Stadium DJ System

The problem was sterling was yelling into the mic and it was so loud you couldn't understand what he said. He's like the people who yell when they're talking on a speaker phone. Just talk like you normally do and all is well.

If the recruits like it, I like it. And I'm one of those old Caucasians. My only complaint about the DJ system was not the noise or the choice of music but the quality of the audio.

Reactions: 1 person
The problem was sterling was yelling into the mic and it was so loud you couldn't understand what he said. He's like the people who yell when they're talking on a speaker phone. Just talk like you normally do and all is well.

There is absolutely no way for him to know how his voice is going to project.

You DO need to be loud in a stadium setting, and it's the sound guys, not the speaker or singer, that need to be making the adjustments.

I like the DJ, I also love the band, I don't like watching the band rise, play 3 seconds of music and then have to sit back down because play started.. DJ and pumped in music is easier to control in the short amount of time given.

The DJ was there all of last year and even at some basketball games this past season...He isn't going anywhere

The problem during pregame a lot of times is that the sound bounces off all the empty space in the stadium and it's like listening to a loud radio in a stairwell.

Reactions: 3 people
The music is ok. It's him just yelling random things at random times. He didn't do that last year. I loved it last year. And I think he won't be yelling like that when the season comes

I'm 25 and like the DJ playing music during the drills and intermissions, but the bit during the VFL flag football game was, to say it nicely, ignorant and unnecessary. His mic was way to loud and then he begins to yell everything he says segmenting thoughts with "OH MY" and random stuff like it was an "And One" event. That was the only single complaint of the entire day. Everything about the game and layout was awesome today.

As a season ticket holder, just to add my two cents, I don't mind them mixing it up at all. Last year was fine by me. They do, however, need to do something about the horrible sound system in the stadium. Some of the worst sound quality I've heard in a stadium, and I've been to quite a few. Gotta put speakers around the stadium. Central location is so outdated and just awful.

Too loud? Are you kidding? It was a football game.... maybe we should tell our fans to quiet down too?

All schools do this. I don't know why it's taken Tennessee so long to get on board. Bama does this, but their system is louder than ours was today. They also mic their band through the same system so there isn't a drastic change in the volume.

The audio was a little off because of where the speakers were located, as they aren't up above the stadium facing down, but you do what you've gotta do.

I loved it. It's about time Tennessee breaks into the 21st century.

They used it too much. Agreed. And being 19 myself people my age don't like old hip hop music from the early 2000s. Lol.

This is the execution of real college football atmosphere. Why? It's so friggin canned and generic. This makes it more like the bad NFL games.

Reactions: 2 people
We complaining about music at a practice? Practice? I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice.

Whatcha need is a little Steven Curtis chapman up in that joint. Things get crump real fast when you drop them beats

They used it too much. Agreed. And being 19 myself people my age don't like old hip hop music from the early 2000s. Lol.

Henton is probably closing in on 50. It's a wonder it wasn't Sugar Hill Gang 24/7.

Everyone has to remember that everyone is not into the same music

There needs to be a good mix of different music instead one particular kind

Old and young alike must learn that one anothers taste will not always fit one another

It's probably something that will go away if it becomes too annoying at games. There is something wrong with you if you need music to pump you up to watch a UT game in Neyland. Something seriously wrong

Reactions: 4 people

Old and young alike must learn that one anothers taste will not always fit one another

It's probably something that will go away if it becomes too annoying at games. There is something wrong with you if you need music to pump you up to watch a UT game in Neyland. Something seriously wrong
I don't usually agree with this old timer but I agree with this. I hate country but I think they should play some of it for the people that like it. If they can deal with listening to hip hop I can deal with country.

There is noise and there is music.

VN Store

Back