Student Section

Who's to decide what the "best seating" would be? Many want to be in seats and not stand the whole time. Many may not want the front row of the sstanding section because not much can be seen right behind the basket. There's a lot of variables in what you're asking.

True, but it could be handled like football priority. Students choose the seat they desire based on priority. Maintain the seat as long as they maintain their priority level. Perhaps some sections or rows require a minimum point level. These thoughts are just brainstorming.

My point isn't so much to create the system here, it's that the AD needs to quit accepting mediocre attendance as a given and work harder to make it better.

While winning certainly is a huge factor, not winning shouldn't serve as a reason to give up.

Reactions: 1 person
True, but it could be handled like football priority. Students choose the seat they desire based on priority. Maintain the seat as long as they maintain their priority level. Perhaps some sections or rows require a minimum point level. These thoughts are just brainstorming.

My point isn't so much to create the system here, it's that the AD needs to quit accepting mediocre attendance as a given and work harder to make it better.

While winning certainly is a huge factor, not winning shouldn't serve as a reason to give up.

Before bad-mouthing just the baseline, next time look at section 123 and see how full it is. Just because the standing only section is empty doesn't mean the other student sections are empty.

Open the student section up to anyone that wants to move down there about 30 minutes before tip. It would fill up and create a more exciting environment.

Pretty sure you don't go to games. This is cool on a message board but isn't how it is at the actual games..

Before bad-mouthing just the baseline, next time look at section 123 and see how full it is. Just because the standing only section is empty doesn't mean the other student sections are empty.

Any empty student seats is an opportunity to do better. I'm not one bashing the students, my ire is directed at an AD that seems to be resigned to having empty seats in the arena.

More students will show if sufficiently motivated. Wins will motivate certainly. But the program would be so much better if they showed up for the losses, too.

Agree. Today's students are the biggest fair weather fans around. When I was in school we went to every game, regardless of the record.

I was a student during the Wade Houston era, That would test anyone's fandom

I am a student here. I have been to a good amount of games but there was boxing weekend last weekend and a lot of "better things to do" this weekend than see Tennessee play a 7-18 Missouri team. Also I'm a big believer in attitude reflects leadership and right now the leadership across campus is poor and apathetic-- looking at you Mr. Hart, Dr. Davenport, Dean Shivers. I've have been involved with SGA, the Dean of Students, The office of student conduct, and Greek life and all of those have poor leadership and it permeates the student body. The student could not care less and they have no reason to care. But, I LOVE THEM VOLS!

A lot of it has to do with other activities going on in the student's lives. I know Boxing Weekend was the same weekend as the UGA game and that's a huge fundraiser so a lot of the sororities and fraternities were going to that instead of the game.

Isn't the boxing at night?

I am surprised that has survived all the bs cya liability issues over the years.

I am a student here. I have been to a good amount of games but there was boxing weekend last weekend and a lot of "better things to do" this weekend than see Tennessee play a 7-18 Missouri team. Also I'm a big believer in attitude reflects leadership and right now the leadership across campus is poor and apathetic-- looking at you Mr. Hart, Dr. Davenport, Dean Shivers. I've have been involved with SGA, the Dean of Students, The office of student conduct, and Greek life and all of those have poor leadership and it permeates the student body. The student could not care less and they have no reason to care. But, I LOVE THEM VOLS!

Crock of **** excuses. Rick Barnes and this overachieving teammate has nothing to do with those leaders your named.

Crock of **** excuses. Rick Barnes and this overachieving teammate has nothing to do with those leaders your named.

Ah yes. You must have been at the game. I was down the street at the SEC Swim Championships UT hosted. It was far more entertaining than watching UT beat a sorry Missouri team. Guess we can't all be real fans and support every sport.

Isn't the boxing at night?

I am surprised that has survived all the bs cya liability issues over the years.

There are what they call "darties" (Day Parties) during the Saturday of boxing all throughout the Fort. That's where the students were.

Any empty student seats is an opportunity to do better. I'm not one bashing the students, my ire is directed at an AD that seems to be resigned to having empty seats in the arena.

More students will show if sufficiently motivated. Wins will motivate certainly. But the program would be so much better if they showed up for the losses, too.

There were plenty of times during the Pearl years where the baseline was barely half full. And that was when there were a lot of wins. It's the way it is with the students.

Institute a priority system. Students earn a point for each game they go to. Seating then is handed out according to priority. Go to every game? Earn the right to move down to the best seating and stay there if you keep going to the games.

The best seating comes with free food.

Have a competition between campus organizations that would reward those with the most priority points.

Somebody over there just needs to quit accepting the mediocre turnout and do something about it.

what about giving them an attendance trophy or free tuition?

There were like 3 people in the student section yesterday. Even last week at the Georgia game I went to, there was barely any student support. I don't understand why no one cares. You would think we were 7-19 based on how many show up. What gives ?

Hung over?

There are what they call "darties" (Day Parties) during the Saturday of boxing all throughout the Fort. That's where the students were.

Parties during the day prepping for the boxing at night is what kept students away from the Georgia game......

Thanks for making the point about how pathetic this student body is. Not sure what would have been wrong with packing some airplane shooters in the socks and having your pre-boxing warm up at TBA.

Parties during the day prepping for the boxing at night is what kept students away from the Georgia game......

Thanks for making the point about how pathetic this student body is. Not sure what would have been wrong with packing some airplane shooters in the socks and having your pre-boxing warm up at TBA.

Boxing started at 5:30 on Saturday this year. I agree shooters would be nice in TBA. Its a dry campus and security is stricter on students because of this.

VN Store

Back