Stand-up Comedians

I like Dane Cook in movies, but I'd rather be in Manti Te'o's shoes right now than watch his stand up

Talk about a strange situation. At least with his "beard" gone, him and Tebow can come out about their relationship.

It's become cool to hate on Dane Cook, but I'd take him over Jesselnik or Swardson. Don't get me wrong, Cook is annoying but he's at least made me laugh before. He's funny like 1 out of every 4 jokes. Those other two have a far worse ratio.

His stuff isn't as funny as it was in the mid 2000s, but I agree, Cook gets a lot of unwarranted flack IMO.

Nobody likes his personality. I was just saying that there are others that are even worse.

Dave Attell, Joe Rogan, George Carlin, Bill Hicks

C.K, Brian Regan, and Anthony Jeselnik are my favorites. Galifanakis at the purple onion is hilarious.

His special on Comedy Central last week was pretty funny. My two favorite jokes were the one about his mom being a Holocaust denier and the Casey Anthony joke that he closed the set with. He's also done a solid job filling Greg Giraldo's shoes at the roasts.

Reactions: 1 person
You and I need to have words.

It's not like he's been Giraldo's equal by any stretch of the imagination, but he's been a good addition. For all the hype that Jeff Ross gets for being the "Roastmaster General" I always thought that Giraldo was a far superior roaster than Jeff Ross was/is. Maybe there was some bitterness that brought an edge to his jokes that none of the bigger names could bring. I could never figure out why Giraldo never hit it big when so many seemingly lesser comics did. Go back and watch the times he roasted the Blue Collar Comedy Guys. It always seemed just to be in good fun, never sour grapes, but IMO Giraldo had every reason in the world to be bitter about those guys being out on sold out, multi-million dollar tours while he toiled away in relative obscurity.

Reactions: 1 person
Can never go wrong with George Carlin, and Bill Hicks......

One I like is Doug Stanhope, but likely hard to find on Youtube, or other such places as there's filthy and then there's Doug Stanhope.......Chapelle is positively more conservative then Bill Cosby compared to Doug Stanhope.......it's so filthy that while I morally kinda oppose it......I just can't help but laugh my butt off.....his midget rant esp......Try the sicko album... and seeing him live is even better....the man could offend Larry Flynt.

I won't bother saying not for those easily offended, you WILL be offended, but you will still laugh. My wife was saying she felt guilty after seeing him live, like she needed to shower and use some anti-bacterial soap he was so bad...and then stopped on way out to buy his cd's.

I like Stanhope a lot, and oddly he doesn't offend me. But I have no filter and my friends say they cant believe the **** I say. So that probably explains me liking him so much. Lol

Not exactly stand up comedy, but I just watched the Conan O'Brien special on Netflix and it was pretty interesting. It's a behind the scenes look at his live show he did while his non-compete kept him from being on TV for six months.

VN Store

Back