Stadium DJ System

As bad as you think the so called "thug music" is, it's still better than hearing that stupid go gators chant in a game.

I'm all for both. However, it doesn't seem very well coordinated at this point...maybe that will change.

I was sitting very close to the DJ, and the band was on the other end of the field, often there was sound coming from both at the same time...like an audio slug fest.

There was a low end rumble that seemed to never go away...work out the kinks and it could be cool, today...it was fatiguing.

This was my thought too. I told my friend they should have some walky-talkys or, I don't know, a producer or director tell they band when to play and the DJ when to play. I didn't mind the DJs "thug" music and I'm a 51 y/o WASP. But, I did find it a much different experience when we moved out of the sun and into the shade in the upper east end...right next to the speakers. Thought my heart was going to defib.

The music doesnt bother me it gets me hyped and I'm sure all the recruits love it...but I will say if they are going to continue to play it I wish they would seriously upgrade the sound system in the stadium. That kind of music doesn't sound good at all coming through megaphone speakers.

They have speakers about every 30 ft underneath the upperdeck. The speakers are all busted though and look like something out of your grandfather's stereo cabinet. I don't mind a dj or music if they get somebody with some talent. It's hard to imagine that dj or music impressed any recruit much.

Y'all do realize the DJ stopped his music (every time) as soon as he knew the band was playing, right? Or do you just want to feel pissed about it?

That goes along with the comments about it needing to be more coordinated. By the time he realized the band was playing, they were half way through. I'm all for spicing things up, but don't disrespect those kids when it's their time. That's all I'm saying.

Reactions: 2 people
I disagree with OP. I like it. Its a new change that we are headed to. If the kids like the change, then I am for it. Its music. If you don't like it, its probably because you are one of the lame a$$ fans that sits in front of me and reads a book at the game. Yes, that is a true statement. Or the guy that sits next to her that tells people to quiet down. Go home and watch the updates on ESPN if you don't like where the new TN is headed. this isn't the Dooley era, and the Fulmer times have changed. We want the best and we are going to be the best, and if this is one step we do on the way to being the best, then I am all for it 100%.

I disagree with OP. I like it. Its a new change that we are headed to. If the kids like the change, then I am for it. Its music. If you don't like it, its probably because you are one of the lame a$$ fans that sits in front of me and reads a book at the game. Yes, that is a true statement. Or the guy that sits next to her that tells people to quiet down. Go home and watch the updates on ESPN if you don't like where the new TN is headed. this isn't the Dooley era, and the Fulmer times have changed. We want the best and we are going to be the best, and if this is one step we do on the way to being the best, then I am all for it 100%.

Were you even at the game?

That goes along with the comments about it needing to be more coordinated. By the time he realized the band was playing, they were half way through. I'm all for spicing things up, but don't disrespect those kids when it's their time. That's all I'm saying.

He called for applause for the band multiple times. Implying he was trying to disrespect the band just isn't accurate.

Im ok with it in this environment, but it was too much, too loud and too distorted, Sterling, or Sterl the Perl or whatever he is calling himself needed to chill a bit, the constant screaming was over the top. I doubt very seriously that the use of a Dj whether in the Spring Game, or actual games, is going to push a recruit one way or the other...I just don't buy that. It would've been nice to actually be able to have a discussion with the person next to me at times during a break though but we couldn't hear each other over the screaming...and the VFL game at halftime, I finally had to get up and go out into the concourse because I was getting a headache. BTW, Not every negative opinion or comment is based on a racist attitude, I would have felt the same way had it been Billy Joe down there cranking out Hank Jr or Eric Church and screaming before, during and after each song.

He called for applause for the band multiple times. Implying he was trying to disrespect the band just isn't accurate.

I don't think either was deliberately trying to disrespect or play over the other. I just think some better coordination would make it flow better and have a more dramatic impact. The combination can add a lot to the overall atmosphere when they work together.

You guys are talking about how much you disliked the DJ sound system....

While I was pissed that he didn't play "STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WERE HERE" Drake, like last year....:cray:

I don't think either was deliberately trying to disrespect or play over the other. I just think some better coordination would make it flow better and have a more dramatic impact. The combination can add a lot to the overall atmosphere when they work together.

Exactly.

I'm not against "thug music," as the racists call it. I'm just against annoying, ridiculously loud screaming that you can't even understand.

Reactions: 1 person
BTW, Not every negative opinion or comment is based on a racist attitude, I would have felt the same way had it been Billy Joe down there cranking out Hank Jr or Eric Church and screaming before, during and after each song.

I would be totally okay with Billy Joel DJing the games, though.

when i was a student (less than 10 years ago), i appreciated the "sounds of football" - PA, band, timeout updates, etc...

i had 50+ other hours during the week i could listen to music/dj

I'm not against "thug music," as the racists call it. I'm just against annoying, ridiculously loud screaming that you can't even understand.

^^^this. My son is a tween and he felt the same. Music was good. Someone screaming at me full volume invokes a fight or flight feeling. No good. My son sat with fingers in his ears for about half the game. Screams were much louder than the old school hip hop.

It can definitely be improved. Sounded horrible when he was yelling into the mic. Music was decent. Mostly older stuff, as people have said. I liked that he played "Trophies" for the recruits.

I think so too.

You guys are talking about how much you disliked the DJ sound system....

While I was pissed that he didn't play "STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WERE HERE" Drake, like last year....:cray:

He did play it.

Reactions: 1 person

Im really not trying to hijack this thread but calling people racists for calling rap music "thug music" is you assuming thugs can't be white which is um, well...racist.

College Football used to be an intimate spectacle with lots of unique traditions from one school to the next. I'm not anti rap or anti DJ per se, but I think it cheapens the overall experience to have it blasted in a disproportionate amount at these events. I know the main event is a football game played by young kids that like all that rowdy stuff, but as a spectator, it has lost a lot of its presentation value. My 2 cents. Call me an old curmudgeon if you must.

VN Store

Back