Star Wars: Episode VII (December 18, 2015) ***SPOILERS***

I dont think they will run the Disney logo in the front. People act like Mickey Mouse is going to be jedi in this thing. They don't run it in the Marvel movies so no real reason to think they would do it for Star Wars. Propably just run the LucasFilm logo with a similar sounding fanfare.

I think they will. We will prolly get something like this:

walt_disney_pictures_logo_disney_4_44518dd38cc332921201beda99592cf1_490x350.png

+

120411064621_lucasfilm-logo-640x360-16x9.jpg

+

opening_a_long_time_ago.jpg

+

starwarsscroll_2.jpg

Except that I'm thinking they will do a little something different with the Disney intro, like they did with Tron or The Lone Ranger, and they might add in the Bad Robot logo too (with R2D2 as the bad robot maybe?)

I really don't see anything wrong with that. You just got that Disney intro replacing the 20th Century Fox one. In fact, I think it would be kinda awkward and more out of place to just jump straight into the Lucasilm logo.

Last edited:
To me if they wanted to reboot the Star Wars franchise, they don't need a continuation from Ep VI. Too much of the expanded universe will cloud the minds of SW fans and it will "suck" or be "great."

However, never a complaint without a solution. You want to reboot the Star Wars line and make it into something people want to see? Easy, set the timeline during the Sith Wars. I know some non-canon work has been done in that department, but for me? A live action, asskicking Jedi-Sith conflict could easily be expanded into at least three movies if not more. And provides a complete reboot that's possible to tie into Episodes I-VI.

At some point the prophecy was made that Anakin would bring balance to the force. Make the storyline fall into that.

Someone just have JJ Abrams give me a call. We'll work it out.

They need to make, if they're able to, a trilogy covering the Yuuzhan Vong War. I know one certain thing that would tear people's hearts out and fill YouTube with reaction videos like GoT.

To me if they wanted to reboot the Star Wars franchise, they don't need a continuation from Ep VI. Too much of the expanded universe will cloud the minds of SW fans and it will "suck" or be "great."

However, never a complaint without a solution. You want to reboot the Star Wars line and make it into something people want to see? Easy, set the timeline during the Sith Wars. I know some non-canon work has been done in that department, but for me? A live action, asskicking Jedi-Sith conflict could easily be expanded into at least three movies if not more. And provides a complete reboot that's possible to tie into Episodes I-VI.

At some point the prophecy was made that Anakin would bring balance to the force. Make the storyline fall into that.

Someone just have JJ Abrams give me a call. We'll work it out.

I think that is a minority. Most people are just fans of the the movies and never bothered with anything outside of the movies. The video games probably had the most exposure to casual fans but I don't think anyone holds those to cannon.

I like your idea about the Sith War though.

I think that is a minority. Most people are just fans of the the movies and never bothered with anything outside of the movies. The video games probably had the most exposure to casual fans but I don't think anyone holds those to cannon.

I like your idea about the Sith War though.

I agree. Personally I'm ok with the EU not being canon and honestly never thought it was. That doesn't take away from them as there is some great material in the EU.

I want to see a Jedi-Sith war trilogy. Supposedly, there's an undiscovered planet in the galaxy full of Sith Lords.

Reactions: 1 person
They need to make, if they're able to, a trilogy covering the Yuuzhan Vong War. I know one certain thing that would tear people's hearts out and fill YouTube with reaction videos like GoT.

That's what I was hoping for when I found out or a basing them off the Thrawn books. Thrawn was a bad ass leader.

I have to admit though, when I read about Chewie dying, I did get a little choked up. :cray:

IMO, the Sith Lord part would ruin the movies more than Johnny Depp being it. Would be awful if they totally disregard the whole point of the first 6 films.

On that note, I don' think Disney will ruin. I do, however, believe there are 2 things that will ruin it:

1. Sith (or "Dark" Jedi) are involved
2. It follows expanded material too closely, to the point where its just a film version of novels/comics and you basically know what's going to happen. Let's see something original and a little more unexpected

IMO, the Sith Lord part would ruin the movies more than Johnny Depp being it. Would be awful if they totally disregard the whole point of the first 6 films.

On that note, I don' think Disney will ruin. I do, however, believe there are 2 things that will ruin it:

1. Sith (or "Dark" Jedi) are involved
2. It follows expanded material too closely, to the point where its just a film version of novels/comics and you basically know what's going to happen. Let's see something original and a little more unexpected
They aren't following the expanded material at all. Rumor is future movies will be based off of what Lucas has included in the original movies..so no Han Solo twins, etc.

They aren't following the expanded material at all. Rumor is future movies will be based off of what Lucas has included in the original movies..so no Han Solo twins, etc.

Which sounds like it will be a complete flop past the initial excitement over the first installment.

I wasn't hugely happy with the way Star Trek was rebooted by Abrams. It was the only way it could be rebooted, but just didn't have the same charisma as the original Trek. So I'm imagining SW won't end up being much different/better.

Which sounds like it will be a complete flop past the initial excitement over the first installment.

I wasn't hugely happy with the way Star Trek was rebooted by Abrams. It was the only way it could be rebooted, but just didn't have the same charisma as the original Trek. So I'm imagining SW won't end up being much different/better.

I actually felt the Star Trek movies had too much of a Star Wars vibe. But seriously JJ just has to beat the last 3 pieces of S##t that Lucas made to be successful and that's not going to be hard.

Disney is doing their own "Star Wars canon" thing so who knows where that goes. Just no more ewoks or jar jar's.

They are going to focus on Practical effects as well I have heard like the originals.

As a fan of the EU, it sucks to hear they're going to basically invalidate it. There've been lots of great stories to come out of the EU. The storylines in the EU were much better than what Lucas did with Episodes I - III, not that that was hard to do.

