Starting to sound like the football forum....

um...crack is good?

I just liked what he was trying to do given the restrictions he had when he got here. But at the end of the day, he didn't produce and deserved to be let go. I have no problem firing a guy if that happens. Same would've gone for Cuonzo if he had the results that Tyndall is putting up so far.

And just because I liked Raleigh doesn't mean I think he was a better coach than Serrano, because he's not, obviously.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I just liked what he was trying to do given the restrictions he had when he got here. But at the end of the day, he didn't produce and deserved to be let go. I have no problem firing a guy if that happens. Same would've gone for Cuonzo if he had the results that Tyndall is putting up so far.

And just because I liked Raleigh doesn't mean I think he was a better coach than Serrano, because he's not, obviously.

That's bc u live and die by individual seasons.....it was obvious to anyone paying attention that Raleigh and Dooley had no clue how to build a program...the same can be said about Zo....our very own beat reporters stated that they had no clue what Zo was doing recruiting bc it didn't seem like he was recruiting anyone....then it was reported that several coaches turned down overtures for our coaching job bc the roster was being left in such bad shape.....if that's not red flags then I don't know what is.....I felt Zo earned another yr bc of the sweet sixteen trip but was going to run our program into the ground as early as this season. It's still way too early to tell on CDT.

Reactions: 3 people
That's because you have too many hyper sensitive supposedly grown men that don't know how to act. I hate to think what their f'd up kids are like.

I disagree....people are suppose to be emotionally tied to their favorite program and this is the kind of place for fans to vent their frustrations. After every single loss, I'm ready to fire the coach lol....I think that's why go didn't make me an AD lol

That's bc u live and die by individual seasons.....it was obvious to anyone paying attention that Raleigh and Dooley had no clue how to build a program...the same can be said about Zo....our very own beat reporters stated that they had no clue what Zo was doing recruiting bc it didn't seem like he was recruiting anyone....then it was reported that several coaches turned down overtures for our coaching job bc the roster was being left in such bad shape.....if that's not red flags then I don't know what is.....I felt Zo earned another yr bc of the sweet sixteen trip but was going to run our program into the ground as early as this season. It's still way too early to tell on CDT.

Yet again, you obviously forgot how this board was after Martin's first year. I'm willing to give Tyndall 3 years, just like I was for Raleigh, Dooley, Martin, etc. However, as bad as Martin was in some people's eyes, he didn't have a losing season, made the post season every year, and didn't have the NCAA breathing down his neck. I don't think it's too much to ask for each and every UT coach to meet those expectations every year. Do you?

Reactions: 3 people
Yet again, you obviously forgot how this board was after Martin's first year. I'm willing to give Tyndall 3 years, just like I was for Raleigh, Dooley, Martin, etc. However, as bad as Martin was in some people's eyes, he didn't have a losing season, made the post season every year, and didn't have the NCAA breathing down his neck. I don't think it's too much to ask for each and every UT coach to meet those expectations every year. Do you?

My expectations are much higher.....I think our program has more potential.....the problem was that our talent level was dropping and chances that Zo could keep even his post season streak alive were slim....as for the NCAA stuff, I don't even consider it bc I feel it is a very corrupt organization....my expectations are much higher than Zo and much higher than CDT has currently shown.

After his first yr? People adored Zo to the point it became obnoxious....I use to make fun of it all .....Zo wipes front to back, I'm so glad he is our coach.....Zo washes hands after going to the bathroom, I'm so glad he is our coach and on and on and on....the regular posters of the basketball forum was made during this time expecting a huge yr also.

My expectations are much higher.....I think our program has more potential.....the problem was that our talent level was dropping and chances that Zo could keep even his post season streak alive were slim....as for the NCAA stuff, I don't even consider it bc I feel it is a very corrupt organization....my expectations are much higher than Zo and much higher than CDT has currently shown.

And if it really dropped off as far as we've looked this year, I would say it was time for him to be let go. That's the point.

After his first yr? People adored Zo to the point it became obnoxious....I use to make fun of it all .....Zo wipes front to back, I'm so glad he is our coach.....Zo washes hands after going to the bathroom, I'm so glad he is our coach and on and on and on....the regular posters of the basketball forum was made during this time expecting a huge yr also.

And it's obnoxious how much people are glorifying Tyndall's season.

