Storm stories thread

Thanks bass pro salesman lol j/k been thinking of getting one for my fishing.. you’ve sold me..
Actually hate most BPS stuff and prefer Cabelas but had the last suit for 9 years so if it aint broke... Wore it fishing king mack tourneys in fall and Offshore winter fishing and other than taking a wave in the face and running inside the suit they are bone dry. They ain't for summertime though and I was a little warm until the cold wind started late 3Q!
Nothing wrong with the other one other than a little fishy smell, so gave it to my son. Best dang money you will spend.
So we aren't off topic ummm.... I wish they made them in VOL orange instead of forest green?

Reactions: 1 person
A friend of mine came thru with an extra seat on the 50 yard line about 18 rows up so I was determined to take in the whole game :rock: Had a light windbreaker on in the beginning of the game but being a Boy Scout (be prepared) I brought my 100 MPH Gore-tex rain bibs and jacket that I use Bluefin Tuna fishing in January offshore of NC and in the 2Q when it was still spitting light rain I stood up and put my "outfit" on and just waited. It was kinda sad and (deep inside) glorious seeing the sheer folly of some people with their $1 Pochos. When I got back to the house in Sevierville not a wet spot anywhere.:clapping:
On a separate note my mom being from about 35 miles from LSU I spent most of the afternoon tailgating with various Tiger faithful at the church where I park. Had great time partaking in some awesome Gumbo, gator and andouille. Went into the game with the right mindset of getting torched, miserable conditions, and watching our still inept coaching staff but had great time.
Couldn't even give away my three season tickets because of the forecast and losing record I guess.

My 15 year old, $12 Sterns pancho kept me bone dry.

I was at the game. For a while, the game was second fiddle to the storm. I was prepared, but there were many that weren’t. The wind driven rain actually stung as it hit your face, and I couldn’t help wondering if the TV coverage captured it.

Hate it for those that lost tailgating equipment. Looked like a lot of people weren’t prepared for something like that. My son lost his favorite hat- probably in the river.

So tell us what you thought, even if you watched it on TV.
I was at the heavy rain game vs Florida in the early nineties. More rain then, but the wind in this storm was nothing like I’ve ever seen in Neyland.

Share your stories!

That was rain? I thought there was a fire brigade throwing buckets of water on me. I've been caught out in rain and storms many times, but I don't recall ever having that much water dumped on me in such a short period of time. It might have been the most fun I've had in the stadium all season long.

There was a woman in her 70's seated several rows in front of me with a tiny umbrella covering her head. A big fat usher pointed his finger at her and yelled at her to take her umbrella down. His mannerisms were downright abusive and dictatorial. I know it's against the rules, but she was not obstructing anyone's view - the five rows behind her were completely vacant by then. This pissed me off. I marched down to where the pompous authoritarian loser was standing and gave him a good WJ Julian style tongue lashing. I'll probably call the university Monday and speak to someone about that. Screw the rules under those circumstances - she wasn't hurting anyone.

Reactions: 4 people
This was a cleansing rain. It was sent by the good Lord above to wash away the stank that has polluted the UT football program this year. All things renewed now and Gruden can march on in today!

About an hour before kickoff the wind on the field blew so hard the that it bent the goalpost , they had to get t crew out there to fix it

I watched on ESPN and they showed a video of an LSU player (about 350# swinging on one end of it) not sure but think he may have bent it....

That was rain? I thought there was a fire brigade throwing buckets of water on me. I've been caught out in rain and storms many times, but I don't recall ever having that much water dumped on me in such a short period of time. It might have been the most fun I've had in the stadium all season long.

There was a woman in her 70's seated several rows in front of me with a tiny umbrella covering her head. A big fat usher pointed his finger at her and yelled at her to take her umbrella down. His mannerisms were downright abusive and dictatorial. I know it's against the rules, but she was not obstructing anyone's view - the five rows behind her were completely vacant by then. This pissed me off. I marched down to where the pompous authoritarian loser was standing and gave him a good WJ Julian style tongue lashing. I'll probably call the university Monday and speak to someone about that. Screw the rules under those circumstances - she wasn't hurting anyone.

Butch really let himself go since the firing.

Saw where Hoke could have delayed the 2nd half kick for 15 minutes but chose not too -- and not a smart move on his part

things @my church have gone a little sideways lately, been thinking of visiting . A little hesitant because of the size.[/

We have a smaller congregation at the sanctuary if your interested. Glade is a big church. I’ll be checking out the damage their today or tomorrow.

things @my church have gone a little sideways lately, been thinking of visiting . A little hesitant because of the size.[/

We have a smaller congregation at the sanctuary if your interested. Glade is a big church. I’ll be checking out the damage their today or tomorrow.
thank you! For now I have told my pastor that we would stick it out with him awhile but if anything changes it's good to have options!

Goons tell myHurricane Irma story. I live in VeniceFl and Friday night before the storm my wife woke me up freaking out because the latest forecast track had it coming right over us and she wanted to go to a shelter immedialty. She thought we might never get in if we waited. So we drove our asses their, with the house only partially boarded up, and got into a big class room by 4 or 5 in the morning. All day Saturday the shelter filled up and by the end of the day we had 3 or 4 other families in the classroom with us. It was a weird situation, we felt safe but really uncertain of what lay ahead. Sunday rolled around and we knew the storm was coming and we knew the shelter was going to lock all doors and you wouldn’t be able to leave until after the storm was over. At this point it was still forecasted to come right over us. We were given a last meal and were told to get ready for lock down. We spent the last hour walking around the school grounds trying to enjoy the outdoors. It was really nice weather, wasn’t hot compared to how this area of Florida is in September, the sky was beautiful and and there was a gusty winds coming from the north because the way the storm was first hitting us. There were a lot of scared people, we had no idea what to expect, all I could think about was if my wife and 1 year old were going to be able to go back to our house. This was one of the few animal shelters so there were a lot of dog people and they were really sad leaving their animals in the school gym. Almost all of my friends left town and we’re stuck in traffic or at a hotel in another state. We went into lockdown around 10 or 11 am, they lock down the shelter when there is sustained gust of tropical storm force winds. As the storm approached Florida it shift east and rode up the state east of I-75 and my local area was sparred a lot of damage. We were let out of the shelter around 10 the next day. We were one of the last to leave the shelter, my wife packed so much crap, and we drove home to downed trees, lots of minor damage l, and made it to our house which was unscathed though without power for four days, which seemed like an eternity. We were super lucky. I hate the media during the storms and I know, as a Floridian born and raised most of my life, being hit by a bad storm is very unlikely but also possible. I prayed a lot as that storm made its way toward the US and as it came up the star, I also thanked god a lot after the storm past. Here’s hoping next hurricane season is light and and there aren’t a lot of storms. Hope no one inTennessee has any damage from the storm this past Saturday.

This was recorded from section A just about the same time as that interview with Orgeron.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ePx6wyTmk[/youtube]

For those not at the game. This is a good clip. Take a look towards the end and notice the wind blowing the cheap little rain ponchos. Imagine trying to throw a football into that wind.

I was there in the rain when we beat Florida in a downpour in '92, then recently the Marshall storm and the Oregon storm. The difference in this game was the wind. It was like walking through a car wash. That 2nd half kickoff and the ensuing 3 and out was about the harshest weather I've ever seen Tennessee play in. I would love to know what was going through Guarantano's mind awaiting the snap with stinging rain pelting him in the face. Wish we had lost the toss!

VN Store

Back