Statement from UT Athletics Department

Any problems with CDT doesn't suddenly make Martin a good fit. That is not how reality works. He was offered a raise. He left. UT made a hire. This is unfortunate but it doesn't change Martin, his decision to leave.
If anything UT should have stuck by Pearl, dug in, and fought that nonsense.

Just like Kiffin's resignation doesn't negate whether Fulmer's performance deserved termination.

If this is true, then either the UT admin is lying about the 'vetting process' and heads need to role. Or, the NCAA knew about this and withheld information, in which case UT needs to sue the NCAA. Or, this information didn't come to light until after Tyndall left and UT is just basically screwed and will have to promote an interim and hire a new coach.

My guess is it's somewhere in between, the search was focused on White and that was who Hart wanted, once he couldn't get him he moved to Tyndall quickly. We don't know all the facts, but I have a hard time thinking if Hart researched Tyndall to his fullest capability he would've found out about this.

It's real simply, you have a list of candidates.
You submit a request to interview. This either accepted or declined.
As part of the request, you ask if there is currently any investigation by the NCAA. The NCAA is also directly asked if there is any investigations.

If UT failed to do this, then someone (Dave Hart) needs to be immediately fired.

Its a possibility that the NCAA had no prior knowledge of what is/has happened at Southern Miss until now. Maybe Tennessee inquired about his issues at the previous school. The NCAA clearly plays favorites and is most of the time a bully but I don't see a reason for faulting them if issues arise from something he did at a previous school when we asked first if there was an issue. This would all be on Hart and how he handles it if something does happen. He's the one that took a gamble in the first place.

Clearly this is new news just the way it is all breaking suddenly. Also clearly there is some real news because it's gaining traction quickly. How much, who knows. We know right now that three SM players aren't playing. For that to happen that quickly there is either an abundance of precaution going on or some evidence is already on the table. It's all going to boil down to what Tyndall knew.

Clearly this is new news just the way it is all breaking suddenly. Also clearly there is some real news because it's gaining traction quickly. How much, who knows. We know right now that three SM players aren't playing. For that to happen that quickly there is either an abundance of precaution going on or some evidence is already on the table. It's all going to boil down to what Tyndall knew.

Golden Eagles win in Sadler

The victory also came without the services of Matt Bingaya, Chip Armelin and Jeremiah Eason — Southern Miss’ three most experienced returners. Sadler said Armelin has been dealing with flu-like symptoms this
week.

It's reasonable to think that the two players that did not play last night might have been disciplined for something other than this issue. just to be fair.

Only one name appears in both articles.

Report: USM, Tyndall being probed by NCAA | Southern Miss Sports

Three players on the current Southern Miss roster, Matt Bingaya, Shadell Millinghaus and Davon Hayes, entered the program as Prop 48 recruits under Tyndall – Bingaya and Hayes in Tyndall’s first season and Millinghaus last season – and are now eligible. The report said Tyndall signed other players as Prop 48 recruits, but they are no longer with the program. Current Southern Miss head coach Doc Sadler has not been interviewed by the NCAA, the report said

Absolutely, but according to Parrish who was all over the White/Tyndall hire, there wasn't much vetting done prior to White turning down the job.

While Parrish said there was not much time for vetting Tyndall after White turned UT down, he also said "Granted, that doesn't mean UT officials didn't vet Tyndall well in advance."

However, given the allegations, I doubt any vetting process (absent Tyndall spilling his guts) would have discovered these issues.

Yep, ole Michael White turned down Coach T's 5 year $8 million contract for this "White has re-energized the program and the fan base both locally and nationally with multiple conference championships and postseason appearances which played a huge part in him agreeing to a new six-year, $3.6 million contract extension on April 3." That's $600 grand a year compared to $1.6 million. Rather coach at La Tech instead of Tennessee, too. If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you in Cuonzo Country!

Last edited:
While Parrish said there was not much time for vetting Tyndall after White turned UT down, he also said "Granted, that doesn't mean UT officials didn't vet Tyndall well in advance."

However, given the allegations, I doubt any vetting process (absent Tyndall spilling his guts) would have discovered these issues.

And there it is.

Some of yall miss the point. The issue is not about UT being in the clear. The issue is Tyndall being in the clear. Looks like he is in trouble. This is UT's problem, because UT employs him. UT did nothing wrong. That doesnt mean Tyndall is safe. The only thing that helps him is that Haith got a slap on the wrist.

It's amazing how this point is escaping folk on here.

Also this Clarke kid flipped faster than a Wendy's Hamburger. He in my opinion is dripping wet with "academically Ineligible". He knows something, I would at least make it a point to stop by his place on the investigation tour.
Hey, you want to give them your address, so they can come by and give you a going over too:lol::lol::lol:!

This is pathetic, simply pathetic, embarrassing & I hate to say it well deserved. Our athletic director, the boosters, & the petition fans ran off Cuonzo, some of our players, & all of Zo's recruits & that is after that awesome tournament run to the SWEET 16 & a questionable call away from the next round. There are 3 people laughing right now that is Hamilton (former AD) Cuonzo, & Bruce the Auburn Tiger Pearl!

Your post lost all credibility when you mentioned Hamilton...

Last edited:
i just don't want to believe anything is going to happen… my little nancy nerves can't take any more

I don't know how UT could get into trouble . At most we have to hire a new coach I think .

VN Store

Back