Vols might lose in the first round of the SEC tourney. Same will go for the Gators. There are probably only 2-3 teams in the tourney that the Vols could beat-Auburn is one of them. If the team hasn't progressed by year three, find a new coach!:aggressive:

Last edited:
Glorifying? HAHA. People are slamming him following these last 4 losses. I'm reading comments on here saying "wow with these facilities and he still can't field a decent team". Like SMH

I did a chart for the baseball forum at the end of last season. It went back to the final season of Delmonico and it shows in some detail the destruction of the program under Raleigh. To make a long story short, by the end of his tenure teams were batting .296 against us. We had no pitchers, in 2009 every pitcher had an ERA above 4.00 and the team ERA was over 6.00.

I could go on for a bit with stats, but more importantly...When Serrano was hired, they had one of those banquet type events and I decided to go. I had no idea that I would be sitting with a few players and their family members. Of course, I'd read some stories here on VN about Raleigh, but I didn't know if they were true. They were. Horrifyingly true. He should have been run, if not for his poor record, then for his sorry behavior much sooner than he was.

Back to basketball...:)

I have only heard two people glorifying him....SD and Dallas.....most have varying opinions of him but it's my opinion that it's way to early to have a real opinion of him

Glorifying? HAHA. People are slamming him following these last 4 losses. I'm reading comments on here saying "wow with these facilities and he still can't field a decent team". Like SMH

Yeah that guy is hearing what he wants to hear.

There are just some silly comments on this board. Par for the course, I guess.

No one is praising Tyndall for being 14-14. But it is clear to me that the man can coach the game. But at the end of the day, you also need players to execute. At this moment, the question is whether or not Tyndall can do that.

There are just some silly comments on this board. Par for the course, I guess.

No one is praising Tyndall for being 14-14. But it is clear to me that the man can coach the game. But at the end of the day, you also need players to execute. At this moment, the question is whether or not Tyndall can do that.
Yeah I think he can coach too....the third class is showing promise.....it's in our best interests for him to be able to get it done

I disagree....people are suppose to be emotionally tied to their favorite program and this is the kind of place for fans to vent their frustrations. After every single loss, I'm ready to fire the coach lol....I think that's why go didn't make me an AD lol

I don't have a problem with people being emotionally tied to their program. We all are to an extent. My problem is the doom and gloom attitude that is showed after a loss. Did they honestly not look at the roster before the season and not see this possibly happening? I mean, get a reality check. Most live in a fantasy world where they think 18-22 year olds that they don't know should provide them satisfaction in their otherwise mundane lives. That's the problem I have.

That's a crock and you know it. You know the suspects that are sunshine pumpers on here. There were Martin sunshine pumpers and there are just a handful of Tyndall sunshine pumpers. Most rational people know that Tyndall still has to prove he can recruit and stay out of trouble. His first NCAA trouble involved a booster at Morehead St. That was not nearly as troubling as what is being reported at So Miss. Until that gets resolved, we are in a holding pattern. Only the truly uninformed have jumped all in because most people are in a wait-and-see mode until this gets cleared up. If you want to talk X's and O's, talk to anyone in the coaching profession and they'll tell you that Tyndall knows that. It's recruiting and the NCAA investigation that has people concerned.

Reactions: 2 people
It would have been a real nice season had TN taken care of business at home. As it turned out, Donnie has been making bogies, but he gets a mulligan until the NCAA either releases or executes their hostages.

Reactions: 1 person
I have only heard two people glorifying him....SD and Dallas.....most have varying opinions of him but it's my opinion that it's way to early to have a real opinion of him

I haven't glorified him, I just don't air my trash on message boards.

I don't have a problem with people being emotionally tied to their program. We all are to an extent. My problem is the doom and gloom attitude that is showed after a loss. Did they honestly not look at the roster before the season and not see this possibly happening? I mean, get a reality check. Most live in a fantasy world where they think 18-22 year olds that they don't know should provide them satisfaction in their otherwise mundane lives. That's the problem I have.
U r making this way too serious....people is going to b&tch after a bad loss.....it has nothing to do with fulfillment of their lives.

U r making this way too serious....people is going to b&tch after a bad loss.....it has nothing to do with fulfillment of their lives.

Nah, I'm not. Check out the responses. They're ludicrous. If most people's relatives were to read their responses, I bet they would be embarrassed.

VN Store

Back