Storm stories thread

I was at the game. For a while, the game was second fiddle to the storm. I was prepared, but there were many that weren’t. The wind driven rain actually stung as it hit your face, and I couldn’t help wondering if the TV coverage captured it.

Hate it for those that lost tailgating equipment. Looked like a lot of people weren’t prepared for something like that. My son lost his favorite hat- probably in the river.

So tell us what you thought, even if you watched it on TV.
I was at the heavy rain game vs Florida in the early nineties. More rain then, but the wind in this storm was nothing like I’ve ever seen in Neyland.

Share your stories!
Wasn’t there tonight but I was there for that fla game too. It was miserable! Glad I wasn’t there tonight

We were at Vols- Gators when "Mose parted the waters, Oregon lightning game, & in XX last night. Bank of lights went out just before 3rd quarter & 3 ESPN cameras went out, I am told. Nobody could see ball on the kickoff. Vols played hard, just not enough bullets or coaching up. Beat vandie.

I was in Y8 with my fam and couldn’t believe they kicked off the second half with half lights and what was taking place. We were at a complete disadvantage fielding that kick and it set the tone for the entire second half. Waiting 10 min wouldn’t have hurt anyone and created a safer environment for everyone involved including the fans.

Reactions: 2 people
I live 6 miles from the stadium and it was lightning. Couldn’t hear it for the wind and rain could just see it light up. Glad no one at stadium got struck.

It was insane. Me and my girlfriend and one of her friends were there in Y 10.

Here is some video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dQgjrrEeHA[/youtube]

I have probably the best story. WE were at revival last night at church so I recorded the game when I got home I watched the whole game without interruption. My dish never went out

I have probably the best story. WE were at revival last night at church so I recorded the game when I got home I watched the whole game without interruption. My dish never went out

The church I attend took a direct hit from a tornado spawned from the storm

Reactions: 1 person
I was in Y8 with my fam and couldn’t believe they kicked off the second half with half lights and what was taking place. We were at a complete disadvantage fielding that kick and it set the tone for the entire second half. Waiting 10 min wouldn’t have hurt anyone and created a safer environment for everyone involved including the fans.

I though the same thing. Amazing how something as seemingly harmless as a coin toss could dictate a disastrous possession. Gale force winds and pelting rain blowing directly into the face of the kick returner and quarterback. We probably still would have lost, but it’d have been a different game if LSU got the ball first on that end of the field.

For those who were in the lazy boy watching the game, and criticizing passing and fielding kicks, you have know idea the impact of the wind. Once it even blew the ball off the line of scrimmage during the huddle. Yes- we still aren’t good, but the weather made it harder to get momentum.

About an hour before kickoff the wind on the field blew so hard the that it bent the goalpost , they had to get t crew out there to fix it

I agree. I saw that line on radar when it was around Memphis earlier in the day; it moved fast and hung together all day like a red line drawn down the map sweeping across the state. At starting time it was around Crossville. There was no doubt it was moving fast and contained very heavy rain and wind; a caveman could have figured out what was coming for a relatively brief period; you'd think SEC officials might get it, too.

It was insane. Me and my girlfriend and one of her friends were there in Y 10.

Here is some video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dQgjrrEeHA[/youtube]

Blow by blow on the radio...

giphy.gif

Twitter

Just to think they were in the tunnel. LOL One of the craziest interviews I have seen. I was like holy crap its going to be bad.

Twitter

Just to think they were in the tunnel. LOL One of the craziest interviews I have seen. I was like holy crap its going to be bad.

This was recorded from section A just about the same time as that interview with Orgeron.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ePx6wyTmk[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
A friend of mine came thru with an extra seat on the 50 yard line about 18 rows up so I was determined to take in the whole game :rock: Had a light windbreaker on in the beginning of the game but being a Boy Scout (be prepared) I brought my 100 MPH Gore-tex rain bibs and jacket that I use Bluefin Tuna fishing in January offshore of NC and in the 2Q when it was still spitting light rain I stood up and put my "outfit" on and just waited. It was kinda sad and (deep inside) glorious seeing the sheer folly of some people with their $1 Pochos. When I got back to the house in Sevierville not a wet spot anywhere.:clapping:
On a separate note my mom being from about 35 miles from LSU I spent most of the afternoon tailgating with various Tiger faithful at the church where I park. Had great time partaking in some awesome Gumbo, gator and andouille. Went into the game with the right mindset of getting torched, miserable conditions, and watching our still inept coaching staff but had great time.
Couldn't even give away my three season tickets because of the forecast and losing record I guess.

A friend of mine came thru with an extra seat on the 50 yard line about 18 rows up so I was determined to take in the whole game :rock: Had a light windbreaker on in the beginning of the game but being a Boy Scout (be prepared) I brought my 100 MPH Gore-tex rain bibs and jacket that I use Bluefin Tuna fishing in January offshore of NC and in the 2Q when it was still spitting light rain I stood up and put my "outfit" on and just waited. It was kinda sad and (deep inside) glorious seeing the sheer folly of some people with their $1 Pochos. When I got back to the house in Sevierville not a wet spot anywhere.:clapping:
On a separate note my mom being from about 35 miles from LSU I spent most of the afternoon tailgating with various Tiger faithful at the church where I park. Had great time partaking in some awesome Gumbo, gator and andouille. Went into the game with the right mindset of getting torched, miserable conditions, and watching our still inept coaching staff but had great time.
Couldn't even give away my three season tickets because of the forecast and losing record I guess.

Thanks bass pro salesman lol j/k been thinking of getting one for my fishing.. you’ve sold me..

VN Store

Back