Statement from UT Athletics Department

Let me assure you, everyone did not share your infatuation with Cuonzo. It had nothing to do with the color of his skin. He was too nice. There are times when a coach has to get in the face of the officials and stand up for his team. It took almost a whole season before he finally went to someone and complained enough to get the officials off of Stokes back so he could finally play ball. We would have went to the Tournament a year earlier. This past year the team sucked until they realized they were going to be responsible for getting Cuonzo fired. There were no coaching moves or change of strategy that caused them to turn the corner. That talent was there all year and Cuonzo couldn’t do anything with it.

Who said anything about skin color? You did! The infatuation is from you guys with Bruce The Auburn Tiger Pearl. So where are we now? We are jacked up in a bad situation, lost 1 recruit & might lose more. I feel sorry for Richardson,Hubbs,Reese,Campbell & Lopez. The players who stuck around, you know VFL.

Last edited:
It's real simply, you have a list of candidates.
You submit a request to interview. This either accepted or declined.
As part of the request, you ask if there is currently any investigation by the NCAA. The NCAA is also directly asked if there is any investigations.

If UT failed to do this, then someone (Dave Hart) needs to be immediately fired.

I agree.

The NCAA should be investigated. There should be no reason for them to wait over a year to come to start questioning a school. If Tn asked the NCAA these questions, then the NCAA should have no right to now say something a year later!!! That would be like setting a school up when you hire him or any coach in similar position to be punished!!!

Can somebody start a petition to get NCAA investigated? Id sign it a thousand times

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back