Strong to Texas

Personally I don't think Charlie Strong is as good as some think. But who am I to judge? I'm behind a computer screen posting, while Charlie Strong reportedly is getting 5 million over 5 years. Just glad he didn't come here.

Reactions: 2 people
Personally I don't think Charlie Strong is as good as some think. But who am I to judge? I'm behind a computer screen posting, while Charlie Strong reportedly is getting 5 million over 5 years. Just glad he didn't come here.

He does a good job in bowl prep

Whipped UF and Miami in back to back Bowl Games

Reactions: 2 people
Pretty much the same fans that will be excited if Auburn wins the N.C.

Bingo. We think a lot alike. Go FSU. My family is from north Florida, and my dad has loved FSU since they were garbage before Bowden, so I'll will cheer them on. If notre dame was going against Auburn, I would root for them. **** every SEC team besides the Vols.

Reactions: 3 people
Bingo. We think a lot alike. Go FSU. My family is from north Florida, and my dad has loved FSU since they were garbage before Bowden, so I'll will cheer them on. If notre dame was going against Auburn, I would root for them. **** every SEC team besides the Vols.

I agree 100%. I hope FSU wins by 50. Auburn winning does nothing for us, it does help their recruiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Only consolation of an Auburn win would be how it will ruin Bama's season even more

I don't really care - should be a good game

Wish the Longhorns had gotten Franklin out of our hair.

I hope that Franklin turns down PSU and stays at Vandy. Now that we're dominating recruiting again and the program is heading back in the right direction, I'm looking forward to dominating them again with him on the sidelines, refusing to shake CBJ's hand after the first of another long line of defeats...:dance:

So Charlie Strong has taken the job for 5 mil a year. I personally don't think this will end up well for them. Charlie has never done anything without Teddy Bridgewater and he is not a dynamic recruiter either. I could see Texas turning into a situation like the Vols after we fired Coach Fulmer.

What say you all?

Y! SPORTS

I'll bet Muschamp wishes he had stayed in Austin. I think Strong is more than just his QB, but you do have to factor in his weak conference. I think both Strong and Sumlin will have challenging times next year without all-world QB's at the helm in the Lone Star state.

Ive never liked charlie strong and im glad we dodged that bullet here. Hes not a very bright person at all, his recruiting is mediocre at best and hes made a big name for himself in the weakest conference in america. Terrible hire by Texas the new AD really screwed this one up. Also if you go on the Texas message boards many dont seem happy that a minority was hired for head coach. Bad hire he will be done in 3 years

I'll bet Muschamp wishes he had stayed in Austin. I think Strong is more than just his QB, but you do have to factor in his weak conference. I think both Strong and Sumlin will have challenging times next year without all-world QB's at the helm in the Lone Star state.

I think A&M comes crashing back down to earth, their defense is horrible

It just makes u wonder again how did hart n cheek screw that up? Was it them being cheap vs Texas or did strong really just not like tn its fans and the state. Or does tn brand sux outside of tn..

I saw he kills it .. All the black recruit in Texas will follow him .. Between him n sumlin Texas will be hard to recruit.

Ive never liked charlie strong and im glad we dodged that bullet here. Hes not a very bright person at all, his recruiting is mediocre at best and hes made a big name for himself in the weakest conference in america. Terrible hire by Texas the new AD really screwed this one up. Also if you go on the Texas message boards many dont seem happy that a minority was hired for head coach. Bad hire he will be done in 3 years

Just when I thought this board could not produce anymore dumb BS Im proven wrong. How do you know he is not a bright person? If true, he is making 5 mill a year at a school with the largest base of money and largest recruiting base in the country. What a dumbass.

Just when I thought this board could not produce anymore dumb BS Im proven wrong. How do you know he is not a bright person? If true, he is making 5 mill a year at a school with the largest base of money and largest recruiting base in the country. What a dumbass.

Have you ever heard a charlie strong press conference dumbass? Thats right not very bright

So Charlie Strong has taken the job for 5 mil a year. I personally don't think this will end up well for them. Charlie has never done anything without Teddy Bridgewater and he is not a dynamic recruiter either. I could see Texas turning into a situation like the Vols after we fired Coach Fulmer.

What say you all?

Y! SPORTS

I disagree! He has been on everyone's short list the last few seasons for a reason, including us making a run at him. The recruiting takes care of itself in Texas and he did make Louisville a top twenty team. I don't remember Mack Brown pulling in the best recruits when he was at North Carolina. The biggest problem for Texas is that Texas A&M has become very appealing for Texas kids since A&M joined the SEC. However, there is still plenty of talent to go around in that state. The only similar thing I see to Fulmer is that Texas has been slipping the last few years just like Tennessee the last few under Fulmer. It was time for them to get a shot of energy in their program and they hired a coach we wanted last year. Money talks!
A lot on here are bashing him and it's because he turned us down and they are bitter. Those same people would be singing his praises if he had accepted our offer but that's the nature of internet message boards. Coach or player is all world if he chooses us but is a dumb bum if he chooses someone else. It's hard for a lot of fans to look in the mirror and be honest about their team so they go after those that don't choose their team or say they never wanted them anyway.

Uhm, sorry, but this is unpossible. The insiders have already said Saban was going to Texas.

It just makes u wonder again how did hart n cheek screw that up? Was it them being cheap vs Texas or did strong really just not like tn its fans and the state. Or does tn brand sux outside of tn..

I saw he kills it .. All the black recruit in Texas will follow him .. Between him n sumlin Texas will be hard to recruit.

No biggie...little past success for Vol recruiting in TX anyhow. Most of those who did come to Knoxville were busts. CBJ won't lose any sleep & I am glad he is our coach & not C. Strong.

VN Store

Back