Star Wars: Episode VII (December 18, 2015) ***SPOILERS***

I don't have any faith that they will be able to make anything decent. Part of what made the originals so great was the puppetry. The CGI in episodes 1-3 gave them a completely different feel.

I like Abrams, but I'm afraid he'll ignore the expanded Star Wars universe just to create something he can call his own. Starting with the book series by Timothy Zahn, the Star Wars universe has expanded decades into the future. Han and Leia have had kids. Luke married and had a son. Major characters have died and new characters have been introduced. For fans of the movies alone, that might not be a big deal, but for fans of the expanded universe, such as myself, the idea of just wiping all of that out really sucks.

Ehh.. I kind of view that like Indo Comic book films. Movies are just different. I don't expect it to follow the script the same way.

FWIW I enjoyed what little SW EU I've delved into which does include the Zahn trilogy. I credit that series along with the Dark Horse Comics series Dark Empire with the resurgence of SW in the early 90s.

You don't think the costumes and having puppets like Jabba the Hut look better than the cgi that looks like a cartoon?

I agree with you. I think CGI should play a role but the Cantina scene in New Hope was much more engaging than the CGI heavy Mos Eisley in Phantom Menace.

However, the prequels had more problems than that. There were some great actors in the cast but I think Lucas is a terrible director at getting the best performances out of them. It's like he rushed through the live action filming so he could get to the CGI part.

I have different views about this film. I believe it will be great. Abrams is a great director who I believe will stay true to Star Wars. Disney has shown that it can make movies that aren't kid oriented.

Should be a better movie than the prequels. I agree with whoever above that Episode 3: revenge of the Sith was best star wars movie made. Episode 1 and 2 sucked.

You don't think the costumes and having puppets like Jabba the Hut look better than the cgi that looks like a cartoon?

I think other than Frank Oz's amazing work with Yoda, the rest of the puppetry was meh. I don't like the over use of CGI either but I wouldn't say the puppetry is what MADE the OT so great, as you said. Yoda is the only puppet in the OT that I thought "came to life." Jabba, along with all the other puppets in ROTJ to me were just....puppets. I don't see how that's any better than CGI characters.

'Star Wars: Episode VII' casting call coming to Nashville

'Star Wars: Episode VII' casting call coming to Nashville

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

The production team behind the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII will be in Nashville later this month for a casting call for what it says are two "major roles" in the film.

A representative for Lucasfilm says they are looking for a young man between the ages of 19 and 23 and a young woman ages 17 and 18.

Anyone outside of the age range will not be considered, and those under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

The event is set for Sunday, Nov. 24, at the downtown Sheraton, 623 Union St., from noon to 5 p.m.

The casting call includes a meet-and-greet with the film's casting director, Maryellen Aviano, whose recent credits include Man of Steel, Inception, Hangover Part III and The Avengers..........

That's a bummer. If only I was 5 years younger. That would be a dream come true for many people being in a Star Wars movie. lol

1 was pretty good because of the characters.
2 was boring IMO. Jar jar was annoying and the only thing I enjoyed was the developing story between anakin and padme.
3 was the best. Felt awful at the end but knowing the "conclusion" was alright.

I could see this being really bad but it's got potential.

1 was pretty good because of the characters.
2 was boring IMO. Jar jar was annoying and the only thing I enjoyed was the developing story between anakin and padme.
3 was the best. Felt awful at the end but knowing the "conclusion" was alright.

I could see this being really bad but it's got potential.

Jar Jar was barely in 2. I do t see how you can say he was annoying but enjoyed the first more than the second. And the screen chemistry between Christiansan and Portman ruined that story line.

First behind-the-scenes photo from Episode VII:

BZDej1FCIAAH5Y3.jpg

Also confirmation that R2D2 will be in it (as if it were ever in doubt).

Here's hoping they pick up the story with Ben and Vestara. Don't know who they are? Read the books. If your a Star Wars fan, you'd enjoy the expanded universe.

OH lawd I hope not, I also feel disgusted seeing Disney next to Star Wars still.

OH lawd I hope not, I also feel disgusted seeing Disney next to Star Wars still.

I dont have a problem with Disney owning Star Wars (or Marvel) but it doesnt look right seeing their logo on there.

That might be some early promo mock up but once they name the episode that 7 will turn back into a T.

Just thought about it. With Disney owning the franchise, I suppose that means we won't get the cool 20th Century Fox musical intro before we see "A long time ago in galaxy far, far away..."

'Star Wars VII' Will Have Major Change to Opening: No Fox Fanfare - TheWrap

If Im not mistaken the fanfare was actually part of rhe Star Wars score then Fox continued using it for later movies.

Edit: I am mistaken. Although Williams did re-score it specifically for Star Wars.

Last edited:
Since Williams is composing Episde 7, it wouldn't surprise me if he comes up with a piece to bridge "When You Wish Upon a Star" with the Lucasfilm (and possibly Bad Robot) logo

I dont think they will run the Disney logo in the front. People act like Mickey Mouse is going to be jedi in this thing. They don't run it in the Marvel movies so no real reason to think they would do it for Star Wars. Propably just run the LucasFilm logo with a similar sounding fanfare.

VN Store

Back