner replacing Spiner in the role.

More Cast News:

Rhona Mitra (Strike Back, The Last Ship) has been cast as Mercy Graves an ex-CADMUS agent/bodyguard. In the comics Mercy Graves is best known for being Lex Luthor's bodyguard and right hand-man.

CASTING NEWS

Breaking: Elizabeth "Bitsie" Tulloch has been cast as the CW's Lois Lane!

ckC19oA4a7ixmvruDtQsu4ZB3iA.jpg

Bitsie Tulloch (Grimm) has been tapped to take on the iconic role of Daily Planet reporter Lois Lane in the network's annual Arrow-verse crossover event. Tulloch joins Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf), who will reprise his role as Clark Kent/ Superman, in the three-night, three-show (The Flash, Supergirl and Arrow) crossover set for December.

Tulloch spent six seasons as the female lead on NBC fantasy drama Grimm. Her credits include House, MD and The West Wing.

I actually like this casting as she has a bit of a Margot Kidder look to her.

CASTING NEWS

I actually like this casting as she has a bit of a Margot Kidder look to her.

I hope the writers handle her character better than Grimm did. It's a shame when you see a good actor get ruined by bad writing. IE: Andrea in the Walking Dead.

Solid season premier. I guess they will wait until ep 2 to start hammering us with SocialJusticeGirl!

Breaking News:

"It's been confirmed that Lex Luthor will be making his way to National City later this season on Supergirl.

“We’re beyond excited to introduce iconic villain, Lex Luthor, to Supergirl and to weave him into our story this season,” Rovner and Queller said in a joint statement. “We’ve talked about having Lex on the show since it’s inception and we’re excited to have him finally arrive. We can’t wait for him to shake things up in National City and watch him go toe-to-toe with not only Supergirl, but his sister, Lena Luthor.”"

Also the first photo of Bitsie Tulloch as Lois Lane has been released.

screen-shot-2018-10-18-at-3-05.jpg

I expect the casting of Lex will be much better by the people running the TV show than the one's who did the casting for the films.

I really want to see a new Superman TV show with Tyler Hoechlin and Bitsie Tulloch.

Breaking Cast News:

"Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) has been cast in the role of Lex Luthor on the CW series Supergirl."

What exactly did Oliver exchange to save Barry and Kara? Does it still come to pass that "The Flash disappears in Crisis?" We know in the comics that Kara Zor-el also dies in the comics in COIE #7.

Could Arrow be coming to an end following next season? Did Oliver give up himself to save Barry and Kara? We know from the flashforward clips in Arrow that Oliver is no longer the Green Arrow in the future.

Once fantastic theory I have seen today and I think that it makes a lot of since is that the upcoming "Crisis" is to do what the original story did in the comics and that is get rid of the multiverse.

Which is bring all the CW/DC shows together. Supergirl is a different earth than the one in Arrow, The Flash & LoT. I think Black Lightning is a different one as well. This theory includes the new shows on the DC Universe streaming service as well like Titans and the upcoming Doom Patrol and Stargirl series.

What kind of Arrowverse could we see after Crisis is over? Could we see new characters or different versions? Could we get a 3rd version of Laurel Lance or a 2nd version of Dinah that could end up as Black Canary on the new Batwoman series if it happens? The possibilities that the WB/CW have are endless if that's the way they want to go.

Psycho Pirate says "The stage is set, World's will Live, World's will Die and the Universe will never be the same!"

Based on the graphic it says "Coming Fall of 2019!" could we be looking at an entire season or at least the first half dealing with "Crisis" with the second half dealing with the results/fallout?

With the whole DC Cinematic universe seemingly falling apart and looks to be recasting both Batman & Superman as well as supporting characters could WB & DC along with the CW (which is partially owned by WB) looking to make it easier for cross promotional events where we see characters pop up on each others shows more often? Especially as the DC streaming service grows.

I said it before it aired and now seeing the actual interaction and chemistry they had I really want a Bitsie Tulloch and Tyler Hoechlin Superman series. Now that Jon Cryer has been cast as Lex Luthor on Supergirl even more so.

Reactions: chatsworth_vol
I'm an idiot it has never dawned on me until last night that the Supergirl series takes place on "Earth-38". Superman debuted in Action Comics #1 in May 1938.

These reportedly were took while they weer filming Episode 2 of the upcoming 5th Season. Not a fan of the look I guess its possible it could be the suit of a Supergirl from a different earth as we head toward the "Crisis"? Even her hair looks different.

D_r4ecKWsAEh1aQ.jpg orig.jpg

D_p4nu4XoAAZ6fJ.jpg orig.jpg

VN Store

Back