Stand up Comedy Thread

This Matt Rife controversy is so funny. I don't think he said anything worthy of being "canceled," but when your fan base is made up of middle-aged women who want to bang you, maybe jokes making light of domestic violence aren't the way to go. I think he's already lost his shot at most of the male audience...I see all the same criticisms I have of him everywhere I see his content, "He's not funny. He barely does any written jokes, he mostly just does crowd work."

This Matt Rife controversy is so funny. I don't think he said anything worthy of being "canceled," but when your fan base is made up of middle-aged women who want to bang you, maybe jokes making light of domestic violence aren't the way to go. I think he's already lost his shot at most of the male audience...I see all the same criticisms of him I have of him everywhere I see his content, "He's not funny. He barely does any written jokes, he mostly just does crowd work."

He should be canceled for not being funny. I made it about 5 minutes into his Netflix special.

Whitney Cummings' new special Mouthy is really good. Hesitated to watch it because I thought I would have to create an Onlyfans account to do so. But OFTV works more like Youtube, meaning you just download the app and it's free to watch.

He should be canceled for not being funny. I made it about 5 minutes into his Netflix special.
Same for me. I really wanted to like it, but after about 15-20 minutes it became a struggle for me.

The cancel thing was just weak though. I had to go back and watch the first joke to even remember what was supposed to be so offensive. Just a laughable stretch to get offended by a stand up routine that you know is going to be full of off color stuff.

Last edited:
Same for me. I really wanted to like it, but after about 15-20 minutes it became a struggle for me.

The cancel thing was just weak though. I had to go back and watch the first joke to even remember what was supposed to be so offensive. Just a laughable stretch to get offended by a stand up routine that you know is going to be full of off color stuff.

Not sure cancel is the right word. Mostly seems like he's losing some female fans. I have just seen criticism, but not any sort of boycott.

The comedians that I’m watching on YouTube or that I’m listening to the most are Tom Segura, Shane Gillis and Nate Bargatze.

Gillis’ Trump impression is hilarious and I think for where I am in life Segura and Bargatze are kind of who relate to the most .

Also, if anyone wants to watch something really hilarious, here’s a mashup of Martin Short roasting Conan for 6 minutes.

The comedians that I’m watching on YouTube or that I’m listening to the most are Tom Segura, Shane Gillis and Nate Bargatze.

Gillis’ Trump impression is hilarious and I think for where I am in life Segura and Bargatze are kind of who relate to the most .

Also, if anyone wants to watch something really hilarious, here’s a mashup of Martin Short roasting Conan for 6 minutes.

I love all 3 of those guys. Gillis getting canceled was the best thing to happen to him. I can't imagine him wasting away on SNL. He's too rowdy for that. I love the way his career has come along.

I love all 3 of those guys. Gillis getting canceled was the best thing to happen to him. I can't imagine him wasting away on SNL. He's too rowdy for that. I love the way his career has come along.
Gillis is hilarious. I didn’t know until recently that he had been offered a spot and then cancelled.

Gillis is hilarious. I didn’t know until recently that he had been offered a spot and then cancelled.

Yeah, and for such dumb jokes. It's the kind of **** we used to joke about when we were 13 YO's. It wasn't clever or anything. He's so much more thoughtful now, and definitely still crosses lines but people allow you to if you earn it.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Yeah, and for such dumb jokes. It's the kind of **** we used to joke about when we were 13 YO's. It wasn't clever or anything. He's so much more thoughtful now, and definitely still crosses lines but people allow you to if you earn it.
Was it jokes that were insensitive to mentally handicapped? I’m not sure what they were, but that would be my guess.

When it comes to pure joke, writing structure, two of my favorite current comedians actually dated recently, but they aren’t together anymore.
It’s Sam Morrill and Taylor Tomlinson.

Finally watched the newest Shane Gillis on Netflix. So, so wrong, . . . But maybe the hardest I've laughed in years. It literally reminded me of how comedy used to be before everyone became so sensitive.

Finally watched the newest Shane Gillis on Netflix. So, so wrong, . . . But maybe the hardest I've laughed in years. It literally reminded me of how comedy used to be before everyone became so sensitive.
Chris Rock's latest one on Netflix is really good too, and has some really harsh but hilarious jokes.

VN Store

Back