Star Wars: Episode VII (December 18, 2015) ***SPOILERS***

And Disney is devotiong a whole arm of Animal Kingdom to Avatar. I'm like, what? Star Wars is a franchise. Toy Story is a franchise.
Avatar was a quirky movie, high on digital effects and light on any stort or characters that will transcend generations like Darth Vader or Buzz Lightyear.

I watched it for the second time today. Yes, I got a little bored. It's the first movie I've seen multiple times in the theater.

I loved it and picked up on a lot I overlooked the first time. Rey is lovely. Daisy Ridley was a fantastic find. I might be in love with her.

That is all.

And Disney is devotiong a whole arm of Animal Kingdom to Avatar. I'm like, what? Star Wars is a franchise. Toy Story is a franchise.
Avatar was a quirky movie, high on digital effects and light on any stort or characters that will transcend generations like Darth Vader or Buzz Lightyear.

Yeah but it's still one of the biggest movies of all time. Its not like it was a flop.

Care to point out some flaws or you just gonna arbitrarily throw out your opinion which is in the minority?

So i guess because my opinion is in the minority, its dumb somehow. Typical VN.

Ok well I thought the acting was bad. I realize that living up to Ford, Fisher and Hammil was going to be tough but I just personally feel there could have been better actors chosen.

Had I never seen the original Star Wars movies, then this movie would probably have been good. I just dont think it measures up. This movie was probably the worst in the franchise IMO.

There are many other problems I had with the movie. From Kylo Ren being a weak azz villian to a female hero who seems to be able to do everything from defeating siths with little training herself to fixing and flying the Millenium Falcon with ease.

These are just my opinions. I realize that most on here love the movie and thats cool. I did not like it and thought it was terrible. I also realize that offering an opinion thats opposite of the norm, means its stupid and just for attention according to VN. Flame away.

Reactions: 2 people

Ok well I thought the acting was bad. I realize that living up to Ford, Fisher and Hammil was going to be tough but I just personally feel there could have been better actors chosen.

Had I never seen the original Star Wars movies, then this movie would probably have been good. I just dont think it measures up. This movie was probably the worst in the franchise IMO.

There are many other problems I had with the movie. From Kylo Ren being a weak azz villian to a female hero who seems to be able to do everything from defeating siths with little training herself to fixing and flying the Millenium Falcon with ease.

These are just my opinions. I realize that most on here love the movie and thats cool. I did not like it and thought it was terrible. I also realize that offering an opinion thats opposite of the norm, means its stupid and just for attention according to VN. Flame away.

Calling this the worst film in the franchise is asinine, considering The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones exist.

Reactions: 5 people
Calling this the worst film in the franchise is asinine, considering The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones exist.

Lmao. He thinks the acting was bad in the Force Awakens, but thinks PM and AOC are better movies.

Note to self: ignore BOT's opinion on players in the recruiting forum,

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

It's easy to look past Rey's abilities when you consider Anakin built droids and pod raced at 8 years old and Luke had never been trained to fly an x-wing and had minimal force training with Obiwan (like 2 days at most) and blew up the death star with no targeting computer and his eyes closed.

Honestly I think this one had the best acting of the series.

I didn't love the movie. I liked it but definitely thought it could be better.

Frankly, I don't believe you. I think you just want to be a contrarian.

Last edited:

There was nothing wrong with the acting. You're just picking nits. Go watch the prequels again and then tell me the acting in The Force Awakens is bad.

Were you trying to hit your quota for L's for the entire year in one post?

Finally saw it this weekend and liked it a lot. Was it perfect? Nah, but it was a lot of fun more than anything.

Viewing it as a semi-reboot, I like where they are headed and was very pleased with the new actors they brought in.

Its not the type of movie (or franchise, really) that should bring in big name actors for the new characters. Considering that, I think they did a good job casting them and they work well as the old guys transition the franchise to them.

Reactions: 3 people

When you say the bolded, it's hard to take your opinion seriously. The acting in the originals was far from Oscar worthy (besides Alec Guinness). It wasn't terrible but come on.

And you can't say with a straight face this one was worse than all the prequels. I can even buy if someone puts this on the same level as ROTS (even though I seriously disagree), but there is no way anyone can think TPM and AOTC is better than this one and not be trolling.

If you're gonna troll try not to be so obvious with it next time.

VN Store

Back