As a fan of the EU, it sucks to hear they're going to basically invalidate it. There've been lots of great stories to come out of the EU. The storylines in the EU were much better than what Lucas did with Episodes I - III, not that that was hard to do.

As a long time reader of comic books I've been through a few reboots, retcons, and stories I just wished never happened. I've learned to take it in stride. If I hated it I generally pretend it doesn't exist (at least until someone comes along and references it again). Reboots and retcons I just tell myself the previous stories are still there if I want to go revisit them and take the new stories at face value.

As a long time reader of comic books I've been through a few reboots, retcons, and stories I just wished never happened. I've learned to take it in stride. If I hated it I generally pretend it doesn't exist (at least until someone comes along and references it again). Reboots and retcons I just tell myself the previous stories are still there if I want to go revisit them and take the new stories at face value.

Reboots and retcons finally burnt me out about 7-8 years ago. That and rising prices.

But mostly the ridiculous retcons Quesada was allowing to happen.

Reboots and retcons finally burnt me out about 7-8 years ago. That and rising prices.

Q did a lot of good things for Marvel but he also did a lot of annoying things. I follow writers more than characters these days anyway. If they cross paths with a favorite character all the better. Prices are ridic though. If there is something I want to try that is out of my usual interests I wait for a Sale on Comixology.

Retconning MJ and Peter Parker is what got me to quit basically.

Brand New Day was the best Spider-Man had been since pre-clone saga. I liked Dan Slott until he took over full duties. His big events where lame though and seemed to come with more frequency. I bailed after ASM #700, not because I was upset about Peter (who I knew would come back) but because it was a good jumping off point for a book I felt had gotten stale again.

I actually felt the Star Trek movies had too much of a Star Wars vibe. But seriously JJ just has to beat the last 3 pieces of S##t that Lucas made to be successful and that's not going to be hard.

Disney is doing their own "Star Wars canon" thing so who knows where that goes. Just no more ewoks or jar jar's.

They are going to focus on Practical effects as well I have heard like the originals.

I'll still stand by my original theory that no matter what, you cannot reboot the franchise based on the end of Episode VI since Lucas himself stated he had nothing past that point. I recall seeing an interview done some years ago about it and the whole thing was about Vader.

I agree with others that the Thrawn series would make a decent background (plus, I'd love to see who they picked to play Mara Jade lol) for Ep VII-IX, but I'm just not getting good vibes that this will have a "Star Wars" feel to it since a lot of fans are already familiar with the whole Thrawn spin off. I mean, it's got a great background already of the Skywalker family continually flirting with the Dark side and the attempts to rebuild the Republic. It could work if they bought the series and canonized it. But they've already dismissed that I see.

To me, again, if they want canon works that people could/would generally be happy with, do not link it in any way, shape or form to the original saga except as deep background. Which is why I suggested the Sith Wars as being something folks could get into without destroying the extensive works created in the aftermath of Return of the Jedi like the Thrawn series.

Q did a lot of good things for Marvel but he also did a lot of annoying things. I follow writers more than characters these days anyway. If they cross paths with a favorite character all the better. Prices are ridic though. If there is something I want to try that is out of my usual interests I wait for a Sale on Comixology.

I started collecting both Spider-Man and X-Men in the early '80's. Both were totally mutilated by retcons over the years. What Quesada allowed them to retcon in Spider-Man was tantamount to sacrilege, starting most prominently with Gwen having twins by Norman Osborn and leading all the way to the whole Mephisto reboot. I don't know what they've done since, but after all that, I lost the characters I had grown up on so I stopped caring.

Best story ever IMO was the Dark Phoenix Saga. I remember reading it as a kid and it was magical. I was a little perturbed when they brought Jean back because it took away from the magic of that story, but I eventually got over it. When they had Scott leave Jean for Emma, it was the beginning of the end for me.

I understand the need for some retcons. As time passes by, they'll come a point it no longer makes sense Frank Castle fought in Vietnam. But pointless retcons ruin great characters.

I'll still stand by my original theory that no matter what, you cannot reboot the franchise based on the end of Episode VI since Lucas himself stated he had nothing past that point. I recall seeing an interview done some years ago about it and the whole thing was about Vader.

I agree with others that the Thrawn series would make a decent background (plus, I'd love to see who they picked to play Mara Jade lol) for Ep VII-IX, but I'm just not getting good vibes that this will have a "Star Wars" feel to it since a lot of fans are already familiar with the whole Thrawn spin off. I mean, it's got a great background already of the Skywalker family continually flirting with the Dark side and the attempts to rebuild the Republic. It could work if they bought the series and canonized it. But they've already dismissed that I see.

To me, again, if they want canon works that people could/would generally be happy with, do not link it in any way, shape or form to the original saga except as deep background. Which is why I suggested the Sith Wars as being something folks could get into without destroying the extensive works created in the aftermath of Return of the Jedi like the Thrawn series.

Lucas has changed his story so many times over the years that I doubt even he could keep them straight. There was absolutely a point where he stated he had originally planned to do a trilogy of trilogies(9 movies). The problem is, we fanboys credited Lucas with more creativity than he actually possessed. What he does have in huge abundance is ego, and that led to his crybaby meltdown when fans criticized Ep. I - III.

As far as the Thrawn trilogy, Disney owns the rights to it. They bought up the entirety of LucasArts, which included the ownership of the EU novels. All of the EU was supposed to be canon when owned solely by Lucas. Lucas set boundaries on writers on what time eras they could touch, and which were off limits. He had a special position for someone whose sole purpose was to keep the continuity. Lucas is very much the control freak and wanted to be sure everything matched up. Pick up just about any of the later EU hardbacks and you'll find they always had a timeline at the beginning to show where certain stories fell into place.

VN Store

Back